Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarification Launch of new book publication by Julien Durup

Go down

Clarification Launch of new book publication by Julien Durup Empty Clarification Launch of new book publication by Julien Durup

Post  Sirop14 Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Clarification Launch of new book publication by Julien Durup
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=261598

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Clarification Launch of new book publication by Julien Durup Empty Re: Clarification Launch of new book publication by Julien Durup

Post  Sirop14 Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:45 am

Seychellois historian Julien Durup hands copy of new book to President Faure

19-December-2018
Following the official launch earlier this month of his new book ‘Seafaring Adventures and Conflicts in the Indian Ocean 3500BCE-1811CE’, local historian Julien Durup yesterday handed a copy over to President Danny Faure.

After receiving a warm welcome from the head of State, Mr Durup had a lengthy informal discussion with President Faure.

Meeting the press soon after, Mr Durup expressed deep appreciation for the opportunity to share his passion for history and genealogy with the President.

“I told the President that he will be remembered in history as someone who allowed the people of Seychelles their freedom of expression. I also shared with him a new project I am involved in with the support and collaboration of an association based in Reunion. The project, which is currently underway, entails restoring our historical sites, tombs and other historical landmarks. We also discussed a wide range of other issues impacting on society today namely the increasing erosion of moral and cultural values, of respect in our society,” Mr Durup stated.

He described his talks with President Faure as “open, serious and frank”.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=261673

Sirop14

Back to top Go down