Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!

Go down

Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!  Empty Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!

Post  Sirop14 Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!

The departure of Captain Grandcourt is surely a loss for the family and the whole of Seychelles, and
we take this opportunity to thank him for all that he has been for this country, and also we salute his devotion, bravery and greatness as a man, and the professional that he was!

To all family members, may you find strength in the Lord and comfort in the memories left behind by Captain Grandcourt!
You do not grieve alone, as Seychelles grieve with you!
https://www.facebook.com/lavwalalyans/videos/741686229556726/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!  Empty Re: Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!

Post  Sirop14 Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:37 pm

‎Robert Grandcourt‎ to Seychelles and the Sea.
2 hrs ·
Families and Friends,

Words are inadequate to express my gratitude for your overwhelming messages of sympathy and support following the tragic death of my brother, Pierre Grandcourt. Your kind messages are soothing our family's souls and helping us cope with this great loss. Pierre was an exceptional member of our family and he is going to be sadly missed. I will always admire his values, professionalism and his sense of duty to his family and fellow compatriots that he loved so much. No call to help distress sailors and their crafts at sea was too much for him. A quality that saved many lives but, sadly, in the end, took his own. Oh God, I'm going to miss my loving brother.

A disaster like this is another reminder that our lives are intertwined on those little boats, we call Seychelles, in this unpredictable and troubled ocean. Together we will conquer these challenges and come out of it stronger.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156011149380674&set=gm.1159846477473958&type=3&theater

Comments -
Jean-Marc B Lablache My sincere condolences. May he rest in peace.

Mary Laird We are forever a part of your family....and also praying to help all of you to get through this loss.

Weston Wirtz The friendly amicable Pierre, though gone physically, your name and good deeds will be a legacy for future marine students to know about your devotion for marine adventures and your aptitude to response as first respondent to any mishaps at sea which…See More

Jane Stravens Thanks Robert. Pierre is invisibly with you all... Take care and stay blessed! We are with you all in thoughts and in prayers!

Sarah Wong Courage to you and family Mr Grandcourt and family.May he rest in peace .only great men do what he did.

Rosabel Hoareau-Martiin Robert it is indeed a terrible blow to loose loved ones and in such terrible circumstances,unfortunately Mother Ocean washed our dear Pierre out of our lives but he will watch over our people as a graceful Paul le en queue or as the majestic Hawksbill so dear our hearts

Leonie Isaac Naylor May he rest in peace!

Lal Fani Shahdeo May his soul rest in peace.

Barry Robert Tirant R.I.P KOURAZ MN FRER E TOU LAFAMIY..

Betty Michel Our deepest condolences to Grandcourt family a great loss

Hope Hope Nou pou mank son bann fars son bann jokes.RIP Mr grandcourt. My condolences to all his families and friends

Manisha Shah Our deepest condolences.

Noella Gappy Condolences to his wife, children, brothers, sisters and other members of the family. May his soul rest in eternal peace....

Gilles Moulinie My deepest sympathy and condolences to the whole family...

Gina Laporte We are all saddened by his passing ! Accept our condolences !

Simone van den Berge Condolances ❤️

Andrew Short We are all so very sorry for your loss and as a family will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Marie Lyse Morgan My sincere condolences.

George Volcere A VERY GREAT GOOD HEARTED MAN GONE

Larue Pips Courage uncle Robert. Xoxo

Nella Vidot Olson We have lost a kind and caring person. My condolences to you and the rest of the Grandcourt family.

Monica Lana Delpech Too sad to see this photo
But his memories will live on in all the people’s heart who knew Pierre a happy and good humored person

Angelika Maurel Heartfelt and sincere condolences.

Glynn Burridge The tragic loss of a fine and brave man. My heart goes out to you and the family.

Joanna Pool Our deepest condolences to you and all the family.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!  Empty Re: Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!

Post  Sirop14 Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Seychellois captain dies in rescue operation at sea

27-August-2018

Captain GrandcourtWell-known and respected Seychellois captain Pierre Grandcourt lost his life in an accident at sea on Saturday afternoon.

Captain Grandcourt was on the Seychelles Ports Authority’s pilot boat Merle to bring his help in the operation to remove a fishing vessel floating Kenyan flag that had run aground on the reefs in the vicinity of Cerf and Long islands on Friday evening.

Captain Grandcourt was a great seafarer with vast experience in such operations as he was part of the team who raised the capsized La Belle Praslinoise and Praslin Hero belonging to his elder brother Luc Grandcourt, but in the rough seas on Saturday, a huge wave hit the vessel he was in and threw him in the sea. Other members of the crew on the vessel were also thrown about when the huge wave hit but they suffered minor injuries.

President Danny Faure has expressed his deepest condolences to the family and friends of captain Pierre Grandcourt who passed away following the tragic accident.

The president said “the country is mourning the loss of such an irreplaceable professional in the maritime industry”.

He says his “thoughts and prayers are with all those afflicted by this tragedy”.

Speaking to Seychelles NATION yesterday afternoon, captain Grandcourt’s widow Sylvia said the family appreciates all the outpouring of support and prayers at this time of great sorrow and great loss.

Captain Grandcourt has left behind his wife Sylvia, two children, a grandchild, three brothers and three sisters.

In his tribute to Pierre Grandcourt whom he described as his “brother”, leader of the opposition in the National Assembly, Wavel Ramkalawan, wrote:

“Today I bid farewell to a friend, a brother and a co-worker. Pierre, I would never have thought that today (Saturday) I would cry over your lifeless body. Only last night (Friday night) I was talking of your professionalism when as an expert witness you gave evidence in a case to support Regar. At Jany's 70th birthday party at the Britannia on Praslin, that old sense of humour that we share, brought so much laughter.

“You were a man who believed in principles. When the time came for you to stand up for them, you did. Even though you were the best captain at the port, they terminated your appointment. The country that you loved so much and which you were serving, solely for political reasons, told you that you were not wanted. But you stood up for justice, freedom and democracy. If this country is a better one today, it is because of the sacrifice that you made.

“On October 3, 2006, you were present. I remember so well how the police took your camera because you were taking photos, but then forgot to take the card. That's how we got the photos to mark the day.

“You stood as a candidate for the opposition at English River. You sought justice for workers as a member of the Public Service Appeals Board. You served faithfully and fairly. For this reason you were liked by all.

“Brother, in your darkest hour at the death of your son Gareth, I held you, and encouraged you. In the loss of my parents, you were present. I will forever cherish our friendship.

“Coincidence in life had us share the same birth date – March 15. We were of the few who upon wishing the other 'Happy Birthday' responded with 'Same to you!'

“You died helping others voluntarily. This is the selfless spirit that I will forever cherish.

“Pierre, in life we loved you. In death, the bond remains eternally.

“Sylvia, Vanessa, Craig, the Grandcourt and Ah-Time families, our love, thoughts and prayers are with you tonight and always. May you be granted strength, courage and a faith that will carry you through your grief.

“Pierre, my brother, Beau Vallon, Praslin and La Digue bid you Adieu. Till we meet on the other shore, may the Almighty send his angels to take you to your eternal home.

“Rest in peace my brother.”

The Lalyans Seselwa has also extended its greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the loss of their loved one Captain Pierre Grandcourt.

“The departure of Captain Grandcourt is surely a loss for the family and the whole of Seychelles, and we take this opportunity to thank him for all that he has been for this country, and also we salute his devotion, bravery and greatness as a man, and the professional that he was!,” writes Lalyans Seselwa.

It adds: “To all family members, may you find strength in the Lord and comfort in the memories left behind by Captain Grandcourt!

“You do not grieve alone, as Seychelles grieve with you!”
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=260167

Comment - We believe in Accountability, the need to share the link of the Adventist the Beau Bassin Church where many Adventist Pastor have preached and come to Seychelles they had an all woman /female Service and the topic was on Mary the mother of Jesus of Nazareth. We spend the best part of the day listening to them. In Australia the big Adventist event that Saturday.

We ask everybody not to jump to conclusion we have 40 years with other leading personalities of the world endeavoring to work and, understand and manage such issues. Cerf Island is the Home of the Calais Family their Adventist connections.

https://www.facebook.com/sdachurch.beaubassin/videos/330204940880974/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Authorities devising plan to free vessel grounded on reef in Seychelles
Victoria, Seychelles | August 27, 2018, Monday @ 17:26 in National » GENERAL | By: Salifa Karapetyan Edited by: Betymie Bonnelame | Views: 485
http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/9645/Authorities+devising+plan+to+free+vessel+grounded+on+reef+in+Seychelles

Comment - As a tradition Sea going Family, he would have been educated by his Father about the para-science dangers in Sea going, the many aspects - it is part of the Sailor/Captain education/knowledge, those who work in the Rescue at Sea.

The need to remember the Calais Families as excellent sailors and the person of Captain Harvey Brain linked to that Family. Captain Brain mother and his sea going life.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:33 pm

TéléSesel is with Jennifer Arnephy and 16 others.
August 25 at 2:37 PM ·
télésesel in ganny lenformasyon konmkwa Pierre Grandcourt in mor dan en aksidan lo lanmer. Pour le moman napa okenn lenformasyon ofisyel ans ki konsern sirkonstans lanmor msye Grandcourt. Nou prezant ou avek en ekstre interview ki nou ti fer resaman avek msye Grandcourt pandan ki nou ti pe prodwir dokimanter ERO ki pou pase byento lo télésesel.
https://www.facebook.com/1934059633518184/videos/672727013094473/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:11 am

Today in Seychelles
Page Liked · 23 hrs ·

Our cover this Monday 27 August 2018
https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/photos/a.417785501592599/1816298825074586/?type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lalyans Seselwa wishes to extend the greatest sympathy to the Grandcourt family for the lost of their loved one; Captain Pierre Grandcourt!  Empty Maritime tragedy: Death of Captain Pierre Grandcourt

Post  Sirop14 Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:34 am

Today in Seychelles
36 mins ·
Monday 27 August 2018

Maritime tragedy: Death of Captain Pierre Grandcourt

Seychelles mourns the loss of 'irreplaceable professional'

by S.Els

President of Seychelles, Danny Faure has extended his condolences to the family and friends of Captain Pierre Grandcourt who died on Saturday, 25 August following a boat accident.

Director General of Seychelles Maritime Administration, Captain Joachim Valmont confirmed the incident happened at about 2pm on Saturday.

Captain Grandcourt along with Port Authority personnel on board the boat Mearl, went out to a reef between Cerf and Long islands to assess the situation where a Kenyan-flagged vessel Diamond Ace 1 had run aground. The team travelled out in the hope of pulling Diamond Ace 1 off the reef. The boat the Capt. Grandcourt was travelling on was trying to get as close to the scene as possible when the boat was hit by a large wave.

"The weather is really bad and the boat was hit by a big wave and Captain Grandcourt was thrown overboard. The crew members tried to pull him in, but unfortunately by the time they managed to pull him out of the water, he was unconscious and was taken to the port where an ambulance came to assist," said Captain Valmont. It is unclear at this stage as to what caused Captain Grandcourt's death.

In a statement, President Danny Faure said that the country mourned at the loss of an "irreplaceable professional" in the maritime industry.

TODAY joins the nation in expressing our condolences to the family of Captain Pierre Grandcourt.
https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/photos/pcb.1817660274938441/1817659468271855/?type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:06 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=301639753750764&set=gm.2675453442472715&type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Le Seychellois added a new photo — in Seychelles.
1 hr ·
Friday 31st August 2018.
https://www.facebook.com/LeSeychellois/photos/a.1680470392017261/1945662145498083/?type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Seychelles bids farewell to Captain Pierre Grandcourt

04-September-2018
Father Lonnie presiding over the service

The funeral service for Seychellois Captain Pierre Grandcourt who lost his life while attempting to free a grounded vessel in the St Anne Marine park on August 25 was held yesterday at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Victoria.

A large congregation of relatives and friends of Mr Grandcourt gathered at the cathedral to pay their last respects to the captain and to celebrate his life.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=260271

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:57 am

Tribute to Captain Pierre Grandcourt!

https://www.facebook.com/ricki.morin.5/videos/2094282800590897/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:52 am

Robert Grandcourt shared a post to the group: Seychelles and the Sea.
58 mins ·
Families, friends and acquaintances, Unfortunately, because of a major health problem of a close one, I will not be able to write you individually. Please accept this message as my family's gratitude for your prayers, soothing words and other manifestations of support and encouragement to our family following the tragic death of my brother, Captain Pierre Grandcourt. . Pierre was a loving, kind and clever member of our family who we are going to miss for the rest of our lives.
We are also very sad of the many other marine accidents this monsoon.Once more, I would like to express our family's condolences to the other families and friends of all the courageous sailors who have lost their lives at sea.
Wishing you love, good health and happiness. God bless.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156036731590674&set=a.142779750673&type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down