Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty “Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th

Post  Sirop14 Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:50 pm

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th

The President of the Republic of Seychelles, Mr. James Alix Michel, has announced in a national televised address this evening, his intention to resign from his post on October 16th 2016.

On the same date next month Vice-President Danny Faure will be sworn in as the new President of the Republic of Seychelles.

President Michel thanked the people of Seychelles for their support and for the work they accomplished together in the development of the country.

“Many decisions were made this year. One of the decisions was the amendment to the Constitution to limit the terms of the President to two mandates.  And tonight I am announcing my decision to resign from the post of President of the Republic,” President Michel said in the broadcast.

“I am leaving power, but I am not abandoning you. For me, power is not an aim in itself but a means to do good. To do good for our people. Together we did it, as much as the means and circumstances permitted us. The interest of the nation comes first… I am leaving the Office of the President with a sense of mission accomplished. During these 12 years that you gave me the honour and privilege to lead our nation, I have completed my responsibility and my duty.”

President Michel has already served two five-year terms and is about to complete 10 months in the third and final mandate. It was in April this year, after his re-election in December, that the National Assembly unanimously approved the constitutional amendment to limit the presidential and vice-presidential terms to two five-year mandates, down from three five-year terms.

According to the Constitution, the President may, by writing addressed to the Speaker of the National Assembly, resign from the Office of the President.

His letter will be sent to the Speaker tomorrow.

“After 12 years as President, the time has come to hand over the reins of power to a new leader.  A new leader who will take Seychelles to the next frontier of its development. To face and overcome the challenges of this century, without abandoning our principles,” said President Michel.

The President asked the people of Seychelles to give Mr. Faure and his team the same support that they had given him in the last 12 years.

“I will always thank you, people of Seychelles, for your support. Thank you for your trust in me.…At the end of the day, there is nothing more important, more honorable, more noble, than national unity. Let us make national unity our priority. National unity will guide us in our action and illuminate the future of our country.”

Editor's Note

The full text of the President’s Address in Creole is below:
http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3129

Presidential candidate Donald Trump challenge to Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton if she has got the stamina
http://sirop-cdu-alliance-snm.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/presidential-candidate-donald-trump_27.html

Michel Resigns!
http://freeseychellesnow.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/michel-resigns.html

Seychelles President Michel announces decision to resign
http://www.theinsider.ug/seychelles-president-michel-announces-decision-to-resign/

Seychelles president says to resign on Oct 16 - state house
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-seychelles-politics-idUSKCN11X25F

Seychelles president has announced that he will step down.
http://www.africanews.com/2016/09/27/seychelles-president-to-vacate-office/

Seychelles president quits after party loses four-decade grip on power
https://cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/seychelles-president-james-michel-announces-resignation-official-171901814.html

Comment - Facebook had announced he would be making a Major announcement

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Seychelles: Linyon Demokratik Seselwa réclame des élections présidentielles

Post  Sirop14 Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Seychelles: Linyon Demokratik Seselwa réclame des élections présidentielles

Par La Rédaction
28 SEP 2016

Le président James Michel a annoncé sa démission après 12 ans au pouvoir.

Linyon Demokratik Seselwa rejette la passation de pouvoir au vice-président Danny Faure. James Michel, président des Seychelles depuis 2004, a déclaré, le mardi 27 septembre, qu’il démissionnera. Et il a désigné le vice-président comme son successeur, qui mènera à terme son mandat de cinq ans.

Dans un communiqué émis le mercredi 28 septembre, Linyon Demokratik Seselwa déplore le fait que James Michel n’a pas les «raisons légitimes» pour démissionner et passer la main à quelqu’un d’autre. «La légalité du processus est remise en doute. »

Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) rappelle également que James Michel ne jouit pas d’un mandat aux Seychelles, vu que son parti, Lepep, n’a obtenu que 10 sièges de députés contre 15 pour LDS lors des législatives de septembre. Le parti compte d’ailleurs utiliser sa majorité au Parlement pour qu’il y ait une élection présidentielle «importante pour la démocratie».

Un nouveau président de la Commission électorale est attendu afin que les règlements et pratiques ayant trait aux élections soient révisés.

http://www.lexpress.mu/article/290529/seychelles-linyon-demokratik-seselwa-reclame-elections-presidentielles

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty President James Michel resigns, hands presidency to Vice-President Danny Faure

Post  Sirop14 Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:15 pm

President James Michel resigns, hands presidency to Vice-President Danny Faure

29-September-2016
No need for fresh election

Is there a need for fresh presidential election to allow the people of Seychelles to choose a president to govern the country following a vacancy in the Office of the President?
The answer is no. And this is according to Article 55(1) of the Constitution which states that “where the President dies, resigns or is removed from office, the Vice-President shall assume the office of President for the unexpired term of the President with effect from the death, resignation or removal from office of the President”.
This is irrespective of if the elected President has ruled for two months, one year or another period of his/her five-year term.
Attorney General Rony Govinden said that the Seychelles’ Constitution allows the president to resign at any given time during his mandate.
“There is no time limit when he can do that. He can resign one day after being elected or the last day of his mandate,” said Mr Govinden.
Also the Constitution does not state that the President should give reasons for his resignation.
President Michel sent his letter of resignation to the Speaker of the National Assembly, Patrick Pillay yesterday as stated in the Constitution.
According to Mr Govinden, the president can state if the resignation is with immediate effect or not.
“In this case the president has announced that his vice-president will take over leadership of the country on October 16, so he remains president until that day when he will hand over power to VP Faure,” he explained.
And if as many are saying that the Constitution should be amended to have a new election in case a President resigns, a bill should be passed before the National Assembly and a majority of the members should vote in favour.
Seychelles NATION has also learned that Vice-President Danny Faure can only stand once as Presidential candidate after he becomes President and this is in line with amendment in the Constitution.
This is in line with a constitutional amendment approved in April 2016 that limits the presidential term to two five-year mandates, down from three five-year terms.
Attorney General Govinden said: “Given that the Vice-President will be taking over more than two-thirds of the mandate of the current president, it will be taken to be one term of office. So if the latest amendment to the Constitution is formerly put into operation, he will have only this term and another term subject to a Presidential election.”
He added that “once the Vice-President assumes the Office of President he will have to choose his new Vice-President and Designated Minister. For this to happen and the new Vice-President and Designated Minister to take office, he (the President) will need to have the approval of the National Assembly by majority. So given that the opposition controls the National Assembly, he (the President) will need to have the consent of the opposition for the approval of the new Vice-President and Designated Minister”.
Following Tuesday night’s televised announcement by President James Michel that he will resign on October 16, 2016 and hand over the presidency to Vice-President Danny Faure who will be sworn in on the same day, Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) yesterday issued a press release in which it says it “rejects the handover of the presidency from James Michel to Danny Faure and calls for a fresh Presidential election to allow the people of Seychelles to choose a President that will have a clear mandate to govern the country”.
Signed by its chairman Roger Mancienne, the LDS has in the release made the following statements in reaction to the decision by Mr James Michel to resign as President with effect October 16, 2016 and to handover the Presidency to Mr Faure.
“1. Mr James Michel has not given clear and valid grounds for his decision to resign and hand over power. In entering the Presidential election of December 2015, he gave the people of Seychelles a clear undertaking to serve a mandate of five years and it was on that basis that he was elected. While the Constitution provides for a handover of power upon the resignation of the President, this can only be reasonable on serious and valid grounds relating to incapacity to perform the duties required. It is not acceptable on the grounds that have been stated, only nine months after he was declared President, of passing responsibility for implementing the party’s programme to a younger team. LDS is questioning the legality of this process.
“2. Mr Michel was declared President in December 2015 after a tightly contested election marred by illegal practices and failures in the electoral process. His mandate to govern the country on the basis of this election was itself uncertain. For his part, Mr Danny Faure has no claim to any such mandate.
“3. In the National Assembly elections held in September 2016, LDS gained an overall majority of the popular votes over the Parti Lepep. For this reason too, Mr Faure cannot claim to have the support of the Seychellois people and therefore has no mandate to govern.
“4. The practice of handing over power is in itself undemocratic and LDS has declared its intention to revise the Constitution to amend it in favour of acceptable democratic procedure. LDS cannot accept its use in a situation where democratic principles are not respected. The character, capability and fitness to govern of Mr Danny Faure must be submitted to the decision of the people of Seychelles
“5. Under the circumstances, it is necessary for the sake of our democracy to hold a new Presidential election in order for a President to be elected with a clear mandate to govern. LDS will use its position in the National Assembly to insist on a fresh Presidential election.
“6. LDS believes it is of paramount importance that the new Presidential election is held promptly but with due regard for it to be organised properly in order for it to be fully credible. In that respect LDS calls for the appointment of a new chairperson for the Electoral Commission and for the electoral regulations and practices to be reviewed in the light of the National Assembly election.
“7. LDS reiterates its firm commitment to the democratic process and the proper functioning of all institutions of the state and the government. It confirms its commitment to peace, stability and orderly elections in our country.”

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251220

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Letter to the Editor - President Michel and the two terms

Post  Sirop14 Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:02 am

Letter to the Editor - President Michel and the two terms

30-September-2016
Politicians in the opposition are using President James Michel’s announcement to retire as another attempt to confuse their own supporters.
I think President Michel is leading by example.
He was re-elected for a third term in December 2015. The issue of number of terms a President can serve was part of the campaign debate in December. In April – months after the presidential elections – the Constitution of the Republic of Seychelles was amended. According to the amendment the President can now only serve two five-year terms.
President Michel had already served two five-year terms, plus one-third of the mandate he inherited from President France Albert Rene. He has served a total of 12 years and six months.
It was clear to me – and I suppose to all other political observers, too – that after the amendment the President would go. But he waited after the National Assembly elections.
The issue would have arisen if he had acted against the spirit of the amendment and gone on to serve the five years of the third term.
And on Tuesday evening he did give the reason why he was resigning. The following is a quote from his speech:
“Many decisions were made this year. One of the decisions was the amendment to the Constitution to limit the terms of the President to two mandates. And tonight I am announcing my decision to resign from the post of President of the Republic and take my retirement.”
It is only after a President resigns, is removed from office or dies, that the Vice-President takes over. Mr Danny Faure is taking over only because Mr Michel has limited the mandates to two.
Suddenly, there is a craze for elections in Seychelles. I understand the impatience of some people. I am glad the Constitution of the Republic of Seychelles has laid down clear arrangements for succession in the highest offices of the land. The arrangements provide a sense of stability and security in the country.
This is why there are running mates during presidential elections. And also the post of Designated Minister.
Many countries in the world, including the United States of America (USA) to which many of us look up to for examples of democratic values, has the same succession system. In August 1974 President Richard Nixon resigned as he faced the threat of impeachment because of the Watergate scandal. He was succeeded automatically by his Vice-President, Gerard Ford.
The hard-working President Michel should be congratulated for walking the talk. He has just demonstrated commitment to a larger purpose, and that is the national interest. And also respect for the Constitution.
Thank you for the space. Allow me now to also use the space to propose the organisation of a motorcade, or similar mass mobilisation, to give the President a good send-off, and say thank you to him for the tremendous contribution he made to our nation’s development, for dedicating his entire productive life to the service of our country.
Thank you, Mr President, for all that you have done for our country.

V. Charles

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251232

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Storm as President Michel quits and names Faure as successor

Post  Sirop14 Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:44 pm

Storm as President Michel quits and names Faure as successor

30th September 2016
Going: James Michel steps down as President in October

A political storm erupted when President James Michel said he was resigning and will step down from his post in weeks.

The new majority opposition group Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) protested it was wrong that vice-president Danny Faure should automatically be sworn in as the new President of the Republic of Seychelles on 16th October.

The row came as the new National Assembly took office with the opposition in power for the first time.

Political observers had wondered how the President, as leader of Parti Lepep, would work with a majority LDS group. They had the inkling of that on the first day.

LDS blasted the handover of power as “undemocratic” and called for a new Presidential election. It said Danny Faure “had no mandate” to govern the country.

LDS leader Roger Mancienne said the reasons given for Michel’s resignation “were not sufficiently clear”.
He went on: “His resignation was announced on the same day the new National Assembly met for the first time. We think it would be irresponsible of the President to make a decision on that basis.”

Mancienne said that Faure “did not win this election and LDS is therefore calling for a new presidential election”.
However, Attorney General Ronny Govinden has said that the Seychelles’ constitution allows the President to resign at any given time during his mandate.

“There is no time limit when he can do that,” he said.
The Seychelles’ constitution makes provision for the vice-president to assume power in the event of the president’s death, resignation or removal from office instead of allowing for fresh elections to take place.

In his resignation announcement 72-year-old President Michel thanked the people of Seychelles for their support.
He said: “I am leaving power, but I am not abandoning you. For me, power is not an aim in itself but a means to do good. To do good for our people. Together we did it, as much as the means and circumstances permitted us.

“The interest of the nation comes first. I am leaving the Office of the President with a sense of mission accomplished. During these 12 years that you gave me the honour and privilege to lead our nation, I have completed my responsibility and my duty.”
President Michel has already served two five-year terms and is about to complete 10 months in the third and final mandate.
In April, after his re-election in December, 2015, the National Assembly unanimously approved the constitutional amendment to limit the presidential and vice-presidential terms to two five-year mandates, down from three five-year terms.

The President asked the people of Seychelles to give Mr Faure and his team the same support that they had given him in the last 12 years.
“I will always thank you, people of Seychelles, for your support. Thank you for your trust in me. At the end of the day, there is nothing more important, more honourable, more noble, than national unity.”

There was praise for the outgoing President but some critics were happy to see him go. One said: “Things seem to be heading in the right direction in Seychelles for the first time since the reintroduction of multi-party democracy in 1992.

“It is obvious that an old dictator like James Michel, just like his predecessor Albert Rene would never be able to operate in a democratic system of government where he would have to face a robust and intelligent group of opposition MNAs demanding transparent and efficient governance.”

He adds: “So long James, you will certainly not be missed and Seychelles will be a lot better off without you”

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153972067953004&set=gm.1627622507536028&type=3

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Re: “Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th

Post  Sirop14 Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:30 pm

With due respect and very deep concern for those two US citizen who lot their life - we address Mr Lewis Betsey above my comment event of 1996/7 the supper mess with our community in Europe, in London then the insult and lampoon by the many ethnic communities and the Irish communities at our performance, the world economic woes and Seychelles - we had just contributed to the RIM association issue - we mention this to explain the science. We worked the 2015 Presidential in Berlin - the Chinese government, the German Intelligence service. Had we more time would have taken contact with some of the parties if/had their been a Presidential change - the complete revamping restructuring of our national economy to Europe an the world working - BRICS. For a long time those from the Deutsche bank in London we have been in contact well aware of the many leverage and unreported dynamic by the media and experts working the big finance and market . some of the elite German politician aware and the EU Central Bank Head aware - I had expected a different reaction from those parties in Germany after the announcement of President JA Michel resignation, the three UN mega meeting was of little help - time is not going to wait. Mr Betsy will you accompany my person to Berlin - be witness to some of the meeting I will undertake take note and publish them, with due discretion - including meeting with the officials of the Deutsche Bank - this one of Germany leading Financial institution linked at the core of that SIROP program. If you are a person of your word and the issues at stake - that Seychelles Tanker fleet was a small memento and they had expected us to come back in respectable and serious way. As they say in German are we all going to do our trouser full. These are thematic way beyond the understanding of Minister Pat Pillay, Hon Wavel and our former Central Bank Chief - President FA Rene is aware, President J A Michel, them Arab from UAE and Qatar in the Know and well aware.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Opinion - Will former President Michel enjoy playing with the waves?

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:21 am

Opinion - Will former President Michel enjoy playing with the waves?

03-October-2016
To think that on October 16, 2016, James A. Michel would stop being President of the Republic of Seychelles and become a ‘former President’, makes me recall what I wrote in my little book, ‘Peace of Mind’ about the world of friendship –
“At a time that I was deposed as President
the ‘friends’ I thought would run away, run
away faster than expected.
Among those I thought would stay,
some still did run away and that naturally hurt.
But one thing for certain, those few who remained
were really friends.
It is said that in this life there is no ill-wind
that does not blow somebody good.
Perhaps the greatest good out of the Seychelles coup
for me was the ability to discern who were my friends
and who were friends of the ‘President’.
Unfortunately (perhaps I should say fortunately) most
people go through life without the opportunity of such traumatic revelations.”
Well, of course, President Michel will have his own special assessment as he goes through the process of one day being the Commander-in-Chief of the Nation, full of power engagements and appointments, to the next day feeling unbridled from State duties and responsibilities, and able to breathe ‘fresh air’ as just another citizen of the Republic.
Personally, I doubt whether a man who has been so active as James Michel could easily settle down and spend a full day at the beach playing with the waves until the sun sets over Silhouette.
So what would be my advise to him as he endeavours to unwind and to take life slowly?
I believe he should consider taking a cruise around the world in good company (which would include daughter Laeticia), and get away from day-to-day Seychelles politics. Even then, he could face solitude unless he felt he was positively engaged. Maybe, therefore, before he embarks on the cruise, he could accept the role of an Ambassador-at-Large of the Seychelles Blue Economy concept, with which he has been so much involved over the last few years.
As a matter of fact, ‘ASTROLABE – Revue du Club International des Grands Voyageurs’ published in its April 2016 issue an article entitled, “The world’s new economic frontier is the oceans.” The author of the article is none other than James Michel together with Maria Damanaki – the European Commissioner for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries –
“………………… President James Michel of Seychelles opened the National Stakeholder Consultation Forum on the Blue Economy at the International Conference Centre this morning, saying the Blue Economy is not just a space for the creation of socio-economic opportunities but also a powerful means to further foster the nation’s unity, in all of its diversity, through its spin-offs, its activities and benefits.
‘The world’s new economic frontier is the ocean…. This dialogue on the Blue Economy is not just for one generation. It concerns us all. It concerns our parents and grandparents. It concerns our children. The sea has always been a source of livelihood for the Seychellois.
The Blue Economy, we are all convinced, can increase substantially the opportunities from it. The Blue Economy we are aiming for is about participation, the creation of new opportunities and social justice. Every Seychellois has a stake in it,’ said the President.
The President called for a more integrated fishing industry where the value chain is reinforced and where shore-based activities are developed with local participation. He welcomed the SAMPER development for the construction of a fishing quay, as an example of public-private partnership that also creates opportunities for local companies.
‘It is important that nothing is wasted from the sea, that the by-catch is fully utilised, that value addition is increased and that more Seychellois work on industrial tune vessels. The industry must be fully integrated to enable more sharing of the wealth by both local and foreign investors,’ he added.
President Michel said that the country’s first priority must be sustainability as the management of maritime safety spaces is so important, with Seychelles planning various initiatives to create new marine-protected areas and also to better manage stocks at the same time.
The President said that further investment is needed in the Blue Economy and called on Seychelles banks to play their part to make affordable credit readily available to Seychelles’ Blue Economy entrepreneurs. He noted that the Government has already invested heavily in creating new opportunities in fisheries and the related maritime sector activities.
‘We have created a new fishing port in Providence and, in so doing, we have offered opportunities for Seychellois fishermen to add value to their catch. We are now finalising a new phase for the development of Providence. We have also built a new fishing port on Ile du Port. We have created new opportunities for the involvement of Seychellois companies in semi-industrial and industrial fishing. We have strengthened the Maritime Training Centre through a partnership with Sri Lanka for the training of young people in this field.’
Mr Michel acknowledges that the Blue Economy also has many challenges ahead, such as the concerns about diminishing fish stocks, illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing (IUU) and piracy, which has been contained but still remains a menace on the high seas. He added that Seychellois exporters of swordfish face unfair barriers to the European market because of unjust phytosanitary regulations, which is one of the many challenges that the National Stakeholders Consultation Forum needs to address.
President Michel also paid tribute to the Seychellois fishermen who joined together in associations and brought better services to their respective communities, as well as the investments of their enterprises as well as the owners of the fishing vessels who, in spite of numerous challenges, have not hesitated to create a Seychelles fishing fleet, based on quality and sustainable fishing.
‘I also pay tribute to the Seychellois entrepreneur, who in spite of the difficulties in raising funds for their project, perseveres, knowing that our future depends on our ability to maximise the potential of our resources from the ocean in order to bring more benefits for us all.’
The two-day conference will encourage pragmatic approaches, identify possible conflicts and propose resolutions by promoting dialogue between the various stakeholders in key thematic fields pertaining to the Blue Economy. Those are primarily in: fisheries, aquaculture, marine biotechnology, sustainable marine resource exploitation and marine spatial planning as to find common ground and tangible ways in which the Blue Economy can benefit Seychelles.”
As he cruises around the world as our Ambassador-at-Large of the Blue Economy, James Alix Michel will discover new paths, new places, new friendship and new faces – all of which are part of the adventures of life. Finally, former President Michel would realise that while a king is honoured at home, a wise man is worshipped everywhere.

James R. Mancham

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251267

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Nouvel ambassadeur guinéen accrédité : « La Guinée veut s’inspirer de la réussite des Seychelles »

Post  Sirop14 Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Nouvel ambassadeur guinéen accrédité : « La Guinée veut s’inspirer de la réussite des Seychelles »

05-October-2016

La République de Guinée veut s’inspirer de la réussite des Seychelles, surtout dans les domaines du tourisme et de la gestion macro-économique.
C’est le nouvel ambassadeur de ce pays aux Seychelles son excellence M. Mamadi Camara qui a fait cette déclaration, après avoir présenté ses lettres de créances au Président James Michel à State House hier matin.
« Au niveau global les Seychelles ont fait un véritable bond en avant qu’aujourd’hui le pays a le meilleur produit intérieur brut par tête d’habitant en Afrique. C’est le résultât d’un effort concerté », a-t-il déclaré.
M. Camara s’est dit vouloir également diversifier la coopération vers d’autres domaines, tout en renforçant les liens qui existent déjà, par exemple dans les domaines de l’éducation et de l’information. Il a rappelé que son pays a dans les années 80 envoyés des coopérants dans ces deux derniers secteurs « pour répondre au besoin du peuples seychellois ».
Presque 36 ans plus tard, cette coopération a atteint l’âge d’or, dit-il.
A noter que le Ministre des Affaires étrangères et des Transports, M. Joël Morgan, et le Conseiller diplomatique à la Présidence, l’Ambassadeur Callixte d’Offay étaient présents pour le rencontre à State House.
Lors de son passage au palais présidentiel, l’Ambassadeur Camara a été également reçu par le Vice-Président Danny Faure. Il rendra visite au Speaker de l’Assemblée Nationale Patrick Pillay aujourd’hui.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251302

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Interview with outgoing President, Mr James A. Michel

Post  Sirop14 Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Interview with outgoing President, Mr James A. Michel

08-October-2016
‘I fought for fairness, justice and democracy’

Seychelles NATION: How can you summarise your contributions to Seychelles over the last 12 years as the country’s President?

President Michel: Seychelles has changed considerably. The economy has been modernised and improved. Because of the growth and creation of more wealth, we today have over 400 million dollars in foreign exchange reserve. I leave behind an amount of financial security for our future. We have promoted entrepreneurship. More Seychellois now are owners of their businesses, especially in the tourism sector and small and medium enterprises. I made it easier for people to own their own homes, through discount schemes. There have been various revisions of salary and wage for workers, and increased benefits for pensioners and the most vulnerable in our society. Figures are facts, and facts are the truth. I can also say that we succeeded in defending our islands and people from piracy. The fight against social ills, such as drug abuse, is starting to bear fruit although much remains to be done. Overall, I took Seychelles from the level of development of 2004, which was already high, and built on it. The facts are there for all to see.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251361

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Seychelles Rumors In Over Drive!

Post  Sirop14 Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:19 pm

Seychelles Rumors In Over Drive!

The " Big Cake" has arrived on the table of the Seychelles Public. President James Michel has announced he will resign.This Saturday, LDS took to the streets of Victoria, SEYCHELLES demanding for amendments to the Constitution for banning of the Pas Baton tradition that keeps the ruling party in power.
Rumors are rife across the Nation as Le Pep clamps down in silence not knowing what to do next.
One rumor is that new elections will take place, since Faure will not be able to run the country with a hostile majority opposition. One party is toying with asking Khalifa for $300 million, in order to change at Cash Plus, to then give each Seychellois SCR. 100,000.00 not to vote. Perhaps this will increase to SCR. 1 Million per vote. Stay tuned.
Another rumor out and about is Pat Pillay has been offered Vice President post in PL. This is unconfirmed.
Further rumor is the Army refuses to pledge allegiance to a Pas Baton President, and enlisted soldiers have ask commanding officers to press for new fresh Presidential Elections.
Where there is smoke, there is fire in Seychelles.
The situation is developing fast and unfolding fast.

Ironically while all this jockeying is taking place in the political arena, investors are very relaxed and are continuing with their investment opportunities in Seychelles.

Regardless who is in power, the country needs 23% of its GDP in the form of foreign redirect investments to offset the $ 380 million sitting dormant in business bank accounts. Success has its complications.

Sesel Pou Seselwa!

http://freeseychellesnow.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/seychelles-rumors-in-over-drive.html

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Qatari Investors Eyeing Control of Deutsche Bank

Post  Sirop14 Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Qatari Investors Eyeing Control of Deutsche Bank
Strategic errors, massive fines and attacks by speculators have created a major crisis for Germany's most important bank. Now, investors from Qatar, who already own some 10 percent of Deutsche Bank, are considering taking control.

This is the third time we came in public with this issue - why we had gone to Berlin for the last Seychelles Presidential - meanwhile the three important UN conference on Migrant and refugee, the EU in Vienna and the EU Africa Initiative announcement in south Africa 23/9/10 our comment about that SIROP program - Why Qatar have been supportive of Seychelles economy - when the world entrust you with responsibility as a small or big nation you have to take your responsibility seriously or next time you will get sideline and ignored and hold a stinking reputation. We have been force to address the topic of the Whistle Blower 1986 to stress that it is not now with you lot we are involved in regional and world important working - the manner you are going about it. That SIROP program play a vital mechanism to EU and some of the World economy - President J A Michel got into this super mess over this Program - other nations, busted cities, revolution and a very long list of negative outcome - please read event here a great deal I am not supposed to present in Public - when one is dealing with such Power the need to respect it - if we are required to act single handed in finding a solution we will be required to treat the LDS with the same attitude they have responded and reacted when we came forward with this topic of the Deutsche Bank Those in the Gulf region and Arab world following our post and comment s, the USA, Russia, Europe and China and south Africa.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/qatari-investors-eyeing-controlling-stake-in-deutsche-bank-a-1115581.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook#ref=rss

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Storm as President Michel quits and names Faure as successor

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:09 am

Juliana Tall
September 30 at 2:35pm
Storm as President Michel quits and names Faure as successor
30th September 2016
Going: James Michel steps down as President in October
A political storm erupted when President James Michel said he was resigning and will step down from his post in weeks.
The new majority opposition group Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) protested it was wrong that vice-president Danny Faure should automatically be sworn in as the new President of the Republic of Seychelles on 16th October.
The row came as the new National Assembly took office with the opposition in power for the first time.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SNNseychelles/permalink/807971232673599/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty “The start of a new chapter”- Seychelles President Danny Faure sworn into office

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:28 pm

“The start of a new chapter”- Seychelles President Danny Faure sworn into office

The new President of the Republic of Seychelles, H.E. President Danny Antoine Rollen Faure was sworn into office this afternoon at State House. The former Vice-President took the Oath of Allegiance and Presidential Oath, before the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, the Honourable Justice Mathilda Twomey, in the presence of the outgoing President, Mr. James Alix Michel.

“It is with much humility that I address you today.  Today is the start of a new chapter.  A new chapter because a new generation is taking the helm from the generation that fought for our Independence, built the Seychellois nation, and created a modern society,” said the President as he addressed the people of Seychelles.

He thanked all those that have worked hard and make sacrifices for the betterment of the country and paid respect, on behalf of the people of Seychelles, to President James R. Mancham, President France A. Rene and President James A. Michel for their leadership roles. He also saluted the Seychellois people for their contribution in making Seychelles what it is today.

He continued, “President Michel, this month it will be exactly 31 years since, as Minister of Education at the time, you gave me the opportunity to share my knowledge with the children and the youth of Seychelles.  Thank you, President, for that opportunity, which allowed many other opportunities, not just for me, but for thousands of young people today. During the course of our journey filled with many challenges for our small country, I have learnt from you to always keep our sights focused on the issues greater than ourselves: that is, the welfare of the people of our country.”

During his inaugural address, the President has also underlined the need for national unity in Seychelles and a process of reconciliation.

“As your President, I believe that for Seychelles to really achieve national unity in every sense, we must undergo a process of true reconciliation. We stand to achieve much more as a nation and as a people if we overcome that which divides us.  Let the differences in our political opinions be a source of strength that dynamises our democracy, and not one that chokes it. We must see the diversity within our unity as a new force that strengthens this National Unity that we truly want for our Seychelles,” he said.

“I am ready to work with our National Assembly.  I have informed Hon Patrick Pillay, Speaker of the National Assembly, that in accordance with Article 92 (1) of our Constitution, on Tuesday 18th October 2016, I shall address the National Assembly, that institution where I started my political career 23 years ago.  I shall use that occasion to speak about the work of our Government.”

President Danny Faure has also called on all citizens that have any complaint, or any evidence of wrong-doing where laws are not being respected, or where someone's human rights are being violated, or abused, to without fear approach the relevant authorities with their concerns. He also expressed the need for better partnership between the government and private sector.

“I believe in the strength of our Seychellois workforce, and in its capacity to move Seychelles forward.  I believe in discipline, hard work, and a society where all work is valued and recognised.  Irrespective of our political opinion, religious beliefs, whether we are in the public or private sectors, the important thing is that you do the work that you have been assigned, and you discharge it with all the necessary responsibilities.  As employers, we pay workers their due salaries in accordance with the law.  And we treat all our workers well, without exception. Along this line, the partnership between public and private sectors and civil society must show greater engagement.  It is only through a more solid partnership that we can have greater shared prosperity among our people, “said President Faure.

The outgoing President, Mr. James Alix Michel, congratulated President Faure and said that he has no doubt that Mr. Faure will do a great job in his new function as leader of the country.

“Danny, take great care of this country. Continue doing your work with humility. Continue remaining connected with the people. I assure you of my full support and wish you all the best in the task ahead of you. I also ask the Seychellois people to give the new President of the Republic all their support.  Let us acclaim loudly our future President!” he said.

President Michel added that he is leaving the Office of the President with a deep sense of mission accomplished, and a sense that he has fulfilled his duties towards the people of Seychelles.

“I have never betrayed my country. I have never betrayed my party. I have never betrayed my principles. I have worked for the benefit of all Seychellois.  I am leaving office, aware that Seychelles and the Seychellois people are above all else. Together we have been able to achieve a lot. I emphasise the word TOGETHER. Because we would not have reached where we are today if we had not worked together,” President Michel said.

He continued, “I am taking my retirement but I will remain active. Parti Lepep will always remain a great passion for me. The future of our party, its evolution, motivate me a lot. I still have a contribution to make.  I will continue to do it for as long as I am able to play a constructive role in the future of our party, the party with a revolutionary legacy. The party which represents the aspirations, interests and dreams of the Seychellois.  My work within the party will allow me to remain connected with the people.  I will not abandon you!”

Former President Michel was the President of Seychelles for 12 years and served a total of 39 years as a member of the Cabinet of ministers.

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3145

SBC SEYCHELLES - Inauguration Ceremony - New President of Seychelles - 16 October 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je4P65kUwu0

Last edited by Sirop14 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Diskour Pasasyon Pouvwar par Prezidan James Alix Michel, State House, le 15 Oktob 2016

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Diskour Pasasyon Pouvwar par Prezidan James Alix Michel, State House, le 15 Oktob 2016

Sun, 16 October 2016

18 18 0
Vis Prezidan Faure,

Prezidan Mancham,

Sef Ziz,Prezidan

Lakour-Dapel,

Speaker Lasanble Nasyonal,

Minis,

Manm Lasanble Nasyonal,

Your Excellencies Heads of Diplomatic Missions and International Organisations,

Envite distenge,

Ser frer ek ser Seselwa,

Letan i pas vit. Me ler ou’n konsakre pli gran parti ou lavi pou anmenn en meyer lavenir pour ou pep, ou pa apersevwar letan pase. Letan napa lenportans.

En dikton i dir: “en semenn i bokou letan dan politik”! Mwan, mon’n pas plis ki 2,500 semenn dan politik! Apre tou sa letan dan politik, apre tou sa letan dan divers fonksyon ministeryel ek vis-prezidansyel, apre 12-an alatet Repiblik Sesel, apre tou sa letan ki mon’n konsakre a-pep Seselwa, mon ti santi ki ler ti’n arive pou mwan pas larelev. Pas larelev a en lot dimoun ki pli zenn ki mwan, me ki’n partaz en bon bout mon parkour. Ki pou kapab pourswiv sa ki mon’n komanse. Ki pou kapab anmenn Sesel lo en lot faz devlopman. Ki partaz menm prensip ki mwan. Ki kapab kontinyen sa lalit ki nou’n konmanse plis ki senkant an pase.

Mon napa okenn dout ki Msye Danny Faure pou fer en bon travay dan son nouvo fonksyon a-latet nou pei. En travay ki pou reflekte son lentere ek son lanmour pour nou pep. Pou batir lo sa ki nou’n akonplir ansanm.

Mon felisit salerezman Msye Danny Faure ki pou vin nou nouvo Prezidan dan ankor en pti moman. Danny, pran swen avek sa pei. Kontinyen dan imilite. Kontinyen reste konekte avek lepep. Mon asir ou tou mon sipor e swet ou bonn sans dan sa latas ki devan ou. Mon demann osi pep Seselwa pou donn nouvo Prezidan Larepiblik tou nou sipor. Annou aklanm fitir Prezidan byen for!

Pep Seselwa,

Regre? Non, mon napa okenn regre ki mon pe kite koman Prezidan Larepiblik. Mon ti ava swete sepandan ki sa lespri linite nasyonal ti’n pli ankre dan nou pep, plis respe pour kanmarad e pour bann lenstitisyon Leta par bann dirizan politik. E ki plis bann fleo sosyal ti’n ganny eliminen.

Mon pe sorti avek en sans profon lakonplisman, en sans ki mon’n akonpli mon devwar anver zot e anver mon pei. Avek en leker ouver. Mon pe sorti avek tou mon dinyite ek mon loner entak. Zanmen mon’n trai mon parti. Zanmen mon’n trai mon prensip. Mon’n travay pour benefis tou seselwa. Mon sorti, konsyan ki Sesel ek pep Seselwa i pli gran ki tou.

Ansanm nou’n arive fer bokou. Mon dir byen ANSANM. Akoz nou pa ti pou ariv la ozordi si nou pa ti travay dir ansanm..

Lekel ki kapab refize aksepte larealite anfas? Larealite transformasyon en sitiasyon “napa” pou li vin enn kot tou keksoz i annan. Larealite akimilisasyon nou rezerv deviz etranzer sorti 25 milyon dolar ameriken pou li vin plis ki 500 milyon ozordi. Larealite repeyman e rediksyon nou det, sorti apepre 160 poursan nou GDP pou ariv en pti pe plis ki 60 poursan GDP ozordi, ki tre soutenab. Konstriksyon plis ki 8000 younit lozman. Larealite progresyon Sesel pou vin en pei o-reveni. Fondasyon nou prop liniversite ki’n kree plis ki 500 “graduates”, ikonpri en nouvo zenerasyon “Young Leaders”. Larealite kreasyon plis lanplwa, plis pti biznes, plis antrepriz mwayen. Larealite ranforsman nou demokrasi. Larealite reyonnman Sesel lo lasenn enternasyonal...

Tousala – e plis ankor – nou’n fer li dan 12-an. Personnelman, mon fyer rol ki mon’n zwe dan transformasyon nou pei. Natirelman, mon pa ti kapab fer li tousel. Mon’n ganny sipor Vis-Prezidan Belmont, Vis-Prezidan Faure ek bann minis. Mon’n ganny sipor bann fonksyoner dan mon Gouvernman. Mon’n ganny sipor mon Parti. Mon’n ganny sipor Seselwa. Mon’n ganny sipor nou bann partener etranze. E mon’n ganny sipor mon bann pros kolaborater.

Zot tou, mon dir zot mersi. Mersi pour sa ki zot i’n ed mwan akonplir pour Sesel.

Mon oule osi remersye senserman mon bann predeseser – Prezidan Mancham ek Prezidan René.

Ser frer ek ser Seselwa,

Mon pe pran mon retret me mon pou reste aktiv. Parti Lepep pou kontinyen reste en gran pasyon pour mwan. Lavenir nou Parti, son levolisyon, i tous mwan profondeman. Mon annan ankor en kontribisyon pou fer. Mon pou kontinyen fer li tan ki mon kapab zwe en rol valab dan lavenir sa Parti ki annan en leritaz revolisyoner. Sa Parti ki reprezant laspirasyon, lentere ek rev Seselwa. Mon travay dan Parti pou permet mwan reste konekte avek lepep. Mon pa pou abandonn zot!

Ser konpatriyot,

La ki mon pe kit fonksyon Prezidan Larepiblik, mon annan antet – e mon pou gard li dan mon leker e mon pou proklanm li fyerman – sa verse dan Nouvo Testaman: “Mon’n konbat bon konba, mon’n fini lakours, mon’n gard lafwa”.

Mon’n fer li dan mon fason! Yes, I did it my way!

Ki Bondye i kontinyen beni nou ek nou patri.

Mersi.

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/speeches.php?news_id=3144

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty “Let us benefit from the wisdom of two former Heads of State”- President Faure holds first meeting with President Michel and President Mancham

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:33 pm

“Let us benefit from the wisdom of two former Heads of State”- President Faure holds first meeting with President Michel and President Mancham

Mon, 17 October 2016

427 424 3
The President of the Republic of Seychelles, President Danny Rollen Faure held his first official meeting this morning at State House with two former Heads of State, President James Alix Michel and President James Richard Mancham. President France Albert Rene sent his best wishes to President Faure, as he was unable to attend the meeting on this occasion.

President Faure said that it is important that the first personalities he meets as the new President, are the former Heads of State, who have played a significant role in the history of Seychelles and that they will continue to do so in promoting Seychelles in international fora and also give advice on national development.

“I’m very happy to benefit from the wisdom of two former Heads of State, and I’m very happy that they have shown their willingness to continue to help Seychelles and my Government in the promotion of peace, security, the Blue Economy, and Climate Change, where we are very strong as a nation. So we will have two very important advocates in these fields,” said President Faure, following the meeting.

They discussed the importance of the structure of the State, several matters concerning international relations, as well as national reconciliation efforts.
http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3147

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Re: “Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:47 pm

‎Wavel Ramkalawan‎ to One Seychelles
20 hrs ·
Hi All.
First of all full respect for Ton Pat who represented the National Assembly in his capacity as Speaker.
However, I cannot accept the insults that were thrown at him. Sarjana, whose father is a respected priest in the Orthodox Church chose to quote the words of Jesus on the cross 'Father, forgive them for they know not
what they do' to insult the LDS. This is totally unacceptable. By doing so she was insulting the people of Seychelles who voted for us. Please respect the hospitality the people of Seychelles have offered you.
Secondly, for James Michel to insult Ton Pat for having left the party by stating that 'Mwan mon pa'n Zanmen trail mon parti', was again totally uncalled for. Ton Pat left the party not as a betrayal, but because he no longer believed in its principles.
Michel also insulted Mancham by stating that his was the revolutionary spirit, which of course marked the Coup D'Etat.
The big contradiction was Michel stating that he had no regrets and yet Danny presented a one line 'mon demann pardon'. Question is : Pardon for what if everything was ok? Is this not part of the contradiction?
Finally Michel has clearly confirmed he was a dictator. 'My way' is not how presidents govern. Instead in democracies it is 'the people's way' that matters.
He showed no respect for Rene and this surprised me.
Are we in for more words?
I am but a servant and it will be interesting to hear what you make of what is happening.
To conclude I need to state loud and clear that the LDS sees Mr. Danny Faure as a transitional president as we prepare to amend the Constitution and have fresh presidential elections. This is not my wish, but the LDS' wish.

Facebook

Comment - Dear Rev Wavel - I/we have read your distinguish reaction - for a change SBC and Radio Sezel worked and followed the event live. Note I/we have addressed you as Rev - this is in respect for the frock you use to wear and represented. It beneficial to note that then young Danny Faure had considered becoming a Priest - when our French ancestors left France, the wind, the sea to land in the Indian Ocean they had two thing to accompany them, the Bible/Holy scripture and the cross. During the storm you may see an Albatross not the Holy Spirit. The Cross and the Bible/Holy Scripture have not change. I/we are going to add the coat of arms of our community in EU and the Heraldic workings of Sechelle Seychelles - most very serious and learned Priest are trained to understand and know what it is all about , its purpose and functions. I/we needed the authorization many leading Heraldry and much more important the Vatican then Pope John Paul the ll involvement and contribution - A they were going through the relevant function we had this on our screen. The Seychelles police and Army/Defense Force, NGO's have to respect the high working of that Coat of Arms, beside others. ( That mega earthquake/Tsunami of 2004 when President JA Michel took Office was caused/triggered with the high heraldic working of that coat of arms. ) Have you listened to Ban Ki Moon comment over Haiti - my thread. This Heraldic workings belong to the same people /lot who landed in Seychelles 300 years ago. This Coat of arms works importantly with many/complicated of EU high mechanism and workings. The EU role that LDS is in the National Assembly. Your Party previous efforts.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/.../Sechelles%2Bheritage.

Comment -
http://www.seyeu.com/assets/images/eusey_arms.gif

Given the tone of the discussion - can we speak our mind - you have all listened to the many individuals who spoke at the Inauguration - beside what is published - President Elect Danny Faure given your age as President you ought to have a great deal of energy - there is some very unfinished business from President FA Rene era - why the change took place in USSR, the COMECON, OAU and Seychelles - they were about economic. changed Society and empowering the poor in a very different way - meanwhile those who played a key role they have gone into the desert or foret - we are talking of the Deutsche Bank, life in not about money only you have to do things for fun if one get some thing in the process good - how about you Team up we do a very crazy one, the people who run the Deutsche Bank - when it is done tell them to come to little Seychelles for a coconut water . Time is running out - refer to my Berlin 2015 thread. If/should all you/any of you ladies and gentle man wish to help you are very cordially invited. I think is a better comment or worse than yours. The Vatican also need much more help too, again any of your gentleman and ladies wiling to join us.
https://www.db.com/unitedkingdom/

Comment - For President elect Danny Faure -
http://www.very.co.uk/alcatel-idol-4.../1600100772.prd...

Comment -The vast majority who refused to know or did not know upon what ticket President JA Michel got to Office ( the great PM Cameron the super mess he landed in with the so call North Africa spring in reality - he would not listen and the so call super migrant/exile impact on the Britexit debacle and the might Britain is in super manure, EU - Trust President elect Danny Faure will be able to grasp and understand these President J A Michel knew/was aware of it either could not/would not intervene unlike President FA Rene, his capacity in collaboration with others - the African Union know of this situation, China and Russia - India, President Mancham understand reasonably well and his capacity )
http://www.warmuseums.nl/gal/103gal.htm

Comment - We are allergic/dislike and have a distastes for overly abuse and use of that "satanic rage/rave mechanism/CJD crack vibe why and how the SIDA epidemic was unleashed on the world back in 1988 - time and time having warned those involved to to stop - the filth media and the so call experts - President Mbeki got wise to it. As a teenager attended the SDA Church in Mount Ruenzori and the Catholic Church during school/college Days. Had a friendly contact with the white Nuns, they kept an eye on my young person - much more important belong to the few then who had been educated by a former Makereke Prof. Since going to Europe exile over the years many academic and other linked issue - much more when we became an Executive of Prof Dr Micheal Hofmann IMI Vienna and was granted the Charter for the Indian Ocean because I could not return to Seychelles the cross hybrid of High Interdisciplinary Management I have developed over the years and applied them across the world and at very high level of global and world workings. Including the Vatican, the Orthodox church, Jewish, Muslim and Templar working. State House current occupant will have to come to term with these.(Across the world this morning the very many grave situation and in Calais in particular he fate of those 10,000 exile refugees in the first place the utter corrupted political practice started/triggered these situation)
http://assets.inhabitat.com/.../baobab-tree-africa-3...

Comment -This is a market in Kasese Uganda - was looking for some roasted monkey, rats, snail, fish, and locust - green banana - "bitakoula" other edible -they also sold banana beer as school children we bought it / https://whereugandaray.files.wordpress.com/.../mahwa...

Comment - We remember and those who did when FA Rene, Mr Sinon and Mr Loiseau came to Kilembe to explain our political situation in Seychelles to the many Families working for the Mine then - i am going to take a leaf from President Mancham I helped the Chinese go back and take over that Mine liked to that SIROP program the content of that Program - the untold issues of the Asian Uganda and events from London. This Market is in Kampala - President elect Danny Faure and his brother got into President FA Rene government on the Back, recommended because of that SIROP program he is till alive and can be interviewed, along with others. *If Rev Wavel do not know how to comport will request he be sent to Uganda to buy some smoked fish from the Kasese Market" https://notesfromcamelidcountry.files.wordpress.com/...

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty President Danny Faure announces senior State House appointments

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:34 pm

President Danny Faure announces senior State House appointments

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3148

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Handover of power, speech by President James Alix Michel, State House, October 16, 2016

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:49 am

Handover of power, speech by President James Alix Michel, State House, October 16, 2016

18-October-2016
‘Thank you for the contribution to my accomplishments for our country’

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251475

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:04 pm

We are not drunk, taken drug or smoke weeds or eaten mushrooms - those who toy and play with that infernal satanic/demoniac mechanism they should save in big letter what we are about to say - how many remembers Madamme Bareau and her Sunday shopping - she supposedly kept ghost which she fed from the entrails and what she bought from the market - as children we would spend Sunday morning pipping in her big basket - now we had three big cousin grand father St Louis side very closely related to the Faure and Julie Family other - they had two type of Avocado trees on their property - upon the death of my Chinese grand father brother in-law the vigil was done at the grand parent house St Louis, the card playing, the domino and the prayers and song. They were closely related to Guy Agate family and Jonas, some of them descale close body guard of former President FA Rene - now the super part for current State House new occupant and Staff - two of the young ladies worked at State House then and Mr Mathew a chef - at this vigil they decided to play a very dirty trick on my person - as children it was the norm to do and carry errand as they say in English - we were called by one of the older cousin and given a large vacois bag and told to take it to the House and a member of that family - when we got there this is late at night was told they knew nothing and did not want the bag take it back - we did and the older cousin decide to be ugly, nasty they said we never gave those bags and we were stuck/holding the bag and crying. Other terrible things took place during the night vigil - I later studied the discipline associated, para science and pleaded with everybody do not try and play this kind of game with my person - that Vacois big bag is at State House now" now you all go and drink you Baka, take you weed, grass and drug and mushroom - trust the French Intelligence, the British, Israeli, Russian, Chinese, US and South African like our little story" The MNA should stand in the national Assembly and relate this story, question it and the chief Justice be told too. Then go and tell it on SBC.

http://ignca.nic.in/images/cft2/medium/bcft152d.jpg
IGNCA.NIC.IN

http://www.reunion.fr/actual.../le-vacoa-dans-tous-ses-etats

Le vacoa dans tous ses états

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty 4th Rep of Seychelles president address the National Assembly

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:39 pm

Danny FOR addressing the National Assembly! A very polished and well versed speech which looks to evoke hope and promise for democracy in Seychelles. HOWEVER we have entered a new age in Seychelles, all activities will be under a microscope to ensure that they deliver 'exactly what it says on the tin'. Time will be the Judge and the Opposition will be the jury. #NoGames

https://youtu.be/d7lt0G7s-JQ

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Senior officials from Office of the President assume new responsibilities

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Senior officials from Office of the President assume new responsibilities

Tue, 18 October 2016

Following the announcement of senior appointments in the President's Office yesterday, State House would like to clarify that the following former senior officials have assumed new responsibilities in the office of Former President James Alix Michel;

1. Secretary General in the Office of the President- Mrs. Lise Bastienne

2. Chief Press Secretary- Ms. Srdjana Janosevic

3. Principal Secretary for President's Office Administration and Finance- Ms. Pamela Payet

4. Chief of Presidential Protocol- Mr. Gervais Moumou

5. Personal Assistant to the President- Ms. Doreen Monthy

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3150

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:01 pm

How very interesting - the posting of the herd of cows and the cheese, the Labrador and now this Anglia and our/my crazy replies -

This car plays a key part in Harry Potter films ( those who got the wind of things from where,  think very hard people and she made £million from her books)in this picture there is a dog and the two ladies - talking of DUKE.

The True story - Judge EJ Stiven Car was busted at Cascade against Mr Lau Tee cinnamon lorry parked on the bend about 500 meter form Cascade police station - then Inspector Legra/Roucou!.  He had come round the bend from a state House party/Cocktail, the lorry did not have light and he rammed the lorry off the road in the sea - Mr Lau Tee was informed and they got together and did an out of court settlement - by purchasing a similar Mark 8 Jaguar from Mombasa Black to replace the busted one which was parked in the large go-down we had build for a boat then came the Airport construction. ( Acting chief Jutice E J Stiven had been Selected and appointed to try a very famous case then - available in court /police national records - some hinted that accident was linked to the Trial  and the debacle of Mr Tindle Bisco/Brisco and those who wanted to assasinate Judge/Magisgtrate and others - those involved)

On the right hand side of the road was/is the entrance of the Chetty Family - other uncle and aunt they were in the fishing business. The father worked for Jivan, the son/cousin,  Andre for the PWD and he/they knew Judge E J Stiven - they were/are family related and they heard of the accident. Further on the right hand side the Chinese Family - later in exile, had known them as children, the Lafortune garage Franck and the Ernestine formerly from East Africa,  Family who did most of our repairs and Golden Eggs

I had been learning to drive, whilst waiting we had the use of government car and Mr Nariman Pardiwalla car was parked in front of Temooljhi - learning to reverse nearly ran into it. I believe I have also driven that car beside other car of that Company.

The amusing thing I had a Seychelles and International driving License 12345 when I wrote and contacted Seychelles Police they said I never exited and never had a driving licence in Seychelles. Mr Clay Delpech - Inspector passed my Test. Then brother of ex Minister/speaker Pat Pillay in the Traffic Department.

https://youtu.be/d7lt0G7s-JQ

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/20/8e/b5/208eb53d829eb1fdf2481ae5259d433f.jpg

Obviously in Sechelles Seychelles you cannot be bothered with these comments - however my personal role/impute that those India entities acquired the Brand Jaguar car - then PM Blair government - we have been confronted with the latest model of Jaguar too. The massive Goodwill those who know what we are talking about just do not vanish and disintegrate and the vast majority is Seychelles do not know and understand these topic. How it works and they why.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:34 pm

We have addressed at Seyafrique the debacle of our Uganda born 4th Republic President - first thing as children when we had dispute we called each other terrible name to those born of the family from East Africa, the stigma - there are those saying President Danny Faure is arrogant - they have failed to read and study the specific characteristic of those Seychellois born in East Africa and who lived and had to work their - now how many remembers Mr Joe Monchouguy for many years his position in PWD and seniority - had it not been for his good knowledge and understanding of human the father of Hon Wavel Wankalawan would never have got the promotion he did along with others, He Hon Wavel not become the person he have become - his view then and he had lived, worked and married in East Africa and his children were suppose to be super arrogant - He would have been very pleased that a Seychellois of East Africa birth made it to the 4th Republic President -

Who wrote this piece of Judge EJ Stiven manure - not true.

http://www.slta.sc/?page_id=27

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Leaders from the two political parties, Linyon Democratik Seselwa (LDS) and Parti Lepep (PL) met at State House this morning to discuss on the modality of future meetings between the two sides.
LDS delegation was led by the party leader Roger Mancienne whilst newly sworn in president Danny Faure led the PL team.
This is the first rencontre between the two sides since the country entered its the first cohabitation scenario of its political history since the return of multiparty politics.
LSH will bring you further details about the meeting later today.

https://www.facebook.com/LeSeychellois/photos/pcb.1209137125817259/1209135102484128/?type=3&theater

Comment Facebook
To those in that Seychelles who choose to ignore - you do not know what took place in Egypt because we do not write about it, the very sick global media   and in Kenya the blood bath and the debacle of ICC, they fuy we prefer to call it - the early stage of United Opposition - what was driving the dynamism,  their politic and protest  and what they told the uneducated/unkowledge Seychelles it was all their doing  - any entity when they take /acquire power and choose to defend it with lies sooner  they come down unless they use the army. In Seychelles the vast majority who is not aware of Europe and world reality - the major contribution of EU high Institutions that we are in the political process we are - long before those of you were talking of corruption we were bombarding the USA high powers, the EU and others - we have capacity when required to move very important  and demanding resolve - being diplomatic to drive the point home. Those of you in the national Assembly who fail/lack the capacity to understand what we are saying. You all fail to note what we are expressing - hence we say it will take very little to dissolve that LDS coalition, because we played a major role in putting it together  - so we pray, plead with everybody keep you cool negotiate in a manner that would reflect our ancestral value - the Region is on a knife edge, just a few mistakes and the world could face terrible development  and in Seychelles their relevancy  - those in Europe and the USA, China, Russia aware. ( For one we are supposed to be good Christian  and we go to pray  and listen to God direction - the terrible exile/refugees flood last year to Europe and what it cost and the future of Europe/fate  - certain mechanism was allowed to come into play to stress to the world the relevancy of that SIROP core program - "Dr Henry Kissinger one of the high party in that SIROP program from USA prospective know what/the capacity of this mechanism"  - it had been patched together by them - the panic which ensued and our role to reengaged - instead of the gathering we had requested - they picked out   the immediate problematic to be solved link/associated with that program- the three mega UN exile/refugees  and sustainable development - the mess had to become very terrible.  Then came the Vienna Gathering on Exile and Africa sustainable development - you in that Seychelles are our brothers and sisters  and you responsibilities - for once comport with some sanity - the UN three summit have laid out what is to be done and how it is to be done - the same the EU in South Africa - there is  a modest dynamic, these are the dynamic/leverage/synergy/gearing mechanic  which ought to be introduced and build into the talk with the government/PL and LDS  and the above said Seychelles the government, LDS, those political entities who did not join the coalition need to engage with in the Frame work/road map of the UN and EU en-devour a measure of development  related to that/those 25,000 Seychelles exile in a manner the UN, EU would respond and the rest of the world, Russia, China. The alternative - we will have to respond in a measured way to the UN and EU exile/refugees - Africa sustainable development - this SIROP program is alive and very active, in imputing from Europe in UN and EU road Map, leverage mechanism, synergy mechanism and thematic put into place with our involvement and participation and after such hard effort getting the political entities, the Church and NGO to work with us what may ensue - we are very aware of the economic dimension - ultimately we will decided what we want and bypass you. These are not pleasant thought working approach to entertain - you good people in that Seychelles do not understand and appreciate the gravity of the situation. )

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th Empty Anse Royale - Hon Flory Larue(LDS) Proportionately Elected Member intervention national assembly 20/10/16

Post  Sirop14 Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:42 am

Anse Royale - Hon Flory Larue(LDS) Proportionately Elected Member

4th - 6th National Assembly debate Thursday 20/10/16 replying to 4th Republic President Danny R Faure address to the National Assembly Tuesday 18/10/16

We do not have a copy of the broadcast online by Radio Sesel - SBC, the media in Seychelles and across the world specially US, Canada, Quebec, South Africa, Europe, Australia aware that a transcript can be made available upon request.

In particular the UN/UNHCR, the EU respective DG for exile/refugees, the Commonwealth, the Vatican - Catholic NGO, respective global NGO's - African Union relevant institution Office for exile/refugee - other world bodies and relevant Institutions.

It is the first time we heard in a National debate in the national Assembly any MNA or Minister address the burning topic of those 25,000 exile/refugees, their fate and associated reason for their exile and ongoing government politic and policies the past 40 years against them their Right, cultural value, children and grand children. The negative attitude and position, benchmark of LUNGOS and the new Body to support Seychelles government politic and policy.

On behalf of those 25,000 exile/refugees we have been battling for some 40 years inclusive of that historic SIROP voluntary repatriation program initiated in 1986/7 - the value of $800 million - the undertaking by President FA Rene government to allow the return of Multi party.

The mega corruption associated and abuse and current situation, our request and demand a UN, EU or African Union report/evaluation as is the International norm the past 15 year.

The complex politic and economic interlink and associated

The death, the wars and collateral fallout

Other MNA have began to talk of social value, equal Right, Human right, Abuse, persecutions, exclusion - never mentioning those, the terrible fate of those 25,000 exile/refuge from Seychelles across the world.

We congratulate and acknowledge, Anse Royale - Hon Flory Larue(LDS) Proportionately Elected Member for her candor, strength of personality, determination and time to address terrible situation in the National Assembly today.

We know that many of the world above mention bodies, high Official and Institutions would be very interested to listen or read part of that Intervention with a view to following up and updating their information and file - knowledge.

We trust the Seychelles media and the Indian Ocean will for once take up content of that transcript and publish them on behalf of those 25,000 exile/refugees from Seychelles. To note we have also written to the Seychelles government, Minister on the modality to encourage the return and repatriation of those exile that wishes to return in line with the UN, EU, African Union and the Church NGO' recommendation. Beside adequate compensation for those who have return, developing the appropriate national resource and space to support them and their integration - Appropriate body to represent and defend their rights and Lobby, including public building space. Further to compensate their loss a due National economic plan as outline a national Bond be issued to support this to be traded on the Seychelles stock Market/exchange.

http://nationalassembly.sc/index.php/your-parliamentarians/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next