Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away

Go down

Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away Empty Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away

Post  Sirop14 Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:03 pm

President sends message of condolence

President James Michel has sent a message of condolences following the passing away of Mrs Flavie Jackson, a former head of the culture division.

Mrs Jackson, who at the time of her death was chairperson of the Seychelles Bible Society,The late Mrs Jackson died yesterday morning after a short illness. She was 75.

The full text of President Michel’s message reads:

“It is with deep sorrow that we have learnt of the passing away of Mrs Flavie Jackson, one of the distinguished daughters of our nation.

“Mrs Jackson contributed greatly to the moral and spiritual uplift of our people. As head of the national library service she promoted reading and literature among the Seychellois population. It was also during her time as head of the culture division that she played an important role in the preservation and enhancement of the arts and our cultural heritage.

“She continued to lead an active life even after her retirement from the civil service.
She devoted the rest of her life to religious work, and promoting bible studies.

“I had the privilege of working with Mrs Jackson who always gave the best of herself to serve our country well.

“She led an exemplary family life, was much loved and respected by all those who knew her.
“In this moment of grief and mourning, the government and people of Seychelles, and my family join me in expressing our heartfelt sympathies and deepest condolences to the Jackson family.”

The funeral service of Mrs Jackson will take place on Sunday September 7 at the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away Image13415

Last edited by Sirop14 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away Empty Re: Mrs Flavie Jackson passes away

Post  Sirop14 Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Tribute to Mrs Falvie Jackson nee – Miss Adeline passed away 1/09/08

Since the historic changing of Sechelles – Seychelles 1991, from a one party state to multi party beside the pleasant – market oriented – promotional article about the nicer side of the Seychelles native, nation and people for money, big money.

From the sobers analyst of human society, functionality, values, social practices a very great deal of very negative article, material about the Seychelles people, nation have been building up is being publish on the greater world communication media system – why this state of things. The very vast percentage of us who believe just because we have embraced multi party and a liberated economy suddenly we have become great humans – forgetting those civilizations, national and people who have been fighting and struggling with the painful process of becoming real human for the past hundreds and thousands of years.

Just to give example the four articles in Seychelles Weekly 22nd August edition on Democracy and the role of the Court – Judiciary in Seychelles. Including the article in Seychelles nation 4/09/08 on NGO civil society training, role and contribution in not just Seychelles the world society.

What has this got to do the relevancy with Mrs Falvie Jackson Tribute beside her very enormous involvement in some of these issues and field since the family came to Seychelles from Kenya some 50 years ago – will appreciate correction..

Last week before her death, we had written a number of threads publish on some of the Seychelles community forums questioning the issues of education – President JA Michel underlying the emphasis, values and role of education. What we had not state – said and questioned openly. Those who are currently advocating “full steam ahead of educating” the current Seychelles nation, from conception, as infants, children, youth, adult, families, senior and elderly – including our handicap. When the decision to be rid and get rid of those Seychelles many families whose ancestors had toiled, died, served to build a model nation – they were ruthlessly forced out, their property confiscated, their way of life eradicated, what they represented in term of values the same values the government are spending million – much of our GDP to reeducate the current populace and the nation. In their places those, what have come to replace them – what they are trying to replace. We cannot over look such very important national and historic issues if we are to write a half respectable tribute to Mrs Falvie Jackson.

In spit of the world practice vis a vis woman, other leading Seychelles – national woman , mothers and female. The Seychellois male – man tendency to be a very unique tropical wild pig, we do not have those species in Seychelles and have to invent then. We do not even get to eat them.
The reasons and explanation Seychelles men have become what they are.

Both the debacle and issues of our state as human on this earth and the issues of education being pursued vigorously by the SPPF government – Seychelles government influenced our motives for writing this Tribute.

OH – IN MAURITIUS, REUNION, MADAGASCAR AND INDEED COMOR – the quality of their written media which would have not necessitate writing a tribute then to have it publish on forums and blogs. In the greater world, EU there would have been TV interviews and such discussions.

As a youth growing up in 1950 in Seychelles when we first came across her, she was then a young mother with her two children “Francois” and “ Tiki” our parents were in East Africa, Uganda, Kenya, Tanganyika and Zanzibar - two uncles and other relatives and friends of the family. Then there were other family relative we went to the same very pleasant SDA Mission school at Bel Air, out Teachers, Head Mistress and the parents. In Seychelles the only SDA Church then was the small church/chapel next to the Hunt and Deltel old Office, the Valabjhi next door, the Berlouis, the Delpech motor garage, Marcel Zatt family, the Rouillion family and many other on the same road, the Le Seychellois of Mr De Commarmond, the Frichot family, the old Sharky hotel/restaurant, the police station and ULC building down the road. The church of England on the same street – the many families and friends who belonged to the Church of england – the feud and competitions. The hot and coldness of family relation ship. This was the Mrs Flavie Jackson we first recall and family. Husband Bill Jackson. Later we got to know some more interesting families and individuals for East Africa, the late Seychelles Ambassador John Mascaranas, the Pillay family, former Minister Esmee Jumeau, the Monchougy family, the Ernestine family- the husband of ex Mininister Silvette Pool, Mr Gilbert Morgan among others.

We had to leave Seychelles to rejoin our family and go to school in East Africa. Even there those who recall and knew the very many Seychellois families be they in Kenya, Uganda, Congo or Tanganyika or Zanzibar the exchange of news, wishes and general concern.

Fate decide we were not to finish our education in East Africa and return to Seychelles, because she understood very many important issues about the family values, tradition of our ancestors – the genuineness or her concern for my younger siblings when we returned to Seychelles.

I had to finish /try and finish my education which had gone pear shape/messed up because of my return to Seychelles – my attempt to study by correspondence “O” level/GCSE and later part “A level” At Seychelles college as an external student.

She was employed as a senior staff of the Old Victoria/National library – I/we enjoyed reading – including history, philosophy, the opportunities we go to talk and exchange polite issues and advices. The life of road is very unique and many of our ancestors before had to travel and cross some of the bridges and confront some of the issues. We/ I wish to avail of this opportunity to state something for all it is worth given the notion of values in Seychelles today. The fact that I became a very good young farmer in Seychelles, my interest in humanitarians, philanthropic and archaic issues is greatly due/ rather must not be underestimated by individuals like Mrs Flavie Jackson. Her work and responsibilities. Equally the like of the late Mrs Gabut Chanel Houreau – nee Larue who passed away recently in South Africa – the former Head of the Primary school, at Seychelles college.

Even during some of the troubling moment/experience of our youth she belong to those great Seychellois woman, mothers who stood by us, advice us when ask or necessary. Later as I/we got married, became a father, last a child, move away from faith and belief. Our work at the building coral strand Hotel and Casurina Hill Development. Later my own attempt at business, hotel attempts, leading to my divorce and separation from my daughter. Most important when my second wife and child came form Austria – unlike Sir James Mancham, most of the Ministers/ his ministers and the Mancham family establishment. Their open resentment -in her wisdom and better judgment she understood other wise. With the support of her husband. There were many very nasty and ugly issues which compelled/led us to go into exile. She was the few who stood by us.

Those who had wanted/wish I had become a priest instead my work and involvement in the Interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary management science. The motivating factors that led us to play the role we did in Exile , beside many involvement in voluntary, NGO, contribution to salvaging aspects and what left of our ancestral culture and values. - The Seychelles EU connection Portal project among others.

Beside her unique involvement in the SPUP – later SPPF government and building of the many Seychelles institutions whilst we are in exile. She belong to the unique and few Seychellois woman who contributed and impacted our work and life and interest for Seychelles. As such we informed – let those we trusted know what contributions she had been in our life and the European be they Austrian, Italian or French responded differently – positively to this.

Those SDA folks as they are known in the USA, Canada, and Britain are a some what unique where others would take and spend a great deal of time writing about their achievements and work - they do not believe in such values and practices. We do trust somebody from the greater Seychelles public will take the time and written something about the life of Mrs Falvie Jackson. “Their saying do not brag about your light let you light shine for other to see instead of leading them to darkness or where there is darkness”

When we took the risk and a great cost researched for an Indian Ocean Industrial Investment Promotion Center because of people like her in Seychelles, and John Mascaranes – we believed the political fate we had been handed was not the fate of Seychelles. Some of the very important officials from SADC, COMESA and OAU, even African National Congress activist reactions.

She knew we were importantly involved in philanthropic issues not just a Seychelles by global level, archaic, church and fraternal wise. We are proud of her contribution to the setting up of the NGO establishment in Seychelles – the support she gave to those who wanted to become involved and contributed to what the NGO in Seychelles is today.

What must not be under estimated in Seychelles, in the commonwealth, today African Union, the determination of those Seychellois who had live in East Africa before independence – knew what Africa was all about and they came to their native country and saw/witnessed what was happening. Yes there was great outcry against the colonial injustice bu no t the whole sale destruction of our nation,. National values, ancestral riches and debase us to some retched tribe or unwanted national and human on planet earth. What fight they fought and those in Seychelles who refuse to acknowledge this – including the diplomatic services and others. Those values and life experience they had acquired and would not to let it go. The very crucial and great importance in the new African Union and the future. Seychelles Role in the Indian Ocean.

Equally from her belief and Christian values – her decision to get involved and help translate the Bible into Creole in an outstanding achievements. She was not always an easy person to get on with – what we the real Seychellois, those whose founding father fought to lay the foundation and build, save Seychelles WOULD CALL HER IN A VERY ENDEARING WORDS A BATTLE AXE, Seychelles History, Reunion and Mauritius have known one or two– now that we are celebrating the 250 of the founding of the Capital, L'establisement du Rois and later Victoria.

She belonged to those few who were involved in the “ experimental – ginie pig idea” of the first flight of British school children on Holiday to Seychelles – the opening of politic in Seychelles and later her very unique role to support the project for “ International Classical Festivals of Music in Seychelles now their 6th Festivals” Her very unique role and contributions.

We got to meet her in 2000 and 2004 and share some very special moment – with her. We thank her and her family, friend for making it possible that on that momentous flight to Seychelles in 2000 her son Captain Francois Jackson flew us from Britain to Seychelles and was on those on the return flight. How and why the flight was arranged thus.

We are indeed very sadden by the very tragic events of the 2004/5 Earth quake and Tsunami. She was one of the few Seychellois woman who understood issues beyond what the scientist are prepared to explain -, discuss in the greater public.

having said this we have an explanation to make to the Seychelles nation, Institutions, her family , church and friends. In Britain and indeed EU the Arcadian practice – the need to shed blood, in plain creole for somebody to die or be kill on a given great event or important occasion or just plain mob like practice and criminals the necessity to differentiate.

We took time to explain a number of issues involving the refurbishment of the place of our in Islington, the Channal tunnel Terminal. The new kitchen, bath room, heating and intercom system. The influence and impact on many aspect of life and in instance resulting to death if mismanaged.

Equally the issues of Kent where we have some kind of base and part of my family – those involved in manipulating many aspect of my family life for their won selfish reasons. The destruction of the garden, plants m personal items and my compel to look for alternative accommodation and place of work. We have found some kind of place and the new facilities, contracts. Those who believe in this practice and process. We have addressed this issues over the past 25 years those who like or dislike what we do in Seychelles or the greater world.

We have also added the two recent page to our portal,project – the Italian page with tis contents and German for good reason.

There has been very enormous debacle about the flat /place of our in Islington – how to go forward and help.

On Monday as we moved our belongings in the new location in Kent and Isling ton as they came to fit the new Intercom system the announcement of the death of Mrs Flavie Jackson. We told the contractors and the neighbor politely and bluntly of the situation and incident. We told them we got that property through help of Jewish Care in London, their involvement. The Jackson family role and position in Seychelles among the Jewish community in Seychelles.

This is why we have been writing such pertinent thread about the values of education and those who think they understand the values of education. The bloody Arcadian/ archaic side of life they refuse to discuss or explain.

On behalf of our Seychelles EU community, the EU institutions, the Jewish community in Britain, France, USA, Austria, Israel – our community in Britain, the SDA churches and conference, many own complex Christian and interfaith involvements, the very many relatives, friends, families and acquaintances. We convey our very deepest condolence to Mr Wilfred “Uncle Bill Jackson” “Tiki” and Captain Francois Jackson and family.

Equally to all the relative in Seychelles, the Adeline and the Stravens, the SDA Church members, those involved with her in the Bible society and translation project, the Seychelles International Classical Festivals of Music, other related Woman association in Seychelles she belonged to.

Most important we convey our condolence to former president FA Rene – families and President JA Michel – the many public office she served on, including the Mauritian and Indian community in Seychelles, they have lost a very great friend and the people of Seychelles.

Our wish is that given the great and unique “coco de mer” plant in Seychelles reputation, those specimens found in the Hapsburg place and the Grand Louvre of the Bourbon royal family – from Seychelles a great young woman and female will rise to take her place.

We wish to take this opportunity to underline the unique role – importance she played in our support, concept for a New Seychelles National Library and the future generation vision of wisdom and knowledge.

To indicate our esteemed for her when all my sisters and their husband gathered in Seychelles last year 2007 – we requested of her to given a public telling of for their shoddy attitude and behavior – family values and practice.

To her children - family and sincere friend our sincere excuse just in case we have written too much.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down