Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tears of joy flow as mother and daughter reunite after 39 years

Go down

Tears of joy flow as mother and daughter reunite after 39 years Empty Tears of joy flow as mother and daughter reunite after 39 years

Post  Sirop14 Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 am

Tears of joy flow as mother and daughter reunite after 39 years

19-October-2016

For 39 long, painful years, a mother’s longing for her lost daughter had been growing stronger with each passing day.
Veroniqua Esparon lost her daughter Corine Guillon in Liban at birth. After that, Veroniqua had had two other children – Stan Esparon and Michelle Esparon – but they never stopped thinking about Corine.
Despite nearly 39 years without Corine, the family had continued to search for missing Corine.
Yesterday morning, after so many years, the family was finally reunited when Corine arrived on an Air Seychelles flight from Paris, with her husband and two sons.
After years with no leads and no new information, the youngest brother, Stan, along with her sister Michelle, went on a mission to search for their missing sister and with the help of our national airline Air Seychelles, their dream has finally become a reality.
At the Seychelles International Airport VIP Lounge yesterday, emotions flowed as mother held her lost daughter after 39 years of separation.
Veroniqua could not contain her emotions as she tried to express what it felt like to be reunited with her daughter.
“I am very joyful; I am more alive than ever. I asked God to give me the strength to be able to be present on this exceptional day to welcome back my daughter. I also want to thank my brothers and sisters from church who came today with lovely songs. After all these years, since her birth, it’s now that I can finally hold her in my arms again. I really had to prepare myself for this moment, I had to be strong,” an emotional Veroniqua said.
Corine was also visibly moved to see her mother for the first time.
“It was a dream for me to be reunited with my mother. I have tried so many times to gather information about her, but most of the time I was unsuccessful. But I always kept a positive mind, prayed a lot. It is a miracle that we are reunited. I want to thank everyone who took part in the hunt to reunite us, as well as Air Seychelles,” she said.
Josie Michaud-Payet, manager for Corporate Social Responsibility at Air Seychelles, stated that Air Seychelles knew about the story of Veroniqua’s lost daughter through a programme that was broadcast on SBC recently.
“As the national airline our mission to the community is to try and make some dreams become a reality by giving back to the community. So this was an occasion to try and make this long awaiting dream become a reality by reuniting a mother and daughter,” she said.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251489

Sirop14

Back to top Go down