Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This year's Labour Day is a sad one for my place of work

Go down

This year's Labour Day is a sad one for my place of work Empty This year's Labour Day is a sad one for my place of work

Post  Sirop14 Mon May 01, 2017 5:37 am

‎Wavel Ramkalawan‎ to One Seychelles
53 mins ·
This year's Labour Day is a sad one for my place of work. Yesterday the National Assembly lost one of its security officers, Ms Christianne Simeon in a drowning incident at Ile Therese. Her 5 yr old niece also died in the tragic incident. My deepest condolences to the Simeon and Marie families of St. Louis.
What was meant to be a well deserved day of relaxation for the hard working staff of that institution ended in tragedy. The Speaker, Deputy Speaker, the Clerk n her deputy, and other officials of the Assembly, including myself were there to give assistance and consolation. We all got home past midnight. The Vice-President, Mr Meriton was at Anse ABoileau clinic and Minister Adam at the Victoria casualty. The medical staff did their best and they must be commended.
The above, despite being sad, shows how we can all come together in moments where solidarity and encouragement are so important. Giving one's shoulder for a brother or sister to lean on or cry on is part of our human greatness.
Today I pray that the same attitude may be the one we bring to our workplace as workers. May we learn to give of ourselves and in so doing, give our very best.
The National Assembly will not be the same without Christianne, the family home will not be the same. We shall cherish the memories and share your positive attitude at work.
Wishing all workers a blessed day.

Jack Butler Very sad indeed. May their souls RIP. Condolences to the families.

Sabrina Lizanne Agathine Condolences to the families

Kathy Cecile Sincere condolences to the families and friends.

Jason Louis My condolences to the family.

Antoine Desnousse Condolences to the fsmilies....

Willfred Tall Rip condolences to all family

Deepal Fernando R.I.P

Marie-Claire Cadeau Condolences to the grieving family. .

Basil Soundy Our very sincere condolences to the families.

Cinthia Gonthier Very sad my condolences to all the families

Ivy Orr Sincere condolences to the families
Like · Reply · 4 mins

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

This year's Labour Day is a sad one for my place of work Empty Re: This year's Labour Day is a sad one for my place of work

Post  Sirop14 Wed May 03, 2017 9:18 am

NATIONAL ASSEMBLY CONDOLENCE MESSAGE: It is with regret that the National Assembly confirms the passing away of a dear colleague and friend, Christianne Simeon who passed away on Sunday evening in a tragic circumstance following a Labour Day picnic organized by the Secretariat of the National Assembly.

Christianne along with her five year old niece, Ella lost their lives in this incident, off the coast of Ile Therese. Christianne had been working with the Secretariat as a Security Officer since July, 2014.

As we celebrate the life of a kind hearted and warm dear colleague Christianne and her sweet niece Ella, The Speaker Mr. Patrick Pillay, Members of the Seychelles National Assembly, and the Staff of the Secretariat join the family in mourning the departed souls. Our grief at this time is minimal compared to what the family must be feeling and our hearts and prayers go out to them.

The funeral will be held on Friday 5th of May, 2.30 p.m at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral. Burial will follow at the Mont Fleuri Cemetery.
https://www.facebook.com/LinyonDemokratikSeselwa/photos/a.1730785403828089.1073741828.1730106533895976/1903466929893268/?type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down