Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President thanks retirees for loyalty and long service

Go down

President thanks retirees for loyalty and long service Empty President thanks retirees for loyalty and long service

Post  Sirop14 Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:31 pm

President thanks retirees for loyalty and long service

01-December-2017

President Danny Faure yesterday met three long-serving public servants who are retiring.
The retirees are Marise Berlouis (48 years of service) from the office of the Designated Minister, Lena Desaubin (33 years), the chief executive of the Industrial Estates Authority (IEA) and Ambassador Callixte D’Offay (41 years).
President Faure honoured and praised those retirees and talked about their long years of service, the different stages of evolution and development which have taken place over the years in their respective work places.
The retirees were welcomed at State House by President Faure and the Minister for Home affairs and Local Government Macsuzy Mondon, who is also the designated minister.
The retirees said they have all worked long years and they are looking forward to relaxing, spending quality time with their families and friends and even undertaking personal projects.
Speaking to the media after their meeting with President Faure, the retirees shared their secrets for remaining for such a long time in their profession.
“I started working at the age of 17 years old; since I started my career I have worked in so many different sections such as the Private Youth Centre, Public Services, Small Businesses, among others. After 48 years of service, it’s time for me to rest. I want to enjoy the time that I have with no stress. I gave a lot to my country and the government, and I hope through my career I have inspired the youths to be patient in life,” Marise Berlouis said.
Lina Desaubin, who has served for 33 years, said that she loved her job and protecting the environment.
“There are different factors that can make a person serve for a long time in a job, but the factors that made me serve 33 years are the love for my jobs. I have also worked in France, China among other countries, and I also spent some time in the media field. With the knowledge I have gained through my long career, I am ready to share my knowledge with my children,” she said.
Ambassador Callixte D’Offay began his career in 1976 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Seychelles as deputy head of the protocol department and he then took the responsibility of director general at the external relations division of the same ministry from 1987 until 1990. During that period, he served as non-resident ambassador to several Asian countries.
“Throughout my career I have discovered so many countries, but I wanted to work for my country, and contribute towards its progress. My main responsibilities covered political and diplomatic relations, economic and trade partnerships.”
All three retirees said that they will rest for a while before deciding what to do with their spare time.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=256776

Comment - It would appear that even form his resting Place Sir James Mancham is still causing a great deal of stir in our nation politic many will disagree

However it would do well for our Nation to remember there are far greater complexities in the original appointments and nomination of those officials retiring then President FA Rene and yet those managing the Nations affairs their comportment and our National media.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down