Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE IRONY OF HISTORY

Go down

THE IRONY OF HISTORY Empty THE IRONY OF HISTORY

Post  Sirop14 Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:24 pm

Paul B Chow
7h ·
THE IRONY OF HISTORY
In late 1972 when Mancham called on me at my residence in La Reunion where I was attending University he told me he would be calling for Independence, which would be a complete reversal of his policy of integration with Britain in the manner of the Channel Islands which he had been pushing since he started in politics in 1963, I asked him why. He said in his last trip to Great Britain the then Conservative Prime Minister Edward Heath had told him categorically that integration was a none starter for us since for Britain it would mean a path to full citizenship for 5 million Hong Kong Chinese who don't want to live under the Chinese Communist Party, if Britain returned Hong Kong to China's sovereignty. It appears that the terms of returning Hong Kong to China negotiated by Mrs Margaret Thatcher in 1983 included a path to citizenship for these very people if China abrogated the one country 2 systems treaty that allowed Hong Kong to keep its legal and political traditions it enjoyed under the British for 50 years.

Britain opens visa scheme for millions of Hong Kongers
http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/14275/Britain+opens+visa+scheme+for+millions+of+Hong+Kongers?fbclid=IwAR2MWjw_KLu8UsqB6gjxx0rFW7n88VnB7LLtu7lQS3ddRN29eS2CNeo5JHU

Sirop14

Back to top Go down