Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting the record straight

Go down

Setting the record straight Empty Setting the record straight

Post  Sirop14 Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Setting the record straight

16-December-2017
I refer to the statement by the LDS MNA for Anse aux Pins, Hon. Clifford André, earlier today (Wednesday December 6) in the National Assembly, in relation to me, to wit: “Msye Alain Butler Payette ti vini ti dir dan piblik i pe ganny peye par State House. Bomaten, Onorab Henri i’n demande lekel ki pe peye. Savedir larzan taks ki pey Mister Payette ki nepli travay dan Gouvernman. Eski i byen? Eski i ethical? Eski i pa en pratik corruptive? Nou bezwen gete sa …”
By and through his statement, the Anse aux Pins MNA inferred that I am involved in “corruptive” [sic] practices.
I wish to state, for the record, the following facts:
(1) I was appointed Secretary of State in the Office of the President on 14 April 2004, in which post I served until 25 March 2009.
(2) On that date, I resigned as Secretary of State in the Office of the President but was immediately appointed as Consultant/Adviser in the Office of the President, the same day, on the same terms and conditions as per my contract as Secretary of State.
(3) Upon the expiration of said contract on 31 December 2009, a new contract as Consultant/Adviser in the Office of the President was drawn up by both parties with effect from 1 January 2010, on the same terms and conditions as the previous contract.
(4) My contract was renewed each year, on the same terms and conditions, from 2011 to 2017.
(5) On 1 January 2017, upon renewal of my contract as Consultant/Adviser in the Office of the President, I was assigned the same responsibilities in the Office of Former President James A. Michel, again on the same terms and conditions as in previous years.
(6) Upon attaining retirement age, as provided for by the law, I expressed the wish to retire from public service on 1 October 2017, which request was granted by the Administration of President Danny Faure.
In summary, I have been drawing a salary from the Office of the President, as Consultant/Adviser, from 25 March 2009 to 30 September 2017 on terms and conditions similar to my previous contract as Secretary of State, but with adjustments taking into account my years of service, experience and responsibilities to the nation. I am now retired and receiving my monthly retirement benefits from the Seychelles Pension Fund.
I do not know the reasons why Hon. Clifford André seeks to malign me or to what ends his purposes serve. In any event, I would kindly request that you circulate my letter to the Honorable Members of the National Assembly so that members of the public be apprised of the facts in relation to my remuneration.
Thank you for your kind cooperation and understanding.

Alain Butler Payette
Former Consultant/Adviser
Office of the President

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Setting the record straight Empty Re: Setting the record straight

Post  Sirop14 Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Public share plans for the coming year
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=257157

Sirop14

Back to top Go down