Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up Close … with Vincent Isaac, qualified nurse, musician …also bound to a wheelchair

Go down

Up Close … with Vincent Isaac, qualified nurse, musician …also bound to a wheelchair Empty Up Close … with Vincent Isaac, qualified nurse, musician …also bound to a wheelchair

Post  Sirop14 Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Up Close … with Vincent Isaac, qualified nurse, musician …also bound to a wheelchair

23-August-2016
‘If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear any hardship today’

Vincent Isaac is a hard-working individual who dedicated 25 years of his life as a nurse at the Ministry of Health. He also has many other abilities such as playing several musical instruments but unfortunately as fate would have it, Vincent lost the ability to work due to a brain malfunction known as Arnold-Chiari malformation type one (CMs), which forced him to be bound to a wheelchair.
Chiari malformations (CMs) are structural defects in the cerebellum, the part of the brain that controls balance. When the indented bony space at the lower rear of the skull is smaller than normal, the cerebellum and brain stem can be pushed downward.
As if this misfortune was not enough, Vincent lost his wife last year while undergoing treatment in Sri Lanka. With the passing away of his wife, Vincent has always been positive in life and always stays optimistic that he will work again one day.

Before being bound to a wheelchair Vincent was a very active person, full of enthusiasm and the willingness to help others in need. He is a kind and loving person, full of inspiration. Since he was diagnosed with (CMs) around three years ago, he dreams about being able to get back on his feet again, to be more active in society.
In our ‘Up Close’ column this week we meet the fearless Vincent Isaac where he talks about his life as a nurse, musician, and the day he was diagnosed with (CMs) losing the ability to work, among others.

Childhood and music career
It is no mean feat to be a versatile musician as well as a qualified nurse but how did all this start and where did Vincent get such ability to achieve so much in life?
“It all started at the Pointe Au Sel crèche, then I went to primary & secondary school at Anse Royale, following which I pursued my studies at the former National Youth Service (NYS) and polytechnic,” Vincent says.
Vincent’s love for music started at the age of ten, when he was introduced to the Young Pioneers brass band.
“They were recruiting people, so I took that opportunity and joined the band. My first instrument was the cymbal which I played for three months, and then I moved on to the drums and trumpets. I was in the brass band for 12 years. It is important to love what you are doing,” he says
During his music career Vincent has played in the ‘Red Berrets’, ‘Tanmi’, ‘Leve Tradisyon’, ‘Sokwe’ and ‘Leko’ bands.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=250727

Sirop14

Back to top Go down