Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prominent Indian businessman in Seychelles passes away after life of success

Go down

Prominent Indian businessman in Seychelles passes away after life of success Empty Prominent Indian businessman in Seychelles passes away after life of success

Post  Sirop14 Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:00 am

Prominent Indian businessman in Seychelles passes away after life of success

http://www.avgroup.sc/

Victoria, Seychelles | November 24, 2017, Friday @ 10:18 in National » OBITUARIES | By: Julia Malbrook Edited by: Betymie Bonnelame | Views: 213

Valabhji, 84, passed away on Wednesday November 22nd at the Seychelles Hospital after suffering medical complications. (Abhaye Valabjibi Group)
Photo license  Purchase photo

(Seychelles News Agency) - Seychelles and the Indian community have lost a prominent figure in the business industry after the death of Abhaye Valabhji earlier this week.

Valabhji, 84, passed away on Wednesday November 22nd at the Seychelles Hospital after suffering medical complications. He leaves behind his wife, five children and six grandchildren.

Valabhji with his wife and five children (Abhaye Valabjibi Group) Photo License: All Rights Reserved
“He leaves us with sad and heavy hearts, but with a well-defined path to follow, one with high principles and ideals of honesty, generosity, kindness, and hard work,” said his son Anil Valabhji.

Anil Valabhji described his father as a man with a big heart who even when he was just starting off in business kept finding ways to help people. Abhaye Valabhji introduced the payment by installment for his clients.

“He had a genuine and contagious smile, and a generosity that leaves us humbled,” said Anil Valabhji.  He added that his father did not hesitate in offering credit to all who needed it like “fisherman who needed outboard motors, families and taxi drivers in need of a car, musicians in need of instruments, housewives who needed household appliances.”

Abhaye founded his first shop on Albert Street in 1962 which was the beginning of the Abhaye Valabhji company. (Abhaye Valabjibi Group) Photo License: All Rights Reserved

The late Valabhji, who was of Indian origin, was born in Seychelles, a group of 115 islands in the western Indian Ocean, on June 17, 1933 and was fourth among six children.

He was the founder and chairman of the well-known local business conglomerate the Abhaye Valabhji (AV) group. Abhaye founded his first shop on Albert Street in 1962 which was the beginning of the Abhaye Valabhji company.

The business was formally structured in 2004 to include all its businesses under one group. The AV group includes several local businesses and also works with some of the world’s biggest multinational companies like the Japanese Toyota Motor Corporation.

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/8284/Prominent+Indian+businessman+in+Seychelles+passes+away+after+life+of+success

Last edited by Sirop14 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:48 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Prominent Indian businessman in Seychelles passes away after life of success Empty Re: Prominent Indian businessman in Seychelles passes away after life of success

Post  Sirop14 Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:20 am

Obituary
Contribution to Commerce RIP Mr Valabhji
Courtesy: Today Newspaper

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1641857432544235&set=gm.784979928377984&type=3&theater

Clive Souffe Rest in peace Mr.Valabhji

Marlene Bouchereau Lal A legend is gone.

Parvez Udwadia My dad signing book of accounts during festivities for the Valabjee family as a sign of good luck. A ritual.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=565039157174846&set=p.565039157174846&type=3&theater

Parvez Udwadia Ton ton Abhaye Rest in Peace.

Kennedy Jolicoeur RIP Mr Valabjee, I was one of his faithful customer😣

Patrick Formert R.i.p.Abhaye

Peter James Roselie rip

Samia Lucie Rip

Henry Tony May he RIP

Denise Francoise Chetty RIP Mr Abhaye...

Coreen Fernandezcherry Rip

Pamela Coopoosamy Rip

Noellie Alexander RIP to the greatest salesman in Seychelles and condolences to his family.

Abigail Abby Dualuqua
Abigail Abby Dualuqua R.I.P MR. Valabhji

Ivy Orr May he rip. Condolences to the Valabhji families from Ivy and Brian Orr

Michel Roucou I salute you sir RIP. Thank you pou sa ki oun fer pou nou pep e pou nou pei.

Sameja Ayaaz R.I.P

Terry Sandapi I hope he passed away with his smile RIP

Suzy Dupres Stravens May his soul rest in peace

Ton Ton Sesel RIP Mr Valabjhi

Robert Nanty R. I. P sir

Marie-Josee Esparon Sincere sympathy to the family. RIP

Flora Elisa R.I.P Mr Valabhji.

Issy Cesar Always that smile kind understanding whatever circumstances,may his soul rest in peace.

Vanessa Frederick R.I.P

Micheline Marie Quatre R.I.P Mr Valabhji, Symphathy to the Family, I will come to you in the silence
I will lift you from all your fear
You will hear My voice...See More

Marnie Searles So sorry to hear of the passing of Abhaye Valabhji. Such a gentleman always with a beautiful smile & so pleased to see you. He will be sadly missed. My sympathy to his family.

Justin David please accept my heartfelt sympathies for your loss.

Paul B Chow The quintessential salesman!!!

Michelle Wilmot St Ange Sincere condolences from our family to yours ❤️

Charles De Comarmond Rip

On behalf of those 25,000 Seychellois exile/refugees we convey our condolence upon learning that  Leading former Lawyer Ramniklal Valabhji has also passed away - beside being the Lawyer of Judge E J Stiven Estate much more important the vast many issues of that SIROP program and our 15/20 years of exile those in Sechelles  Seychelles killing/butchering/removing/eliminating  all the key witness and those with knowledge of what really took place and we call this Democracy. Then the UN, the EU and the Commonwealth write complete manure and this is written as History and facts.

CJ stresses rules as new attorney sworn in
http://www.seychellesweekly.com/November%201,%202009/p15_attorney_gabriel.html

Last edited by Sirop14 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Prominent Indian businessman in Seychelles passes away after life of success Empty Re: Prominent Indian businessman in Seychelles passes away after life of success

Post  Sirop14 Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Businessman Abhaye Valabhji dies

24-November-2017
Abhaye ValabhjiPopular businessman, philanthropist and the rock of the Valabhji family, Abhaye Valabhji, died on Wednesday November 22 at the Seychelles Hospital.

Mr Valabhji, 84, passed away peacefully after suffering medical complications.

He was born at Victoria Hospital on June 17, 1933, to Valabhji Dharmachand and Chandubai and was the fourth of six siblings (Bhogilal, Ramniklal, Prasant ‒ all deceased ‒ Ashoka and Surekant, surviving).

Mr Valabhji married and is survived by his wife, Rukhsmani Shah, on May 18, 1959. They were blessed with five children -- sons Mukesh Valabhji (married Laura Alcindor) and Anil Valabhji (married Dolores Ernesta), and daughters Hemlatta Valabhji, Alpa Edmund (married William Edmund, deceased), and Neela Lakhmani (married Sanjay Lakhmani).

He is also survived by six loving grandchildren, Larissa Valabhji, Archard Ferrari, Nico Ferrari, Ashvin Valabhji, Rheya Lakhmani, and Aiden Valabhji.

Mr Valabhji founded his first shop on Albert Street in 1962 ‒ the launch of Abhaye Valabhji, Pvt., Ltd. He lived in his beloved Seychelles his entire life, with brief sojourns to the United States.

Defined by a genuine, contagious smile, the famous Abhaye smile, and a generosity that leaves all his children and family members humbled, Mr Valabhji did not hesitate in offering credit to all who needed it ‒ fishermen who needed outboard motors, families and taxi drivers in need of a car, musicians in need of instruments, housewives who needed household appliances.

He leaves his children with sad and heavy hearts, but with a well-defined path to follow – one with high principles and ideals of honesty, generosity, kindness, and hard work.

Friends and family are invited to a viewing and visitation today from 10.30am, followed by a service at 11.30am at Surya Memorial Hall, Mont Fleuri, Mahé. His body will later be cremated.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=256671

IN MEMORY OF A KIND MAN, MY BROTHER

With measured steps he went about his tasks daily
Executing them carefully and confidently
Whether it be repairing radios at night
Or working in the shop in daylight.

Out of his way he unflinchingly went
Helping those in need he was bent.
Always feeling absolutely capable
He invariably sorted out their trouble.

Always pondering his next move in words or action
He never failed to evoke a feeling of inspiration.
Smiling in his demeanor with an occasional
Burst of laughter he brought hope to one and all.

Naturally wanting to expand he opened his own shop
On Albert Street where many customers made a stop.
A permanent smile on his face Abhaye Smile
Was what he acquired to go the extra mile.

From home to shop he moved with dignity
Commanding respect in his natural ability
To sustain in his clients undying hope
And rarely to utter the word nope.

His name is Abhaye popularly known as Abay.
He helped his customers in every way.
His passing on has left a deep vacuum behind
Filled with memories of his being generously kind.

(WE WILL MISS YOU, AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE
IN OUR HEARTS. PLEASE WATCH OVER US ALL
WHEREVER YOU ARE.)

S. Valabhji

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:15 am

Not just because Mr Abbey Valabjhi was a merchant the need to respect the belief of the customers -He understood a good deal about the Adventist and knew many of them -among them the various President of the Church would have to to shop at his place. How he held their values.

As children my siblings and cousins use to talk and exchange a few words with the Bogilal children during Church break and one of my sister befriended the eldest daughter and as such they knew a good deal about the Adventist faith. As teen we all had girls we had a crush for the Adventist Church.

We had been taught by one of the Valabjhi brother/Uncle also

The Family had used known Mr/lawyer Ramnijk Valabjhi - later he was the divorce Lawyer for my first Mauritius Adventist wife. He had know then Judge E J Stiven some of the court cases he represented beside. Come the issues of our Independence the document he prepared Power of Attorney for my person n and the complicated political issues - beside the thematic of Zanzibar. He still remained the Seychellois Old Family Lawyer.

We got o meet Mr Ramnijk Valabjhi in London his shop was at the bottom of the super opulent Berkley Square where the Goldsmith have their Night Club, the old Readers Digest and the Rolls Royce Sale - I/we had done the research for Indian ocean Industrial Investment and Promotion Center - what ensued and the several attempts then Mr Gerard Hoareau and Mr Paul Chow - we had shared certain sensitive issues with him and much later going to meet him at his Residence in Eastbourn. We went over brief aspects of that SIROP program - He had know and represented countless leading Expat business men in that Seychelles and as such what he knew their backgrounds. Including Coral Strand and Beau Vallon Properties.

Come the announcement of multiparty Mr Mukesh Valabjhi close association with President FA Rene government, Mr Ramnijk Valabjhi knowledge of the Phase lll Reclamation and Mr Mukesh Valabjhi and the Finances. - we were poor in that Seychelles come 1991 and so too the many Merchants families - events and the sudden Development of the Family Family business - more important the Bogilal Family House next to the Adventist church.

That SIROP program was a very unique Program and concept at the core of its workings the Churches and their values, faith and belief. This Saturday a leading photographer from the Seychelles Community photo album and that of the Adventist church and the Bogilal Family house very impressive. The need to remind everybody in that Seychelles the old Seychelles Club and the foreign investor who had build that building and did not have the funds to finish and the Valabjhi Family acquired it.

We trust State House and everybody in Seychelles will respect that we are writing this comment from Europe and the Values and workings of Europe. We crossed sword with PM Blair because /On account of his politic for Seychelles preference of the Asian Merchants - once again we trust and hope those involved in that So call Truth and Reconciliation commission will double their efforts, the people need to know and the world need to know what really took place. Not just Party and Political propaganda.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1113734591987505&set=a.781082055252762.1073741831.100000529247671&type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Even Salzburg Radio this Christians who will shout pagans they decided to play this piece the super Cabbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSif77IVQdY

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down