Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aerial silk dancer keen to promote this art form in Seychelles

Go down

Aerial silk dancer keen to promote this art form in Seychelles Empty Aerial silk dancer keen to promote this art form in Seychelles

Post  Sirop14 Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:15 am

Aerial silk dancer keen to promote this art form in Seychelles

19-August-2016
Daria Rabenda is an aerial silk dancer from Poland and currently spending her vacation in Seychelles.Daria, the aerial silk dancer, wants to promote this art form around the world She has been performing the art of aerial silk for the last five years.
Suspended nearly 50 feet in the air, on a smooth, shiny, shimmering piece of fabric, without safety harness or net, an aerial silk performer knows that death is only as far as the limits of their own sheer.
Daria performs the beautiful yet dangerous art of silk. Inspired by her mum, she started dancing at the age of five years old. She wants to share her ability with the world, and decided to come to Seychelles to start her journey.
“I would like to visit the most beautiful places around the world so that people can enjoy my art. My mother was my motivation, she taught me how to see life in a different perspective. She also gave me the ability to share my skills with other people. Last year I was even the semi-finalist in stretch got talent while doing aerial silk,” she said.
Daria has been in Seychelles for one month, and since that she has fallen in love with our gorgeous beaches and also gave some classes.
“My art can be viewed around the world. I came to Seychelles for vacation but I was still practicing aerial silk at the Carana Beach. Many local people were even interested to learn this style of dance, so I managed to teach them a bit about the art of aerial silk. I also got the opportunity to perform at the Coral Strand Hotel, were many people were surprised by my abilities and flexibility,” she Daria demonstrating her skills in aerial silkadded.
The talented dancer can also perform contemporary, hip hop and even jazz dances, but she prefers aerial silk.
“Nowadays, aerial silk is attracting a lot of fans and it is becoming more and more popular. Aerial silk constitutes a unique way of expression as well as a means of testing our limits. It combines creativity, exercising, flexibility and music in a unique way,” she pointed out
While having the time of her life in Seychelles, Daria also got the opportunity to visit other island such as Praslin and La Digue, and she hopes to come back again.
“I can honestly say that I have fallen in love with Seychelles and I have made so many friends. When I go back home I am going to report my journey in Seychelles so that it can be broadcast on television and other people can witness how stunning is Seychelles,” she said.
When Daria comes back to Seychelles, she wants to perform her art in the hotels in Seychelles and make people appreciate her talent.
Obviously this does not seem like the ideal job for many people. However for the few who dare try their hand, literally, at this dangerous profession, the exhilaration of aerial fabric performance can only be surpassed by the rewarding complete and total awe of human spirit and strength by its spectators.
The basics of aerial silk involve a performer who climbs up a suspended fabric anywhere from 20-50 feet high, and uses the fabric to wrap, fall, spiral, swing, and contort their body. Various tricks such as drops, upside-down splits, and flips make for a very exciting demonstration of human strength and agility. Due to the twisting and contorting nature of sport, no safety lines or harnesses can be used for risk of hanging or other fatal injury.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=250685

Sirop14

Back to top Go down