Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marc Houareau lives his dream, celebrates 100th birthday

Go down

Marc Houareau lives his dream, celebrates 100th birthday Empty Marc Houareau lives his dream, celebrates 100th birthday

Post  Sirop14 Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:30 am

Marc Houareau lives his dream, celebrates 100th birthday

04-April-2016

Au Cap centenarian Marc Ludovic Houareau celebrated his 100th birthday on March 30, 2016.

Mr Houareau is the only male centenarian in Seychelles and said he is happy his dream of turning 100 has come true.

He said this to Seychelles NATION during a short ceremony at his home on Saturday where he was presented with the President’s hamper by Au Cap member of the National Assembly (MNA) Murielle Marie and district administrator (DA) Archille Sifflore.

Ms Marie congratulated Mr Houareau on behalf of President James Michel and wished him good health.

Present during the ceremony was Mr Houareau’s wife, Jasynthia Houareau, his mother-in-law, grandchildren and carer.

Mr Houareau has three children with his wife but also has an older son before he was married to Jasynthia.
He also has six grandchildren and two great grandchildren.

Although he now resides at Pointe au Sel, Mr Houareau has lived in various areas on Mahé while growing up.
His first job was as a policeman, and then he joined the Public Works Department (PWD) and after that started his own private business called the Honey Pot at Lodge Street, St Louis.

Mr Houareau is not in full health but he can still communicate openly.
He said he always wanted to reach 100 years old and on top of that he is the only male centenarian in Seychelles.
Now that his dream has come true he is in very high spirits.

“I feel happy and if it's God's will to preserve my life I will celebrate my 101st birthday,” he said.
He also thanked the president for the hamper.

On October 28, another resident of Au Cap will be celebrating her 100th birthday.

Seychelles NATION would like to wish Mr Houareau a happy birthday and above all good health and happiness.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=248959

Sirop14

Back to top Go down