Operation still on to remove stranded fishing vessel

Go down

Operation still on to remove stranded fishing vessel Empty Operation still on to remove stranded fishing vessel

Post  Sirop14 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Operation still on to remove stranded fishing vessel

27-August-2018
Efforts continued yesterday in an attempt to remove a Kenyan-flagged fishing vessel that is stranded on the reefs in the vicinity of Cerf and Long island since Friday evening.

Operations to remove the vessel stopped on Saturday evening due to the rough sea conditions and after a fatal incident that took the life of experienced Captain Pierre Grandcourt who was taking part in effort to assess the situation where the vessel had been stuck (see lead story).

Following the failed attempt on Saturday evening, the director general for Maritime Safety Administration, Joachim Valmont, said the Seychelles Ports Authority met again yesterday morning with the different concerned bodies like the Coast Guard and others for a technical meeting to discuss the operation that they were going to carry out during the course of the day weather permitted.

“We planned to go on the scene to assess the situation in order to better plan the operation during the afternoon if all goes well and the weather improves,” Captain Valmont stated.

Meanwhile Captain Valmont said the seven crew members remain on the vessel and its captain has said they are safe.

But Captain Valmont said provisions have been made to patrol the area to ensure the vessel and its crew remain safe.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=260164

Sirop14

Posts : 11184
Join date : 2008-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum