Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TODAY received the news that former President France Albert Rene passed away at 00:20hrs today at the Victoria Hospital,

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TODAY received the news that former President France Albert Rene passed away at 00:20hrs today at the Victoria Hospital, Empty TODAY received the news that former President France Albert Rene passed away at 00:20hrs today at the Victoria Hospital,

Post  Sirop14 Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:24 am

BREAKING NEWS:

TODAY received the news that former President France Albert Rene passed away at 00:20hrs today at the Victoria Hospital, TODAY expresses its condolences to his wife and children.

TODAY will keep you updated as further information is released.

Comment -

Today in Seychelles A TRIBUTE TO PRESIDENT FRANCE ALBERT RENE
BY JAMES A MICHEL
FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SEYCHELLES
"An icon of the Seychellois nation has passed away today, 27th February 2019.
A foremost son of Seychelles is no longer with us. An era has passed.
I join his family and the people of Seychelles in grieving the death of President France Albert René. His demise leaves a great void amongst us.
France Albert René was my mentor, my tutor and my inspiration. To him I owe my political career and experience. His were the hands that guided me through many tumultuous years and helped me surmount countless obstacles. He gave me confidence and faith in myself. He helped forge my principles and beliefs to which I have remained true and faithful to this day.
To quote a great and accomplished man of the 17th century, enshrined in History, "If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants". Giants such as France Albert René.
France Albert René was an indomitable fighter. He believed in a society of social justice, of equality, of access to health, housing and education. He fought tirelessly against bigotry, racial division and hatred.
In the process, and throughout his work and presidency, he touched everyone of us – in one way or another. Acclaimed by many –including those far beyond the shores of our homeland – and reviled by some, France Albert René left no one indifferent to the man he was and to the principles he advocated. Principles which are at the core of human values and rights.
Regardless of one’s feelings towards him, his achievements far outweighed any shortcomings that, as any human being, he may have had.
France Albert René will be remembered as one of the founding fathers of the First Republic and the architect of the Second and Third Republic. In this regard, he will live on in our memories.
His lasting legacy will be that of a freedom fighter and a liberator. A compassionate and simple man, who shunned publicity, he fought passionately for the Independence of Seychelles and thereafter for our Liberation from the last vestiges of colonialism. He believed firmly in the unity of our brothers and sisters on the African continent, and in the universality of humankind. He never tired or failed to advocate those principles. And he gained the respect and admiration of many.
History will judge him fairly and the Seychellois people will judge him right.
In this hour of national grief, let us pay our respects to this towering figure of our modern history and mourn him in peace and reverence.
I offer my deepest condolences to the family of President France Albert René and all their loved ones and pray that they be granted the courage to surmount their great loss."

Today in Seychelles The leader of ' Lalyans Seselwa' Patrick Pillay expresses on his personal behalf and on behalf of the NEC ( National Executive Committee ) and supporters of LS sincere condolences to the family of the late President Rene; to the leadership of the ' United Seychelles' Party; to all US supporters and to one and all touched by the demise of the late President Rene.
“I had the opportunity to work directly under the stewardship and guidance of President Rene for more than a decade and I can safely say that Mr. Rene was a visionary, a strong and disciplined leader; whose governance and rule with a firm hand to take our country to greater heights earned him the respect of many. Although I hail from a family whose parents were staunch supporters of the late President Mancham and not President Réne and also the fact that from 1977 to 1992 I was not a member of the SPPF; did not deter President Réné from appointing me as Director of the Polytechnic ( 1986); first Chairman of the Board of the newly created Seychelles Broadcasting Corporation (1992 ) and Minister of Education and Culture ( 1993) in his Cabinet. President Rene recognized talent and credited with merit those professionals who he felt could meaningfully contribute to the development and progress of the country.
By his own admission (on more than one occasion publicly), he was not a saint. Like all men he made mistakes, some allegedly very serious ones which have unfortunately aggrieved some of our population.
While we sincerely respect the sentiments of those who have suffered under his rule, Lalyans Seselwa and I firmly believe that apart from those errors of judgment and practices; he contributed immeasurably to the development of our small island state.
Lalyans Seselwa and I also believe that the passing of President Rene provides us with the opportunity for forgiveness and healing. Seychelles can only progress to the next level if we concentrate our efforts on the future of Seychelles and on uniting our people where love and harmony reigns supreme. May his soul rest in peace. "

Comment -

Alexander JD *its

Myra Antat Kilindo Rip deepest condolences to the family

Albert Alvis Condolences to the Rene family.

Gunasekaran Ramasamy RIP. My condolences to his family member.

David Malale My condolences. May His Soul Rest in peace

Khim Khatri Condolences to the families

Daniella Tirant RIP MR FRANCE ALBERT RENE

Maxina Collins Condolences to the family

Muruganathan Velumani RIP

Rajesh Pandya May his soul rest in peace...

Lia Lucas My condolences 2 the families.

Steven Bonnelame-Michaud RIP

Nirajan Jung Rana rest in peace

Syed Kalbe Naqi RIP

Kaptaijon Samouei SeMusiya Rest in Peace

Subramaniyan P Pillay RIP

Mubashir Agha Khan RIP

Tessie Unabia Condolence

Last edited by Sirop14 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

TODAY received the news that former President France Albert Rene passed away at 00:20hrs today at the Victoria Hospital, Empty Re: TODAY received the news that former President France Albert Rene passed away at 00:20hrs today at the Victoria Hospital,

Post  Sirop14 Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:34 am

Veronique Adeline
5 hrs ·
You have save our nation in poverty, you gave Seychellois people it's dignity and pride, you work tireless to build this nation which you have been so proud of, and yes your last word to me when I visited you at the hospital was Continue to be a Good Person. RIP my Hero you will stay in my heart for eternity. My Deepest Sympathy to his family
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155943884486674&set=pcb.10155943884796674&type=3&theater

Comment-

Oscar Constance Rest in peace hero

Ramia Nicolas Rip he is a hero

Maria Celestine Rest in peace Mr. President

Lazenes Lepep Bsa Napa enn ankor ki Pu fer SA ki in fer😭😭😭😭

Nichol J Course TO our hero, RIP Ti fran

Jeanne Marie Fatima Rest in peace papa.i surely miss all your help during your day as president.

Anna Simone Lespoir Rest in peace

Jerina Esther RIP Mr. FAR

Georges Hibon-Payet Ethève Vero.He is now at peace

Serge Lablache RIp uncle Albert

Lucia Payet Rest in peace papa😥😪😪

Marie Alcindor

Zelda Stravens Rest in peace

Jenette Julienne Yes Vero tell them

Zaquia Fatima Deepest sympathy RIP Mr Rene gone physically but alive spiritually with our heavenly father

Mariefrance Bristol May your soul rest in peace president...my deepest sympathy to all his family...

Mary Azemia RIP Mr Rene condolences to the family

Khris Gappy Rest in peace mr president n deepest sympathy to the family...

Manuella P Jupiter Rip mr rene

Noella Pool RIP

Judy Benstrong Rest in peace papa u will be in our hearts always😥😥

Nathanielle Marie r.i.p.Hero born 16 November same date like me.will be remember always.

Lorna Ladouce A hero, a true architect, forever loved

Claudine Dupouy Savy Deepest Sympathy, You have been a Strong Believer and always fought for his views and always been thankful to him and he must have been Proud of You

Tessa Benoit RIP Mr President

Gretel Marie Rip my deepest sympathy to his family.

Geva Azemia Sympathy to the family. He was truly a good president

Michelle Ah-Kong May u rest in eternal peace Mr President and thank you for all that you have done for seychelles

Frankline Nadine Judith Ah-kong Napa enn ankor ki Pu fer SA ki in fer😭😭😭😭

Shirley Alfaraj Deepest sympathy to the family. Rest in peace

Rolly Mancienne Gone but not forgotten.
The Father Of Modern Seychelles.

Edwige Barbe Mary Rip Mr Rene

Tania Arrisol Elsia R.I.p Mr rene

Marybeth Labiche Rest In Peace Mr President

Sud Stephen RIP Presidert Rene..you will alway be remembered among this Nation that you build.

Judy Savy Rest In Peace My Ex President France Albert Rene my deepest sympathy to his family🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Babs Haertter Desnousse Rest In Peace

Ruth Cupidon Moore RIP Mr President Rene You will truly miss 😢

Nadia Radegonde Deepest family to the family

Fleurange Fred Deepest sympathy to the family. Rest in peace

Cilla Kinloch R.I.P Mr President

Jeline Pool RIP MR PRESIDENT

Vanessa Louis Rip mr president

Judy Savy RIP uncle Albert🙏🏽🙏🏽

Julien Lesperance RIP President Rene You've done too much great thing for the people of Seychelles.

Patrick Gerry Rest in peace President France Albert Rene!!

Doreen Jules RIP Mr President Rene you'll be always in our heart

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

TODAY received the news that former President France Albert Rene passed away at 00:20hrs today at the Victoria Hospital, Empty Re: TODAY received the news that former President France Albert Rene passed away at 00:20hrs today at the Victoria Hospital,

Post  Sirop14 Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:59 am

Mesaz Prezidan Larepiblik Sesel, Msye Danny Faure swivan lanmor ansyen Prezidan Larepiblik Sesel Msye France Albert Rene
Wed, 27 February 2019

280K 265K 3130
Konpatriot,
Ser ek Frer Seselwa,

Se avek en leker lour ki mon enform zot ki ansyen Prezidan France Albert Rene in kit nou. Prezidan Rene in kit nou ozordi gran maten.

Lo lapar Governman, lo mon non personel e lapar mon fanmir, mon prezant nou profon kondoleans son fanmir e tou son pros.

Nou tou nou konn travay ki Prezidan Rene inn fer pour Sesel. Lalit ki in dirize pour Lendepandans e pour transformasyon Sesel pour benefis tou Seselwa. Pour Seselwa reganny son dignite, pour legalite loportinite, pour lazistis sosyal. I ti en vre patriyot avek en lanmour profon pour son pei ek son pep – pour zanfan, zenn, travayer e dimoun aze. I ti ankouraz Seselwa pou forz son lidantite e pou viv e selebre son kiltir.

I ti kree labaz pour Seselwa debout fyer akote lezot nasyon dan lemonn. Sete li, vreman, arsitek Sesel modern.

Ansanm avek lepep Seselwa, mon salye Prezidan France Albert Rene pour son travay.

An sinny respe, drapo nasyonal pou anbern apartir ozordi ziska zour servis finerer.
http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=4316

BREAKING NEWS - In memory of former President France Albert René

27-February-2019
Born: November 16, 1935 … Died: February 27, 2019

Former President France Albert René passes away
Seychelles former and second President, France Albert René passed away early this morning at the Seychelles Hospital following a long illness.

Born on November 16, 1935, France Albert René was 83 years old. He became President on June 5, 1977 following a coup d’Etat.

In a televised message this morning, President Danny Faure said it was with a heavy heart that he announced the passing of President René and praised him as "a patriot and humble servant."

President Faure also described Mr René as the “architect of the Seychellois nation” and added that “he served the country bringing radical socio-economic development and changes”.

President Faure has also ordered Seychelles flags to be flown at half-staff until the day of his funeral.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262448

Former president France Albert Rene passed away at 83 years old (BREAKING NEWS)
Victoria, Seychelles | February 27, 2019, Wednesday @ 07:03 in National » GENERAL | By: Betymie Bonnelame | Views: 1517
(Seychelles News Agency) - Seychelles’ former President France Albert Rene passed away on Wednesday morning at the Seychelles Hospital. He was 83 years old.

Rene who held office from 1977 until he retired in 2004, took over power following a coup d’état in June 5, 1977. James Mancham who was President of the island nation at that time was forced into exile.

In his message of condolence, the Seychelles' President Danny Faure described former President René as the modern day architect of Seychelles.

The flags of the Seychelles' archipelago in the western Indian Ocean will be at half-mast until the funeral of former President René.
http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/10569/Former+president+France+Albert+Rene+passed+away+at++years+old+BREAKING+NEWS

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:14 am

Our condolences to the family of President René. May his soul rest in peace.
‎Jeannine Chung-Faye‎ to Past Seychelles Health Workers

HISTORY WILL BE HIS JUDGE
‎Paul B Chow‎ to One Seychelles
42 mins ·
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2183377221727200&set=gm.1085214165021224&type=3&theater

My sincere condolences to all the family.
Gary Tall‎ to Breaking News
3 hrs ·
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213896779160432&set=gm.2147470241957362&type=3&theater

Toya Sesel‎ to Seychelles gossip corner
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=331594757472119&set=gm.3054282731256449&type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 am

‎Liza Pool‎ to Breaking News
6 hrs ·
Rip mr rene, our symphathy to the family. It so sad to to hear that bad news. U was a good person and always have a good heart to people in seychelles.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2200071046698915&set=gm.2147296471974739&type=3&theater

Andrew Danny Dorothe‎ to Breaking News
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.derothe.9/videos/613064549144473/

‎Ray Kat‎ to Seychelles gossip corner
Comment -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/710749588943120/permalink/3054521807899208/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Gillian Jean-Louis‎ to Seychelles gossip corner
8 hrs ·
Condolences to the family and people's of Seychelles. R.I.P. F.A.R.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/710749588943120/permalink/3054216277929761/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Jayes Babadi‎ to Seychelles gossip corner
4 hrs ·
Good moring all I just saw the post the passing away of Mr Rene.which so sad let us put our glory 2gether n let him go in peace I no some of u family are hurt 4 what he did in da past some of u are happy his gone but come on it's in da past he had his bad moments alist 4 his firing wish let's 4give hime n let him go in peace..
Thanx 2 him we reach this far in Seychelles free education free medical service equal rights etc... cause of his hard work n devotion... let's 4give him n say thank u...

Mr Rene R.i.p sir I salute u..
https://www.facebook.com/groups/710749588943120/permalink/3054493707902018/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

‎Beryl Young Dodin‎ to Breaking News
3 hrs ·
Nou pas nou senser kondoleans avek lafanmir Prezidan Rene, zanmi pros e tou dimoun ki pe santi li touse par Lanmor ansyen Prezidan Rene.Nou mazin osi tou bann fanmir kin perdi enn zot pros sa lannen e ki Bondye i ava avek zot dan sa monman dey.Nou pou mazin zot dan nou lapriyer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kosteseselwa/permalink/2147487531955633/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:49 am

‎Egbert Monthy‎ to Breaking News
34 mins ·
The Nation turns another page in its history!

We may have strong feelings about the Man!

We may agree or disagree with the politics he engineered, and pushed the nation through, from June 1977 to April 2004, and his successors more or less uphold, today.

In time we will have an unbiased account of the merit to be accorded to the 2nd President of the nation. Our history books will then speak freely of the rights and wrongs of his terms of office and how these perverted our nation or modernised it. He will be Dictator or Architect or a cross of something in between.
His passing has now deprived the nation of the single most important contributor towards Truth, Reconciliation and National Unity.
The national history book will perhaps have a blank page for the cruel absence of the least gesture of atonement towards the wrongs and sufferings visited upon the heads of those who were publicly dubbed as enemies of the nation. The blank page shall also be for the policies under his rule that forced innocent children of the nation into exile, while others were made to disappear or pay the ultimate price, for merely seeking to exercise the inalienable rights to the freedom we had before 5th June 1977 and that we have, of late (15 lo 10 helping), started to enjoy again and sometimes, freely abuse!

In the meantime, regardless of how we may feel about the man, let us put aside our partisan politics and retain our humanity in the face of one of ours facing his turn on Life’s immutable recycler, and grant him the respect due, as we would to any other, on the way into the void of eternity.

Let us also be mindful that respect is due to the Office he once held, and for which we aim, come 2020.
Not to be respectful to that office can only mean that we are no different to the one who betrayed the nation in 1977.

Not to be respectful to that office can only mean that we do not deserve it!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kosteseselwa/permalink/2147634911940895/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

‎Uzice Andre‎ to Breaking News
11 hrs ·
Rene has died without showing any remorse for the loved ones he brutally took, that's the saddest part of this day for our nation. We are all equal, loved and deserve the same basic human rights!!#
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kosteseselwa/permalink/2147050081999378/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

SBC Seychelles
http://media.sbc.sc/ftproot/Television/News/2019-02-27%20TV-1230PM-News.mp4

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:55 pm

State Funeral for former President René
Wed, 27 February 2019

280K  265K  3132
The Office of the President has announced that former President France Albert René will receive a State Funeral. The funeral service will be held on Thursday 7 March 2019.

The President of the Republic has declared 7 March 2019 a National Day of Mourning. The details of the funeral service will be released shortly.

View all news
http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=4317&fbclid=IwAR3RnPLbtrF40sye_mbKX_2vK2prBNDAdE0oFigu_I42o9ncKnyQRAszVUE

SBC News 27/02/19
http://media.sbc.sc/ftproot/Television/News/2019-02-27%20TV-8PM-News%20(2).mp4

Pascalina Moncherry‎ to Breaking News
https://www.facebook.com/leker.danleker.5/videos/725072254561127/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 am

Albert René, president of the Seychelles, who tried to turn his islands into a socialist paradise and fought off a coup attempt led by ‘Mad Mike’ Hoare – obituary
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2019/02/27/france-albert-rene-president-seychelles-kept-iron-grip-archipelago/
#

Ex-president of Seychelles Rene dies | News24
https://www.news24.com/Africa/News/ex-president-of-seychelles-rene-dies-20190227
14 hours ago - Former president of Seychelles France-Albert Rene, who seized power in a coup and ... Former Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe has turned 95. .... This island haven floating not far off of the coast of East Africa is known for its warm ... Rene also had to face down coup attempt against his own rule.

Former President of Seychelles, France-Albert Rene, dies aged 83 ...
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/.../former-president-of-seychelles-france-albert-ren...
4 hours ago - The former president of the Seychelles and once the longest serving head of state in the Commonwealth, France Albert René, has died at the age of 83 at his home on the island of Mahe.
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/1687672/former-president-of-seychelles-france-albert-rene-dies-aged-83/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:40 pm

Former President France Albert René passes away, state funeral on March 7

28-February-2019
Seychelles in mourning
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262491

Former President France Albert René – November 16, 1935 … February 27, 2019

28-February-2019
An icon passes away
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262488

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Entervyou avek Prezidan Parti United Seychelles (US)

28-February-2019
Lanmor Prezidan René i en gran pert pour Sesel

● Parti US i ouver liv kondoleans
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262487

Message from LDS leader Roger Mancienne

28-February-2019
France Albert René’s role in the history of our country is well-known to every Seychellois and to the world

“LDS (Linyon Demokratik Seselwa) expresses its respect on the passing away of former President France Albert René.

“Mr René’s role in the history of our country is well-known to every Seychellois and to the world. His passing away closes a chapter in this history and it will be for historians to define his legacy.

“Mr René’s leadership of the country and his work will be viewed differently by Seychellois according to their personal experiences. But at this moment, we put political differences aside and honour the values that we wish to live by and by which we wish our country to be guided, which include national reconciliation and unity.

“LDS expresses its condolences to members of his family, political colleagues and supporters.”

On behalf of LDS,

Roger Mancienne

Party Leader

Message from leader of Lalyans Seselwa Patrick Pillay

28-February-2019
‘Mr René was a visionary, a strong and disciplined leader’
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262483

Message from Leader of the Opposition Wavel Ramkalawan

28-February-2019
France Albert René’s passing marks the end of another era in the political history of Seychelles
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262482

Drapeau en berne

28-February-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262481

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:09 pm

Seselwa i reakte lo lanmor ansyen Prezidan René

28-February-2019
Swivan lanmor ansyen Prezidan France Albert René ki ti arive yer granmaten, bokou dimoun ti eksprim zot reaksyon e lemosyon, partikilyerman lo rezo sosyal.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262480

Quotes of former President France Albert René

28-February-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262479

France Albert René

28-February-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262478

A tribute to President France Albert Rene by former President James A Michel

28-February-2019
France Albert René’s demise leaves a great void amongst us
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262476

Voyaz mon lavi, Voyaz mon pei
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262475

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:52 pm

Dimoun i rann omaz defen Prezidan Albert Rene

01-March-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262507

AU Commission chairperson pays tribute to former President France Albert René

01-March-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262501

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:59 pm

State Funeral for Former President France Albert René

Following the passing of the Former President of the Republic, Mr France Albert René, on Wednesday 27 February, a State Funeral will be held on Thursday 7 March 2019. The Office of the President has announced the following details of events on the day:

From 0730, President René will lie at State House where his family and invited guests, including the Cabinet of Ministers and members of the Diplomatic Corps, will be able to pay their respects to him.

From 0930 to 1400, President René will lie in state at Stad Popiler in Victoria for members of the public to pay their last respects.

At 1430, there will be an inter-faith service at the same location, followed by a burial service at the Mont Fleuri Cemetery.

Books of Condolences are open from today Saturday 2 March 2019 at the Mayor’s Office on State House Avenue, the District Administration Offices at Anse Aux Pins, Anse Royale, Baie Lazare, and Glacis on Mahe, at Baie Ste Anne and Grand Anse on Praslin, and on La Digue. On the day of the State Funeral, Books of Condolences will also be available for signing at the stadium.

Thursday 7 March 2019 has been declared a National Day of Mourning and a public holiday by the President of the Republic, Mr Danny Faure.
https://www.facebook.com/StateHouseSey/photos/a.1196972993703983/2160588470675759/?type=3&theater

ANNOUNCEMENT
Locations for the signing of the Book of Condolences for the Late Former President France Albert Rene.
https://www.facebook.com/StateHouseSey/photos/a.1196972993703983/2159140787487194/?type=3&theater

China's Xi extends condolences over death of Seychelles' former ...
www.xinhuanet.com/english/africa/2019-03/01/c_137861196.htm
1 day ago - BEIJING, March 1 (Xinhua) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Friday sent ... Xi expressed profound condolences over the passing of Rene and ...
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/africa/2019-03/01/c_137861196.htm

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Prezidan Faure i rann omaz ansyen Prezidan René

04-March-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262542

State funeral of former President Albert Rene

04-March-2019
Final wishes granted

Mrs Moustache-Belle giving details of the state funeralFormer President Albert René will be laid to rest in the Mont Fleuri cemetery in accordance with his final wishes, State House has announced.

The details of the state funeral, which is to be held on Thursday March 7, was revealed to the press on Saturday.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262541

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:07 am

La en lot ankor Roge Macienne ek ou tim bakaylo dn lasanble.ek zt politik bomarse Swselwa pe.get zt ek lizye gran ouver zt kwar zt pe sey kouyon sa pep be non pa pu mars ankor sa.Seselwa la laprev la zour lanterman Prezidan Mancham lasosiasyon marsan ti demande ki tou laboutik I fermen sa zour e Prezidan Rene in gny menm tretman. E I merite akz in menm tro bokou pu sa pep Pa bliye zt bn gran lagel kin fatige ouver pu dir ki Prezidan Rene in gat sa pep

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155956057926674&set=pcb.10155956058026674&type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:19 pm

Tribute by former President James Michel to the late former President France Albert René

05-March-2019
‘President René was my mentor and guided me in my political career’
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262556

Tribute to former President France Albert Rene (Nov. 16, 1935 – Feb. 27, 2019)

05-March-2019
An eternal flame
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262549

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Former President France Albert René (November 16, 1935 – February 27, 2019)

06-March-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262575

Former President James Michel pays tribute to predecessor France Albert René

06-March-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262574

Funérailles de l’ancien Président France Albert René

06-March-2019
Le Président par intérim de Maurice, Barlen Vyapoory, aux Seychelles pour les funérailles
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262573

Death of former President France Albert Rene

06-March-2019
Condolence messages
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262571

Lapolis i anons laranzman trafik pour lanterman ansyen Prezidan René

06-March-2019
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262572

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:39 am

SBC SEYCHELLES - Former President France Albert Rene - Funeral Procession to State House
https://youtu.be/m3FQ36WcuH4

SBC SEYCHELLES - Former President France Albert Réné – Lying in State
https://youtu.be/kRRH2yu_ouk

Former President France Albert Rene - Funeral Service from Stade Populaire
https://youtu.be/RcjRyDS3Fzc

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:54 pm

It is estimated that only 2,000 attended the funeral at Victoria Stadium; being a 1,000 on the stands and another 1,000 under the tents. A very very disappointing turn-out when compared to LDS Gordon Square crowd was 18,000!

Sarah in her eulogy described Albert as a peaceful man who would not even raise his voice to a dog, but she elaborated that however, once Albert wanted to KALOT (slap) one of her daughters... the intention is a TOTAL CONTRADICTORY.

She started very well by telling a potpourri of fake stories to describe Tifrance as a real Bon dumounn then made that KALOT slip which exposed her dishonesty live on national TV.

She went on to make a fake description that Albert never killed one single Seselwa, never harboured hatred for no-one and neither inflict malice on no-one

Well Mr president what a fine example of your government’s state of affairs!!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1167064923474792&set=gm.1052734411578324&type=3&theater

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Seychelles' longest-serving president, France Albert Rene, is laid to rest during state funeral
Victoria, Seychelles | March 7, 2019, Thursday @ 18:43 in National » GENERAL | By: Patsy Athanase Edited by: Betymie Bonnelame | Views: 2260
http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/10614/Seychelles%27+longest-serving+president%2C+France+Albert+Rene%2C+is+laid+to+rest+during+state+funeral

L’ancien Président France Albert René 16 novembre 1935 – 27 février 2019

Adieu Capitaine ! Jeudi 7 mars 2019, une date qui restera longtemps dans le cœur des Seychellois. La population entière a témoigné à cet hommage vibrant rendu à l’ancien Président... Read More
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262595

Mourners pay final respects to former President Rene
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262594

Large crowd accompany former President Rene’s casket to State House and Stad Popiler
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262593

President France Albert Rene - Letter from his daughters
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262592

Former President France Albert René’s funeral ceremony in photos
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262591

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:46 pm

Former President France Albert Rene (November 16, 1935 – February 27, 2019)
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262604

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:55 pm

Hommage à un géant des Seychelles France-Albert René
15 Mar 2019 16h2977

France-Albert René fait partie, avec Paul Vergès, des dirigeants politiques historiques de gauche de grande stature qui ont marqué l’Histoire politique de la région océan Indien. Faut dire que le triumvirat Paul Vergès du Parti Communiste Réunionnais, Albert René avec son Seychelles People’s United Party et Paul Bérenger du Mouvement Militant Mauricien de la période marxiste-léniniste révolue et effacée, provoqua dans le monde bipolaire du temps de la Guerre froide, l’hystérie, les crises d’insomnie et la peur pathologique des chancelleries occidentales de voir basculer nos pays et l’océan Indien dans le camp soviétique. Alors que la République Démocratique de Madagascar du président Didier Ratsiraka, que les Occidentaux étoufferont économiquement, était déjà un allié de l’URSS
https://www.lemauricien.com/article/hommage-a-un-geant-des-seychelles-france-albert-rene/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Former President Rene: A champion for Seychelles’ Unesco World Heritage sites

19-March-2019
Upon hearing the news of former President Albert René’s passing, it is worth reflecting on his contribution to the conservation of Seychelles’ Unesco World Heritage sites – the Aldabra Atoll and the Vallée de Mai.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262718

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Legal community honours former attorney France Albert René

03-April-2019

Senior Counsel Kieran Shah has described Mr René as a “maverick” with multiple talents who could do politics, law and other matters

Dignitaries, members of the local legal community and family members yesterday morning attended a ceremonial sitting of the Supreme Court in memory of the late France Albert René, a former attorney of the Bar.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=262939

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue May 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Memorial services mark three months since former President Rene’s passing

28-May-2019
The family of former President France Albert Rene organised a series of memorial services yesterday to mark three months after his passing on February 27 this year.

Family members, friends and supporters of Mr Rene attended the first service held at the St Paul’s Cathedral during lunch hour.

This service was presided by Reverend Willy William and Reverend Brian Volcère.

Addressing all those gathered to remember the former head of State, Reverend William noted that while we remember Mr Rene and all he has done for his country and his people, we also remember all our brothers and sisters who have departed from this life and their mourning families.

“While their families still mourn their loss and muster courage and strength to cope with their absence, we also take time to reflect on and continue to celebrate their lives with the hope that one day we will see them again,” Reverend William reflected.

For his part Reverend Volcère in his sermon noted that while the families and friends still mourn their loved ones, we should all rejoice when thinking of the resurrection, of the life that awaits us with Jesus after death.

“With Jesus there is another life after death. I am the resurrection and the life those who believe in me will never die,” Reverend Volcère reflected on the words of the scriptures.

He called on everyone present to live a good life and prepare our heart and ourselves by doing good so that when the time for us to leave this life comes we are ready to take our place beside our father and creator.

He expressed special prayers for former President Rene and his family and thanked everyone who had come in solidarity with the family of the deceased.

Another memorial service was organised at the National Bahá’í Centre at Bel Air. The ceremony was attended by family members and friends from all religions. Addressing those who had braved the bad weather to be present, Mr Rene’s widow, Sarah Zarqani Rene thanked everyone for their presence and talked about her deceased husband.

She also read a message from the Universal House of Justice which states: “We were saddened by the news of the passing of the honoured former President of Seychelles France Albert René, whose contributions to promoting the development of your country over his long decades of public service have left an indelible mark on the history of your island nation.”

Mrs Rene noted that we “need love and fellowship and that’s what our mission on this earth is”.

The ceremony included prayers, reading from the Holy Writings and chants by the choir Voices of Baha, all in a devotional atmosphere.

Another ceremony took place last night at the Hindu temple while the one at the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception was postponed.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=263673

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next