Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away

Go down

Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away Empty Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away

Post  Sirop14 Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:56 am

President sends message of condolence
Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away Image13415

President James Michel has sent a message of condolences following the passing away of Mrs Flavie Jackson, a former head of the culture division.

Mrs Jackson, who at the time of her death was chairperson of the Seychelles Bible Society,The late Mrs Jackson died yesterday morning after a short illness. She was 75.

The full text of President Michel’s message reads:

“It is with deep sorrow that we have learnt of the passing away of Mrs Flavie Jackson, one of the distinguished daughters of our nation.

“Mrs Jackson contributed greatly to the moral and spiritual uplift of our people. As head of the national library service she promoted reading and literature among the Seychellois population. It was also during her time as head of the culture division that she played an important role in the preservation and enhancement of the arts and our cultural heritage.

“She continued to lead an active life even after her retirement from the civil service.
She devoted the rest of her life to religious work, and promoting bible studies.

“I had the privilege of working with Mrs Jackson who always gave the best of herself to serve our country well.

“She led an exemplary family life, was much loved and respected by all those who knew her.
“In this moment of grief and mourning, the government and people of Seychelles, and my family join me in expressing our heartfelt sympathies and deepest condolences to the Jackson family.”

The funeral service of Mrs Jackson will take place on Sunday September 7 at the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down