Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow

Go down

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow Empty Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow

Post  Sirop14 Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow

30-July-2014

Work on the second bridge at Anse Aux Pins has been completed and by tomorrow traffic flow will return to normal after a new layer of tarmac has been laid, a project director of the Seychelles Land Transport Authority (SLTA) has said.

As a result of construction work on new drainage systems and bridges just after the ex-Reef hotel and near the Victoria Car Hire in the Anse Aux Pins district, temporary road diversions were needed to ensure traffic wasn’t slowed down and to eliminate congestion during the construction period.
The projects started in February this year.

Speaking on behalf of the chairman of the national drainage task force and environmental engineer, Nimhan Senaratne, Naddy Samson said the Anse Aux Pins road will be ready by tomorrow.

“Since Monday our team worked on creating a base for the road and on Tuesday we smoothened out the base with a first layer of tar. On Wednesday we will put the final layer, meaning that by Thursday the road will be operational,” he said.

He added that the speed bumps will be removed along with the other road signage.
Although the bridge is completed, they will now be finishing the channel which will take the water coming from the mountain side into the sea, thus avoiding flooding during heavy rains.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=242502

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow Empty President Michel’s visit to Anse aux Pins and Au Cap

Post  Sirop14 Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:10 pm

President Michel’s visit to Anse aux Pins and Au Cap

07-August-2015
What the small businesses say:

President James Michel yesterday visited small businesses at Anse aux Pins and Au Cap as part of his customary visits to various districts to see for himself how those businesses are doing, the problems being encountered, their success stories and visions for the future.
The president, accompanied by the Minister for Investment, Entrepreneurship Development and Business Innovation Michael Benstrong; his principal secretary Marise Berlouis and MNAs and DAs of both districts, started off his tour at Anse aux Pins where he visited Melinda Fanchette’s day care centre, Darrel Mousbe’s barber shop, Jovanna Lafortune’s hair dressing salon, Brian Figaro’s steel fixing workshop and Clement Moumou’s bakery .
At Au Cap the presidential delegation visited Suzanne Edmond’s sewing workshop, Harry Zelia’s mechanical workshop, Dave Fred’s bakery, Val de Pres craft kiosks; Simon Gamatis’ home bakery and Harry Samson’s self-catering establishment.
And the following are what the businesses had to say to the president:

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=246360

President pledges to make it easier for small firms to grow
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=246359

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow Empty Miss Seychelles’ Children’s Restoration Project starts at Montagne Posée prison

Post  Sirop14 Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Miss Seychelles’ Children’s Restoration Project starts at Montagne Posée prison

28-August-2015

Work on a children’s playground at the Montagne Posée prison has started.
The playground forms part of Miss Seychelles ... Another World 2015 Linne Freminot’s ‘Beauty with a purpose’ project entitled ‘Children’s Restoration Project’. It aims to allow inmates to have more quality time with their children during visiting hours.
The project is being funded by Vijay Construction (PTY) LTD and on Tuesday afternoon Miss Freminot, together with the director of Vijay Construction, Foram Varsani, representatives from the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) and the Seychelles Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), another supporter of the project, as well as the media visited the project site. Prison superintendent Maxime Tirant took them on a tour of the site where ground breaking work started earlier this week.
During the visit Miss Freminot learned of the various tasks that remain to be undertaken before the project is completed.
The construction of the children’s playground at the Montagne Posée prison has been one of Miss Freminot’s greatest dream since she began her reign. She has been knocking on doors to get financial support to have it built before October, so that she can carry the successful realisation of her ‘Beauty with a purpose’ project with her to the Miss World pageant to be held in China later this year.
“My project is all about working with the children whose parents have been incarcerated. Instead of being in closed up area, the children can come and visit their parents in a better environment and friendly atmosphere where they can interact, play with their parents,” Miss Freminot told the press after the site visit.
She also said her long-term goal is to work with the children so that they do not make the same mistakes as their parents.
Miss Freminot also availed of the opportunity to thank SCCI and Vijay Construction for the much needed help they have brought to her project.
Mr Varsani said Vijay Construction always takes great pride in providing help to the community.
“It’s a pleasure to be part of such a project which serves the community,” he added, noting that the playground will soon be completed.
The STB’s chief executive Sherin Naiken also extended her gratitude and appreciation to Vijay Construction for its support to the project.
“I thank Vijay Construction for the wonderful gesture. It is an extraordinary project which will enable men and women incarcerated an opportunity to interact with their beloved young children,” she said.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=246589

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow Empty Renovated Mont Fleuri police station reopens

Post  Sirop14 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Renovated Mont Fleuri police station reopens

24-September-2015

The newly renovated Mont Fleuri police station was reopened yesterday by the Minister for Home Affairs Charles Bastienne and commissioner of police Ernest Quatre.
This was during a short ceremony at the station in the presence of members of the National Assembly (MNA) for the adjoining districts of Mont Fleuri and Plaisance Begitta Jeannevole and Roma Edmond, police officers, representatives of Shreeji and Laxmi companies among other guests.
The unveiling of the new crest of the police station was followed by the ribbon-cutting to officially open the station and a blessing of the building along with its personnel by Priest Edwin Mathiot.
Minister Bastienne said: “Renovation works on this station started about four months ago and today I am very happy that we have managed to keep the promise that was made to our officers to provide them with a more conducive and professional working environment, with a more public friendly reception area and better facilities.”
He said the police station is a perfect example of a partnership between the private sector and the government and he hopes that such noble initiative will be emulated by other private businesses in communities elsewhere.
The assistant commissioner for policing Reginald Elizabeth encouraged a working partnership between the Mt Fleuri police officers and the community.
He urged the station commander to practice an open door policy to strengthen the relationship between the station and its serving community based on trust, communication and goodwill.
“The fight against crime cannot be won by the police alone, but we need the support and cooperation of the community. By working together we can make a difference in creating a safer community,” he said.
Keshra V. Bhudia, the director of Shreeji and Laxmi companies who have provided financial support to this project, received a token of goodwill from Mr Quatre after delivering his speech.
The project has cost R600,000.
Today there will be the laying of the foundation stone for the Anse Aux Pins police station which will be followed tomorrow by that of the Grand Anse Praslin.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=246881

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow Empty 38 nouvo polisye i pret serman

Post  Sirop14 Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:46 pm

38 nouvo polisye i pret serman

25-September-2015

En group 38 nouvo polisye ti sermante devan komisyoner lapolis Msye Ernest Quatre yer apremidi, apre ki zot in swiv en formasyon enn an edmi. Sa ti pandan en seremoni parad ki ti deroul kot Lakademi Lapolis Pointe larue.
Envite doner kot sa seremoni pret serman ti Prezidan Larepiblik Msye James Michel. Osi prezan ti Minis pour Zafer Entern Charles Bastienne, konseye militer dan biro Prezidan Kolonnel Clifford Roseline, Sefdeta Mazor Lafors Defans Pep Sesel (SPDF) Lyetnan Kolonel Michael Rosette, lezot ozofisye lapolis e larme, paran bann nouvo polisye e lezot envite.
Parad ki ti animen par Lakoral Nasyonal ti dirize par lenspekter Peter Dacambra. I ti konpri partisipasyon lapolis regilye e ‘Response Unit’ – de brans lapolis ki’n dezorme akey sa bann nouvo gard.
Prezidan Michel ti ganny loner pour prezant pri – en laptop e lakoup ki limemn i’n ofer – a Shane Tambara ki ti meyer etidyan pandan formasyon. Meyer dan ‘Response Unit’ ti Alexander Cherry. Pri pour meyer lo nivo akademik ti al pour Bertrand Valmont e Alina Doudée, alor ki Channel Augustin e Jude Dubignon ti meyer lo nivo pratik. Gina Santache ti polisye ki ti’n montre plis progre pandan formasyon e Peggy Rachel ti’n montre pli bon disiplin.

Pandan seremoni yer, trwa ozofisye lapolis ti osi ganny promosyon. Sa ti swiv 40 lezot ant ran kaporal a lenspekter ki ti’n ganny promote yer bomaten. Romano Songor in sorti Asistan Sirentandan pour vin Sefsirentandan, Lenspekter James Tirant in vin Asistan Sirentandan e Lenspekter Peter Dacambra ti osi fini parad koman Asistan Sirentandan.
En group polisye ki’n swiv formasyon dan sirveyans video oubyen CCTV ti osi resevwar zot sertifika.
Komisyoner Quatre ti dir avek bann nouvo polisye ki sa moman i enn dan bann moman pli memorab dan zot lavi. I ti azoute ki i osi reprezant en gran responsabilite ki sakrifye zot lavi sivilyen, akoz tou sa ki zot pou fer aprezan pou annan en lenpakt lo zot karyer profesyonnel. I ti fer zot rapel ki zot in ganny lantrennman pour rann servis lepep Seselwa, latas ki i ti dir i priorite lapolis.
«Bokou in envestir dan zot. I aprezan zot devwar pour rann lasosyete sa ki in donn zot,», Msye Quatre ti dir.
I ti soulinyen ki zot in zwenn lapolis a en moman eksitan, kot sa lafors pe ofer nouvo loportinite, avek nouvo formasyon, servis e fasilite. Sa i enkli devlopman nouvo teknolozi e lenvestisman dan lenfrastriktir, parey konstriksyon nouvo kordgard Mont Fleuri, Anse Aux Pins e Grand Anse Praslin.
Son mesaz pour sa lokazyon se ki bann polisye i les zot ganny enspire par bann ki’n ganny promosyon, pour ki en zour zot a osi ganny rekonnet pour zot zefor.
Komandan Lakademi Lapolis, Sefsirentandan Francis Songoire, ti lo son kote fer resorti ki i en loner pour lapolis pour resevwar en lot group dan lafors. I ti felisit sa group pour fer en bon swa karyer e pour sikse ki zot in anrezistre dan zot formasyon. I ti demann zot pour met zot liniform avek dignite e akonplir plennman zot misyon.
«Pa les zot ganny tante dan nenport ki sirkonstans. Lapolis pa pou toler zot pour okenn move lentansyon ou faver,» i ti konklir.
Pour enn bann nouvo polisye Stenio Cadeau, sa moman sermantasyon i mark en pwen enportan dan zot karyer. I ti dir ki zot formasyon pa’n fasil, me ki zot rezilyans in montre ki i pa’n enposib. In azoute ki zot in elimin sak lobstak enn par enn e zot sikse i montre koman bann zenn i kapab reisir ler zot annan zot lobzektif aker. I ti termin par remersye lafors lapolis pour akey zot, zot bann lenstrikter pour form zot e zot fanmir pour zot sipor.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=246893

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow Empty 37 police officers promoted

Post  Sirop14 Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:48 pm

37 police officers promoted

25-September-2015

Minister Bastienne, commissioner Quatre, deputy commissioner Hunter, assistant commissioner for policing Elizabeth, assistant commissioner for support Hermitte and superintendant Songoire pose for a souvenir photo with the 37 officers who have just been promoted

Thirty-seven officers from several units of the Seychelles police force have been promoted to the ranks of special corporal, corporal, sergeant, sub-inspector and inspector. Only Vincent Marie was promoted to the rank of inspector.
The officers were presented with their new epaulettes by the commissioner of police Ernest Quatre in a short ceremony yesterday morning at the Seychelles Police Academy, Pointe Larue.
Out of the 37 officers one has been promoted to special corporal after being a special constable, two have moved from lance corporals to corporals, 14 from constables to corporals, 12 from corporals to sergeants, seven from sergeants to sub-inspector and one from sub-inspector to inspector.
Inspector Marie joined the police force as a recruit seven years ago and he enrolled on the Young Leaders’ Programme and upon completion he was promoted to the rank of sergeant.

As a sergeant he worked at the academy as a course director for post secondary education before being transferred to the Anse Aux Pins police station where he is now the station commander. Mr Marie was promoted to the rank of sub-inspector in February this year and through his excellent performance he has managed to become an inspector.
He said: “I am very happy with what I have achieved in seven years. My dream is to one day become the commissioner of police, so I will keep working hard until I get to where I want to be.”
The promotion ceremony was attended by the Minister for Home Affairs Charles Bastienne, deputy commissioner of police Vernon Hunter, assistant commissioner for policing (ACP) Reginald Elizabeth, assistant commissioner for support Godfra Hermitte and the commander of SPA Superintendant Francis Songoire.
ACP Reginald said promotion in the police force is not automatic as the officers have been evaluated and recommended by their commanding officers; therefore they have been ranked according to their performance.
“This is the approach the police administration is taking with regard to future promotion. It is through good performance and service in respective postings. You also have to take into account that there are limits on how many promotions that can be given in a year,” he said.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=246892

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow Empty Foundation stone laid for new Anse Aux Pins police station

Post  Sirop14 Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Foundation stone laid for new Anse Aux Pins police station

25-September-2015

A new police station will be built at Anse Aux Pins to replace the existing one and it should be ready by June next year.
The foundation stone for the project was laid yesterday by the Minister for Home Affairs Charles Bastienne and the general manager of Green Island Construction Company Ltd (GICC) Veronique Herminie.
Present at the ceremony were the commissioner of police Ernest Quatre, member of National Assembly for Anse Aux Pins Meggy Marie, police officers among other distinguished guests.
The new police station will be about 600 square metres and it will have new facilities to boost the operations of the police force as the Anse Aux Pins station covers Pointe Larue, Cascade, Au Cap, part of Montagne Posée and Anse Aux Pins itself.
It was Mr Marie who made a proposition in the National Assembly earlier this year that a new police station is built in Anse Aux Pins.
Addressing those present Mr Quatre said: “This project demonstrates that the private sector and the public have placed their confidence in the police.”
He also thanked the minister, the managing director of GICC Glenny Savy and all those who are contributing towards building the new police station.
Minister Bastienne said “t was more feasible to build a new police station rather than renovate the old one as the existing building does not meet the requirements of the police force and the new approach being used by the police.”
He also said the building which will be built next to the existing police station will cost around R6 million. This new modern police station will have a proper reception area, a meeting room, criminal investigation department (CID) area, and better detaining cells among other facilities.
The project will take between six and nine months to complete if everything goes according to plan.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=246890

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow Empty Re: Anse Aux Pins road work to be completed by tomorrow

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down