Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Opinion - Forgiveness is a key to peace

Post  Sirop14 Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Opinion - Forgiveness is a key to peace

20-October-2016
Most of our people found the time yesterday to listen to President Danny Faure’s address to the National Assembly wherein he stated that good governance, transparency and responsibility will be the order of the day during his presidency.
On the whole President Faure’s address was very well received. While during most of his speech, the leader of the opposition my friend, the Hon. Wavel Ramkalawan projected the image of a tiger about to leap, the nation was certainly comforted with the picture of a relaxed Ramkalawan in the company of President Faure and his brother Barry in an extremely relaxed and joyful mood (see photo Nation Wednesday 19th October on page 9) taken during the reception which the Hon. Speaker Mr Patrick Pillay had organised to get the parties together. In the background we saw also the photo of a smiling Hon. Ahmed Afif who appears to be most contented with the engagement. We hope that this is the beginning of a “forgiving process in the national interest”.
In today’s secular world and with many people writing about a scientific approach to peace and with the many academic institutions that offer intellectual approaches to conflict resolution and peace, it is often forgotten that to bring peace, you must have a change of heart. That is, you must change a person’s heart, perhaps from hate and anger to love and compassion. Many of the world’s greatest peacemakers today are the Nobel Peace Laureates, whose faith has propelled them into understanding this simple truth.
For example only a few days ago the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia for his work to create a peace deal with the FARC in Colombia, a 52-year-old war which has killed 220,000 people and caused over 5 million Colombians to leave their homes.
At that time President and Nobel Peace Laureate Santos said “Making peace is much more difficult than making war because you need to change sentiments of people, people who have suffered, to try and persuade them to forgive”.
As a matter of fact when the peace agreement negotiated by President Santos was submitted to a referendum, a small majority of Colombians rejected it. It is President Santos’ decision to stick to the peace agreement notwithstanding the result of the referendum which justified his award of the Noble Peace Prize this year.
When Germany and France after decades of confrontational relations and the feeling of hate for each other saw Charles de Gaulle and Konrad Adenauer going for a peace treaty between Germany and France, these two gentlemen were not traitors but two visionary national statesmen.
In Seychelles if the will of the political parties is to see a stable and orderly Seychelles embarking on the road of reconciliation in order to consolidate and secure our reputation as an oasis of peace in an otherwise troubled world, the leadership of all political parties should engage themselves in a constructive dialogue to ease the current political tension in the spirit of Seychelles First.
The ugliness of civil disturbance is clearly reflected in what is happening in South Africa at this time which has caused many Seychellois students at universities fleeing back home following current prevailing unrest and protests at their campuses.
God did not give us this “paradise” for us to behave as if we are in hell. Our leaders must surely keep this in mind if they are sincerely and faithfully interested to serve the larger picture of the national interest. Nobody will win in a collision of the two dividing forces, only Seychelles will lose its peaceful image and we will no longer be able to claim that we are “un petit bijoux dans l”ocean”.

James R. Mancham

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty La Région Normandie va commander 40 trains neufs à Bombardier fin novembre

Post  Sirop14 Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:41 pm

La Région Normandie va commander 40 trains neufs à Bombardier fin novembre -

(I/we request state House, President Danny Faure to study this posting not the National Assembly - they need the fire brigade of Seychelles to wash down the place) - this part of major Seychelles ongoing debacle - when we write we played an important role in the LDS coalition and they in the National Assembly - we could have worked the situation very differently -

http://www.paris-normandie.fr/.../la-region-normandie-va...#

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Government and SIFCO to join in genuine partnership in dealing with societal matters

Post  Sirop14 Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Government and SIFCO to join in genuine partnership in dealing with societal matters

President Danny Faure met with the Chairman and some members of the Seychelles Inter-faith Council  (SIFCO), today at State House.

President Danny Faure commanded the Council members for the way they have joined together different religious groups in the creation of this structure. He expressed the interest to work with the Council in uniting Seychelles, making positive changes and moving the country forward.

“I honestly believe that collectively we have a golden opportunity to do the right thing for our country and I am prepared to make myself available to work together with you as a collective organization to address some of the issues that you consider as persisting or burning issues. I know that as an organization, SIFCO, you do have a similar approach because I don’t think it was easy when you created this organization. I really value the efforts you have made collectively in bringing all of you together as an interfaith organization structure,” said the President during the meeting.

President Faure and the SIFCO delegation discussed various issues such as the prevention of drugs and alcohol abuse, national healing and reconciliation, victimization, the promotion of spiritual values among the youths, access to information, law and order in the country, rehabilitation programmes among others.

President welcomed the various contributions from SIFCO and other civil society whereby he said that the government will now need to build greater partnerships in dealing with social ills affecting the country. He expressed his wish to remain in contact with SIFCO on a frequent basis.

“It will be a policy of my government that all matters of societal importance, we will structure government to open up and build the alliance with SIFCO. The alliance has to be based on genuine partnership, whereby the winners are the people that we work for,” informed President Faure.

The Chairman of SIFCO, the Catholic Bishop of the Diocese of Port Victoria, Mgr. Denis Wiehe welcomed the decision of the President to collaborate with the Council as important partners in the decision making on social matters and policies.

“I was happy by the way the President talked and welcomed our questions on various subjects concerning our society. I think at this moment we are at a crossroad in our society and we have to take the right road for the future. The President said that the government will take us on board as partners and this is very encouraging for us. It was very positive meeting,” said Bishop Wiehe.

Also present at the meeting this morning was the Secretary of State Cabinet Affairs, Mr. Mohammed Afif and the Deputy Cabinet Secretary, Mrs. Jeanne Simeon.

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3157

Comment Facebook -

In that our Sechelles Seychelles we do not only require/need a radical clean up of our government intuition/politic - foremost those running God's Church Affair - time and we have stated our ancestor left Europe for the Indian Ocean with a Cross and the Bible under their arm and their faith. At the core of that SIROP program is our belief, faith and christian values. This/these played a key factor and role in changing the COMECON, USSR, China, Africa, Latin America and Asia. Including the important impact on Islam. Over the past years the many email message to that organization about our working and developing situation their respective reaction. ( Time is running out on the world and humanity terrible benchmark - I have worked with Vatican, the Templar and the Orthodox Church at very high level for the past 30 years) We have addressed certain state working over public platform which is not the norm - our exasperation. In particular that SIROP program. It took the person of Anse Royal MNA Hon Floire Larue - proportionally elected to address briefly in creole the fate of those 25,000 exile/refugee from Seychelles 20/10/16. Those representing the church ought to be very ashamed of their values and their benchmark/position adopted toward that SIROP program and the fate of those 25,000 exile/refugees from Seychelles -

Excuse us - this 950 year of Norman Invasion being celebrated in England, Normandy, Canada, Quebec, USA, Australia and the Norman /Brittany family of the Indian Ocean - the foremost undertaking of the Norman when they came over to build the Cathedral and churches place of worship - remember their Origin, they had come from the North of Europe, Scandinavia, again their Spiritual belief.

Last edited by Sirop14 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Re: “Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th

Post  Sirop14 Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Anse Royale - Hon Flory Larue(LDS) Proportionately Elected Member

4th - 6th National Assembly debate Thursday 20/10/16 replying to 4th Republic President Danny R Faure address to the National Assembly Tuesday 18/10/16

We do not have a copy of the broadcast online by Radio Sesel - SBC, the media in Seychelles and across the world specially US, Canada, Quebec, South Africa, Europe, Australia aware that a transcript can be made available upon request.

In particular the UN/UNHCR, the EU respective DG for exile/refugees, the Commonwealth, the Vatican - Catholic NGO, respective global NGO's - African Union relevant institution Office for exile/refugee - other world bodies and relevant Institutions.

It is the first time we heard in a National debate in the national Assembly any MNA or Minister address the burning topic of those 25,000 exile/refugees, their fate and associated reason for their exile and ongoing government politic and policies the past 40 years against them their Right, cultural value, children and grand children. The negative attitude and position, benchmark of LUNGOS and the new Body to support Seychelles government politic and policy.

On behalf of those 25,000 exile/refugees we have been battling for some 40 years inclusive of that historic SIROP voluntary repatriation program initiated in 1986/7 - the value of $800 million - the undertaking by President FA Rene government to allow the return of Multi party.

The mega corruption associated and abuse and current situation, our request and demand a UN, EU or African Union report/evaluation as is the International norm the past 15 year.

The complex politic and economic interlink and associated

The death, the wars and collateral fallout

Other MNA have began to talk of social value, equal Right, Human right, Abuse, persecutions, exclusion - never mentioning those, the terrible fate of those 25,000 exile/refuge from Seychelles across the world.

We congratulate and acknowledge, Anse Royale - Hon Flory Larue(LDS) Proportionately Elected Member for her candor, strength of personality, determination and time to address terrible situation in the National Assembly today.

We know that many of the world above mention bodies, high Official and Institutions would be very interested to listen or read part of that Intervention with a view to following up and updating their information and file - knowledge.

We trust the Seychelles media and the Indian Ocean will for once take up content of that transcript and publish them on behalf of those 25,000 exile/refugees from Seychelles. To note we have also written to the Seychelles government, Minister on the modality to encourage the return and repatriation of those exile that wishes to return in line with the UN, EU, African Union and the Church NGO' recommendation. Beside adequate compensation for those who have return, developing the appropriate national resource and space to support them and their integration - Appropriate body to represent and defend their rights and Lobby, including public building space. Further to compensate their loss a due National economic plan as outline a national Bond be issued to support this to be traded on the Seychelles stock Market/exchange.

http://nationalassembly.sc/index.php/your-parliamentarians/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty President Faure calls for a more pragmatic Foreign Policy that connects to the reality of the lives of the People of Seychelles

Post  Sirop14 Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:31 pm

President Faure calls for a more pragmatic Foreign Policy that connects to the reality of the lives of the People of Seychelles

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3158

Comment Facebook

Had the Presidential election been different in 2015 the fate of all our current Ambassador - we stress whatever your education - after years of protest to the world - EU contribution that development occurred in SPPF/PL - the Presidential and the National Assembly election - the world is in a super mess and the very terrible situation with the exile refugees - we got down this road because of corruption, terrible benchmark. To many of you whatever form of education take time think of the world situation back in 1987 and the current global situation in particular the exile/refugees explosive situation.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Re: “Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th

Post  Sirop14 Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:20 pm

Today in Seychelles
10 hrs ·
Politics
Ending 'Pas Baton'
A. De Giorgio
The leadership of the Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) along with the Leader of the Opposition met with the President Danny Faure at State House yesterday morning. Amongst the topics discussed was the amendment of Article 55 (1) of the Constitution which allowed two previous presidents to pass on their presidency to their vice presidents, locally known as 'Pas Baton' (relay).
After almost a decade since representatives from the Opposition
have been to State House, yesterday's meeting was seen by many observers as a promising step forward for democracy. Following the meeting, President Faure stated that both sides had had the opportunity to talk about the nation's future, which can only benefit from the two finding common ground and working together in the best interest of the Seychellois nation.
Speaking to the local press, President Faure said the meeting had served as a stepping stone to build a relationship and learn more about each other's plans. He said that among the many topics discussed, the landmark for Seychelles is the proposed amendment of Article 55 (1) of the Constitution. "As the whole nation is aware, I've become the President through this law. I understand that there are mixed emotions about this law and I feel that Seychelles is now experiencing a new political environment which demands a revision of this law," he said.
TODAY spoke with the Leader of the Opposition, Wavel Ramkalawan, who also qualified the meeting as “fruitful.” He did not reveal much of what had been discussed between the two sides but admitted that he expected this morning's session on the National Assembly to be “eventful.” "The amendment of Article 55
(1) represents a huge step forward towards democracy and
agreeing to do amend it shows that the President is trying to live up to his speech of good governance, transperancy and accountability," said the Leader of the Opposition.
Members of the Sixth National Assembly will be in session this
morning when they are expected to look at the proposed candidate
for the position of Vice President and vote upon it. The portfolio responsibilities of the office of the Vice President will include the departments of Information, the Blue Economy, and investment and industry, as well as the ICT department. The department for risk and disaster management will remain under the same portfolio until it gains full autonomy. It will also be responsible for religious affairs, civil society and the inner and outer islands. Speculation has so far placed Minister Jean-Paul Adam as the most probable candidate since the Blue economy forms part of the Vice President's responsibilities.
According to the Constitution, Minister Vincent Meriton ceased to be the Designated Minister as from last Sunday. Under Article 66A of the Constitution, the new President can appoint a Vice President subject to approval by the National Assembly. This also applies to the position of Designated Minister. The same article states that the Designated Minister immediately ceases to be so and the President must designate a person, who can be the previous designated minister for approval by the National Assembly. Minister Meriton could be reappointed, subject to the National Assembly approval. The twelve ministers of the president’s new cabinet will be known today.
https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/posts/1127514690619673:0

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:52 pm

We  got insulted/told off this morning by former elite of Seychelles police Working/International Police workings  questioning where is the Knight in White-shining Armour instead of riding on  a very confused Turtle.

Yesterday we added at the 4th Presidential republic collection a picture, beside the Vatican and Berlin,  former French, PM Remond Barre also a senior commissioner of the EU,  born in  the Indian Ocean Reunion Island.

How many recall the start of the first Radio Freedom Radio  to have live /via YouTube about the corruption - the person who started it and the why - typical of Seychelles specially the majority with the tendency to take other credit and then ignore and discredit others - the very terrible practice in that Seychelles.  Then we talk of our Illuminati workings being polite here.  We state then what was being said, broadcast was just the tip of the Iceberg and that complicated SIROP $800 million program.  Until 2012, we only used Forum, Myspace, Blog to share some of the workings and information.  After the Historic protocol between Seychelles and Mauritius - that young Mauritius female athlete who energized me to put that SIROP portal online  and She moved on to Paris.  We/I had written very many In Mauritius, past PM, President, the Court, the Police, the Anti corruption, the NGO, the church, COI, the RIM Association, the Freemason, some of the big Multinational in Mauritius.  Three leading firm of chartered account and their Chamber of Commerce, leading Lawyers, their media an New paper   - the role and functionality of that SIROP/impact on Mauritius development, high politic  and functionality the past 25 years.  I have copies of those correspondence and many other have too.

Then came Mrs/Ms Flori Larue to do and carry the interview and those in Canada - their Radio station interviews  and broadcast.  In particular former Minister Pat Pillay Interviews and former Central Bank Mr Affif.   I/we kept stressing that was just the tip of the Iceberg.

From Europe for the past 15 years have been asking/demanding a review of that Program  as is the norm across the world from UN, EU African Union.  There are vast many issues of that Program linked with President JA Michel government, economic development, program social and Internationale and bilateral working.

We/I also challenge the Law and Bar Association of Seychelles for their terrible benchmark and attitude before those broadcast had started.
Law firm Pardiwalla, Towmey, Lablach correspondences from us over that SIROP program  and the effort by chief Justice from Uganda -- the last to set up  Arbitration mechanism among the challenge, issue to debate the issue of that SIROP program - our request from many parties in Seychelles -  question do these MNA suddenly think they are more important, more capable than the Court of Seychelles and it Justice system.

Many question our/my reaction upon the National Assembly outcome an the first sitting.

My question this Sunday morning do you take/thing the UN are more daft/stupid, idiotic than all those sitting in the Assembly - events leading to the these very important UN summit on refugees, exile and refugees - irrelevant what Seychelles government tabled.

Are they more knowledgeable than the EU Commission and the heads of government of Europe - their summit in Vienna on Refugee, Exile, Migration and sustainable development - just like all of you wound up president JA Michel on growing fish  and his Blue Economy - are you wanting to go down the road of in inventing  your own concept of growing fish on Mars/or Jupiter  and seeking fame on the back of that SROP program.

This said we published that it was the first time we listened an MNA address briefly about the fate of those 25,000 exile/refugees from Seychelles and their offspring acros the world.

Part of the reason we have worked a very great deal to develop an effective NGO working in that Seychelles because of politic and politician irrelevant what party - their terrible attitude/benchmark. The downgrading  of NGO working under President JA Michel in Seychelles. In Europe and the USA or Australia their role.

Suddenly we have a situation in Seychelles where by those in the National Assembly think/believe they have become the answerable/relevant institution body for the Seychelles  nation and those their comportment on social media.  This is causing massive distraction.

Nobody siting in that National Assembly can stop those exile/refugees from Seychelles setting up  legal and duly registered/recognize  branch of SIROP in Seychelles and working their respective thematic under the UN, EU  and African Union, the Church NGO' -  respective protocol - Getting the funds and resource. Yet the very reason the EU became involved and help bring about the development so that the Political entities and Power develop a very marked and different approach and benchmark to working that SIROP program. In particular the government.  The mountain of Europe which inspired us to develop that SIROP make our mountain look like hills.

The question we want to ask every body including MNA Hon Florie Larue what will it require /take to motion/table a proper debate of any length on that SIROP program given that we do not have a registered Office - this Program is not properly registered in Seychelles.  Part and aspect of the war raging in our region is/being  linked to that Program and very may terrible economic woes and in particular the mega exile/refugees and migrant current debacle - The mechanism associated  over the pat 25 years the many governments, President, PM and Ministers, political system/parties  we have been involved in bringing about and getting rid of/

The wise  approach would be however unhappy many are with the outcome of the three mega UN gathering and the EU to develop and put into place some kind of policy and politic liked to that SIROP program and the fate of those 25,000 exile/refugees form Seychelles across the world.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Bunche of gumbo - crack pot out there Bring all our Retired Freemason and Templar from London and dare tell us that SIROP program was not involved, equally all the loony in Paris, Rome, Berlin and Amsterdam -

How Margaret Thatcher's Big Bang could protect the City from Brexit, 30 years on
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/10/23/how-margaret-thatchers-big-bang-could-protect-the-city-from-brex/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Politique étrangère des Seychelles

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:27 pm

Politique étrangère des Seychelles

24-October-2016
Danny Faure, Président de la République, assiste à la conférence des consuls honoraires des Seychelles que l’Hôtel Savoy Resort & Spa de Beau Vallon accueille pendant trois jours, du 24 au 26 octobre 2016.
Ces personnalités représentent et assistent l’archipel et ses ressortissants dans une centaine de pays des cinq continents. Cette conférence est organisée tous les deux ans. La précédente reunion s’est tenue en avril 2014 et coïncidait avec la tenue du carnaval international. Cette fois-ci c’est le Festival Kreol qui sert de toile de fond.

Les premiers consuls datent de l’Antiquité
Dans la Grèce antique, à Rome ou même en Egypte ainsi d’ailleurs que dans tous les pays ou les commerces étaient florissants, les ressortissants étrangers qui se déplaçaient pour vendre leurs produits étaient représentés par des personnes de leur pays d’origine ou tout simplement par un individu considéré comme intègre et en qui chacun avait confiance en cas de litige ou d’infraction.
Ces hommes de bonne réputation étaient appelés consuls. Dans les ports, les grand marchés et là où il y avait des tractations financières, ces hommes faisaient autorités. Par la suite, cette fonction allait non pas disparaître mais devait s’exercer de façon différente. Les Etats allaient faire appel aux consuls afin de représenter leur pays sur le plan économique et culturel mais également pour venir en aide à ses ressortissants en cas de problèmes majeurs.
Afin de leur donner un réel statut, l’Organisation des Nations Unies et différentes entités commerciales, culturelles et humanitaires décidaient que les consuls honoraires bénéficieraient dorénavant d’un statut spécial et seraient protégés dans l’exercice de leur fonction. Ces immunités sont d’ailleurs prévues par la convention de Vienne en Autriche du 24 Avril 1963 sur les relations consulaires.

Les Ambassadeurs et les Consuls sont placés sous la tutelle du Président de la République
Afin que le pays soit représenté avec les nations avec qui il entretient d’excellentes relations bilatérales, des ambassades ont été créés. L’Ambassadeur est le représentant officiel du Président de la république auprès de l’Etat d’accueil mais également avec les organisations internationales telles l’ONU, l’UNESCO, l’UNION EUROPEENNE et bien d’autres entités. Dans l’exercice de ses fonctions « son excellence » terme utilisé pour dénommer l’ambassadeur, fait appel a des conseillers culturels, économiques et consuls.
Dans de grands pays il existe même des conseillers militaires et des consuls généraux qui s’occupent d’Etat Civil et des visas d’entrée. Toutes ces personnes accréditées par le pays d’accueil sont reconnues comme diplomates. Les consuls honoraires ne bénéficient pas du titre de diplomate et bien sûr ne sont pas rémunérés. Ces personnes sont recrutées par l’ambassadeur lui-même qui les propose au Président de la République qui en cas d’agrément, sollicite son homologue afin d’obtenir la nomination officielle de ce nouveau consul.  Bien sûr la requête d’un casier judiciaire vierge et des activités réalisées en direction des Seychelles sont indispensables pour le candidat à ce poste consulaire.

Le discours du Président Danny Faure est très attendu
Ce matin après l’allocution de bienvenue de Joël Morgan, le Ministre des Affaires étrangères et des Transports, Danny Faure, le Président de la République, prononcera le discours d’ouverture. Cette intervention est très importante et prouve que le nouveau président ne veut rien laisser de côté. En effet, M. Faure accorde une même attention à tous les sujets. Les affaires étrangères représentent tous les secteurs d’activités représentés par les douze ministères envisagés et qui d’ailleurs ont été proposés aux responsables du peuple que sont les Députés. Pendant les trois jours les Ambassadeurs en poste à l’étranger ainsi que plusieurs ministres, secrétaires et directeurs généraux seront présents. La stratégie nationale du développement, la promotion de l’économie, le rôle des Seychelles face au changement climatique, l’environnement et l’énergie seront au programme de ces journées studieuses. Bien sûr les deux grands secteurs économiques que sont le tourisme et la pèche seront passés au peigne fin. Il en est de même pour les petites et moyennes entreprises pourvoyeuses d’emploi. Les secteurs politiques et juridiques seront également examinés et notamment cette Constitution pourtant très précise qui a fait beaucoup parlé ces dernières semaines.
Avec un tel programme très complet tous les consuls honoraires de la planète vont repartir dans leur pays avec un maximum d’informations qu’ils pourront fournir à tous ceux qui souhaitent découvrir ce magnifique pays que sont les Seychelles.

Francis Herbet
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251543

Comment - We were not even going to bother post or comment on them lot - we say correctly them lot. For the past two weeks the large population of the Island having listened to the 6th National Assembly debated and President Danny Faure address to the national assembly - the principal topic Corruption, Drug, Abuse of power/Exclusion etc., . (We/I have cleaned cow shed/paddock, pig sty and chicken coop of Judge EJ Stiven - when  I had to delegate the work and noticed they had done a bad job would tell them/worker - Manager  off)

It would do well for our delegation of Consuls sitting at that/their conference to replay and listen loud some of the core arguments, accusations and points made even if they are in creole.

For the past 25 years leading to event in Europe and the world and end of the cold war and that SIROP program/return of multi party  and Seychelles foreign politic - how these Consul they have used their position and privilege to better themselves, their friend and associates at the expense of the Seychelles and Seychellois   and then the crap they tell the Nation and have it broadcast. (What about the fate of those 25,000 exile/refugee from Seychelles their Rights)  In Europe the gap which exist between our respective community working and those Hon Consul - the constant raw we are encroaching on their Turf and responsibility - most of them cannot be bothered to read the EU directive on Ethnic communities  and their Right, Culture, directives and the very long list.

We are not African  and all those who have at one time or another dealt with our Consul know - unless you are as smart and good/effective as they are they treat you with condescending attitude, they look down upon yon and belittle you person - for those who can take the time and research in their background activities and business interest what they discover - We are demanding of our Minister, Head of State and MNA and other government officials to clean up and cut the corruption  and abuse of Power - what are we going to do with our Consuls - in any university or learning institution,   you are taught if you are not as smart as your professor you do not get the grade and the mark meaning our politician  and high officials have to be equally trained and versed in all the accepts of  modern corruption and criminality to cope and work with those consul across the world

Everybody know the role they played in the last presidential election - their lobby for President JA Michel to stay in office because had there been a change,  most of them would have been required/requested to give up their Title in the process of Seychelles formulating a new foreign politic and diplomacy.  The LDS MNA had better get that very clear in their head in many instance they will not have the time to do research and home work on a given Consulate working when they are traveling or require a particular work done  and their decision process will be influence by them  for those  who will be at the deep end or receiving end what this will mean.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Honorary consuls’ conference

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Honorary consuls’ conference

25-October-2016
‘Seychelles must seize chances to advance her own agenda’

“To be a winner in a globalised world order, Seychelles will have to seize opportunities coming its wayPresident Faure addressing the gathering and take initiatives to advance her own agenda in a win-win context with other countries, regional bodies or international organisations.”
President Danny Faure said this in his keynote address during yesterday morning’s opening ceremony of the honorary consuls’ conference at the Savoy Resort & Spa, Beau Vallon. The conference, which ends tomorrow, is being attended by 63 of the 91 honorary consuls and 12 consuls general.
Discussions will focus on the national development strategy, championing of the Blue economy, exploration of Seychelles' role on climate change, human trafficking, challenges of small and medium enterprises, fisheries and tourism.
Describing the honorary consuls as “foot soldiers of Seychelles foreign service”, President Faure told them they are duty-bound to scout for these opportunities and advise the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on initiatives it can take.
“We can achieve that ambitious goal provided we are smart and forward looking,” said President Faure who expressed gratitude to all our honorary consuls and consuls general who are doing a sterling job at protecting the interests of Seychellois nationals and promoting Seychelles in their respective consular jurisdictions across the globe.
“Through your active presence you have not only made a difference in the lives of Seychellois nationals and provided greater traction to our country’s foreign policy, but you have, above all, portrayed the real image of the type of society that Seychelles is,” he said, adding that “by being there in the hours of need of Seychellois nationals, whether they are residents or visitors, you demonstrate that Seychelles is a caring society which leaves none of its citizens behind, no matter where they may be.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251560

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty President Faure calls for the strengthening of partnerships between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Seychelles’ network of Honorary Consuls and Consuls Generals

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:59 pm

President Faure calls for the strengthening of partnerships between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Seychelles’ network of Honorary Consuls and Consuls Generals

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3161

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Seychelles Honorary Consuls Conference

Post  Sirop14 Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Seychelles Honorary Consuls Conference
A total of 63 different honorary consuls and a host of Seychellois ambassadors met at the Savoy Hotel yesterday for the eighth edition of the Seychelles Honorary Consuls conference, which aims to improve international relations and, this year specifically, to increase the number of Seychellois ambassadors abroad.
S. Marivel
“In line with our goal of making Seychelles a winner in the community of nations, I call for a strengthened partnership between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and our network of Honorary Consuls
and Consuls General,” President Danny Faure noted in his opening speech.“With the same goal in mind, I ask the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to further expand the current network of Honorary Consuls to those countries and key cities where we do not yet have any representation.”
Speaking on President Danny Faure’ new policy to have new ambassadors in countries where Seychelles still lacks representation, foreign affairs Minister Joël Morgan explained to the press that there is currently a demand for it in many cities around the world.

https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/posts/1133034280067714

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Monsieur le Président de la République est en forme olympique

Post  Sirop14 Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:45 pm

Monsieur le Président de la République est en forme olympique

27-October-2016
. Et voici sa nouvelle devise : Citius, Altius, Faurius !

Lorsque le Président de la République, James Michel, a souhaité tourner la page, le Vice-Président s’est mis immédiatement dans les starting blocks. L’homme était visiblement bien préparé et il ne pouvait pas être pris au dépourvu. Il n’y a pas eu un round d’observation et cette assurance a surpris même ceux qui hurlaient haut et fort qu’il fallait revenir à la case départ, celle des élections. Ces gens, d’abord menaçants, ne se souvenaient plus qu’une Constitution très bien rédigée est très précise légitimait celui qu’ils considéraient comme leur nouvel adversaire.
Avec courage et fermeté notre nouveau Président décidait d’aller jouer en terre adverse afin de montrer ses muscles. Dans ce cadre de l’Assemblée Nationale qu’il avait déjà foulé lors de ses jeunes années, Danny Faure allait impressionner même les plus sceptiques. Ce n’était pas un adversaire mais un ami qui grimpait les marches de la maison du peuple. Les braillards sont devenus aphones « comment, ce n’est pas vrai, il veut être le Président de tous les Seychellois ! ». Alors donc nous avons crié pour rien ! Et c’est ainsi que notre ancien Vice-Président, devenu à la régulière le Calife à la place du Calife vient de se créer le personnage qui doit lui permettre d’exercer pleinement son rôle de Chef de l’Etat tout en préconisant le dialogue. C’est tout bête, mais il suffit de se parler, d’échanger, d’expliquer pour que chacun comprenne. Une opposition peut naître d’un simple écart de voix, d’un geste maladroit ou tout simplement d’un manque de patience. Si Danny Faure réussit dans son entreprise c’est tout le pays qui en bénéficiera. En réalité, le Président ne veut pas tirer la couverture à lui, il sait bien que c’est une équipe soudée qui gagnera. C’est pour cela qu’il met un point d’honneur à choisir des femmes et des hommes intègres et volontaires qui vont se dévouer corps et âmes pour que tous les habitants de l’archipel puisse bénéficier de la progression du pouvoir d’achat prévue pour ces prochaines années.

Faure, un nom bénît des dieux ?
Le quatrième Président de la République des Seychelles porte un nom célèbre que les grandes personnalités du monde politique et culturel ont déjà porté. Dans les années 1830 après l’ère Napoléonienne, la République est revenue en odeur de sainteté en France malgré les courts soubresauts de la royauté avec Louis XVIII et Charles X. Felix Faure fut un Président de la République dont l’audience médiatique fut largement distancée par Edgard Faure qui présida le Conseil des Ministres, l’Assemblée Nationale et entra a l’Académie Française tout en publiant plusieurs romans policiers entre 1950 et 1988 année de sa mort. Au Togo Eyadema Gnassingbe a passé trente-huit ans au pouvoir suprême. Pour honorer Edgard, Eyadema prénomma son fils chéri, Faure, qui a pris sa succession et qui vient d’être réélu pour la troisième fois consécutive. Des Faure, nous en retrouvons encore chez les journalistes ou les artistes. Il suffit de mettre un accent sur le E pour que le patronyme soit porté par des peintres, coureurs cyclistes ou sociologues. Le plus célèbre est notablement Gabriel Fauré, le grand compositeur de musique (1845 – 1924).
En langue d’oc utilisée dans le sud de la France, Fauré se traduit par forgeron. Comme vous le savez, c’est en forgeant que l’on devient …

Bonne chance Monsieur le Président
Danny Faure a effectué de brillantes études. Diplômé de l’Université de la Havane, ses succès ne lui ont pas monté à la tète. Nous sommes persuadés que nous ne le verrons jamais avoir « le cigare de Cuba bien évidemment ! » Dans les moments difficiles, s’il y en a, Danny pourra toujours compter sur son frère Barry lui aussi brillant Ambassadeur, Secrétaire d’Etat et … marathonien.
Si nous avons repris en préambule la devise olympique créée lors des Jeux de 1924 à Paris par le baron Pierre de Coubertin c’est parce qu’elle colle le mieux à la peau d’une personne promise à un bel avenir : « Plus vite, plus haut, plus Faure ! » Il n’y a rien de plus juste.
Seychellois soyez fier d’être guidé par un tel prodige. Les clignotants sont au vert. Profitez-en et bonne chance Monsieur le Président !

Francis Herbet
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251582

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Vice-President Meriton, Designated Minister Mondon and Minister Larose Sworn in Office

Post  Sirop14 Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:40 am

Vice-President Meriton, Designated Minister Mondon and Minister Larose Sworn in Office

Fri, 28 October 2016

133 131 2
The new Vice-President of the Republic of Seychelles, Mr. Vincent Meriton, Designated Minister, Mrs. Macsuzy Mondon and Minister, Dr. Peter Larose, were sworn into office during a ceremony held at State House this morning before President Danny Faure.

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3166

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Seychelles’ new Vice President Meriton sworn in to office, says there’s work to be done

Post  Sirop14 Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Seychelles’ new Vice President Meriton sworn in to office, says there’s work to be done

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/6186/Seychelles+new+Vice+President+Meriton+sworn+in+to+office,+says+theres+work+to+be+done

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Seychelles President Faure reshuffles government, minister portfolios

Post  Sirop14 Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Seychelles President Faure reshuffles government, minister portfolios

Victoria, Seychelles | October 29, 2016, Saturday @ 15:08 in National » GENERAL | By: Sharon Uranie | Views: 1044
Seychelles President Faure reshuffles government, minister portfolios
The Seychelles President Danny Faure (in the middle - front row) pictured with his new cabinet of ministers whose portfolios were announced on Saturday. (Louis Toussaint, Seychelles News Agency)

(Seychelles News Agency) - The Seychelles President Danny Faure on Saturday announced the make-up of his new government, assigning government ministers to their ministries.

President Faure said the new cabinet is made up “of men and women with experience” and that their appointments are “based on today’s realities of the various sectors and in line with our priorities.”

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/6190/Seychelles+President+Faure+reshuffles+government%2C+minister+portfolios

The Seychelles President Danny Faure on Saturday announced the make-up of his new government, assigning government ministers to their ministries.
http://en.indian-ocean-times.com/New-government-in-Seychelles_a6244.html

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Letter to the Editor-Seychelles – “A small country that thinks big”

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:59 am

Letter to the Editor-Seychelles – “A small country that thinks big”

31-October-2016
I am writing to you as a member of Le Club de Madrid which celebrated on Tuesday October 25, 2016, its 15th anniversary having been formed with the objective of consolidating democratic transition and consolidation worldwide. The conference was an initiative of the Gorbachev Foundation of North America (GFNA) and the Fundación para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE) that grew from an idea shaped at Harvard University by several independent individuals.
Today there is no organisation in the world with more accrued experience in democratic governance and potential to contribute to a better world. As a matter of fact, Mr António Guterres, former Prime Minister of Portugal from 1995 to 2002, who will assume the position of secretary general of the United Nations as from 2017, has been a prominent and active member of the Club.
The threats to democracy faced in 2001 have not receded, and new ones have appeared in the horizon, like climate change, nationalism, radicalisation and violent extremism, the rise and success of some non-democratic regimes, the growth and spread of populism with oversimplification of issues, less informed electorates, the increase in inequality, and conflicts, when not outright wars that have produced millions of displaced persons and the worst refugee crisis in history. Global governance and multilateralism are precarious. The need for our Club de Madrid, as both a kind of world senate and an “Action Tank” is even greater than it was in 2001. It is the only institution that can amplify the voice of hundreds of millions of citizens across the globe through that of 100 respected world leaders on these and other challenges and that can implement initiatives to enable optimism.
In my capacity as a member of this prestigious Club, I trust that the political development which is ongoing in Seychelles today will result in the creation of peace, stability and reconciliation within our Nation so that I am justified to tell fellow members of the Club, as I have done in the past, that Seychelles is indeed “a small country that thinks big”.

James R. Mancham

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:01 am

Opinion - Still on the road to Monaco …?

29-October-2016
This week I have spent many hours glued to SBC television following the debates in the National Assembly called upon to approve the nomination of a vice-president, a designated minister and four new ministers within the Cabinet of President Danny Faure. Finally, as we know, Vice-President Vincent Meriton, Designated Minister Macsuzy Mondon and Dr Peter Larose were approved by virtue of all members of Parti Lepep voting in favour and all members on the opposite side i.e. Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) abstaining.
When it came to Ambassador Marie-Louise Potter, Dr Patrick Herminie and Ambassador Dick Esparon, the motion of the leader of the government business, Hon. Charles De Commarmond, was defeated by virtue of the fact that all members of the LDS voting against.
Within the context of the spirit of reconciliation, I wonder whether this was a smart move in the political chess-game that was being played – taking into account the expressed standpoint of both political parties that they had decided to travel along the route of reconciliation which coincides with a wish of the majority of our people.
Some while ago, I stated that in my opinion, the people of Seychelles, in a great majority, wanted their leaders to take them to Monaco and not to Bamako.
During the debates in the National Assembly, I focused much attention to the body language and tone level of the main players within the political chess-game which SBC television was broadcasting live – particularly the demeanour and spoken words of such personalities like Speaker of the House Hon. Patrick Pillay, deputy Speaker Hon. Nicholas Préa, leader of the opposition Hon. Wavel Ramkalawan, leader of government business Hon. Charles De Commarmond, the learned lawyer Hon. Bernard Georges, Hon. Simon Gill, Hon. Ahmed Afif, Hon. Basil Hoareau, Hon. Sebastien Pillay and others – and Dr Patrick Herminie who was one of the nominees proposed as a minister, and I came to the conclusion that while on the whole it appears that we are still on the road to Monaco, there are still many hurdles along the way which could cause us to find ourselves making an ‘about-turn’ and taken to Bamako.
No doubt, my good friend, Dr Peter Larose, was acclaimed for his performance and voted unanimously as an approved ministerial candidate on the ground that he was considered a ‘technocrat’ with no obvious partisan attachment – this was not to be the case with respect to Ambassador Potter, Ambassador Esparon and Dr Herminie who were deemed by the LDS to be ‘too committed’ to the politics of Parti Lepep. Many objective-minded citizens could argue that this was ‘victimisation’ in the reverse but also from a political standpoint, do we understand that if Hon. Ramkalawan was voted in as President that people like Hon. Bernard Georges and Hon. Jean-François Ferrari could not qualify as ministers because they are seen as ‘too closely’ involved to his Party? These are of course debatable points.
Personally, I was impacted with some of the answers given by Dr Larose to questions posed to him – particularly the answer he gave when he was asked, ‘What would be his greatest achievement if he was made Minister for Finance?’ – with Dr Larose replying that ‘his greatest wish would be to turn the Seychelles into the Switzerland of the Indian Ocean.’ Well, as those who have got a good memory will remember that this was indeed my expressed policy as far back at the time that I was in office as President of the Republic.
Obviously, history is proving right in many respects and now at this critical moment, I believe some of the statements I made are worth pondering upon at this time of our political history when two polarised parties have said that they are interested to move towards the route of reconciliation. Please allow me, Mr Editor, to quote the following –
National reconciliation should not be regarded as an end in itself. It is rather a base from which to start. There is a tide in the affairs of a country which rises only on rare occasions. The importance is for the leadership within a Nation to know when the tide is up and to seize it;
We shall make the best of the 21st century if we learn the lessons of this one, in which political changes have left us with a world in transition. Transition is not easy but it is much harder for those countries moving from a command economy to free enterprise;
Democratic freedom has its responsibilities. It solves problems but unbridled, it can also create others. An effective rule of law is vital. The truth is that order requires both justice, moral and social authority. We have to strengthen the institutions, the family, the Courts, the National Assembly and the Government in a way that they are not only accepted but also appreciated and respected;
I want to call for a partnership which comes more from the heart and less from political manoeuvering. I call for a Seychelles of greater fraternal harmony – more dialogue and social contacts among the players on the national stage. Let us sincerely and honestly collaborate to ensure that our common resources, our experience and goodwill work in harmony with the national interest;
The process of national reconciliation is an attempt to bring forth as high a level of national cohesion as possible so that, united as a people, we can seek what is best for the Nation and not just what is best for the Party. It is obvious that political division has deprived us with the opportunity of reaching a higher plateau of national grandeur and prestige. We can therefore either continue to swim in the lake of mediocrity or seek to swim in a lake with a larger and better vista;
Far too many people have acquired vested interests in politics of division to accept power sharing. Understandably, people of petty minds are not readily disposed to find common grounds with those with grandeur d’esprit. The chemistry does not mix easily. In the National Assembly some are committed to remain “Yes Men” although we claim to be a democracy. Our reality is somewhat disheartening but we cannot run away from it;
The politics of national reconciliation carries with it a reservoir of goodwill – but goodwill tends to evaporate in an atmosphere where there is no reciprocity;
Remove my commitment to ‘National Reconciliation – ‘confrontation’ will face ‘confrontation’ and the fabric of existing stability which is making us the envy of most countries in Africa, will fade away faster than can be expected;
A ‘first past the post victory’ of the Democratic Party will not be worthwhile from a national standpoint if such a victory is achieved in a climate of perpetuated hatred, bitterness, division and retributions;
After the result of the last general election was announced – I said that the Democratic Party has lost a battle not the war. I do not think that everybody quite understood the sort of war I was fighting and intended to continue fighting for. It was not a war based on physical violence or aggressive confrontation – or the conquest of power at any cost. It was a war motivated by a sense of noble enlightenment with the view of achieving a fundamental transformation in our society and in the way our people behave and think;
Whoever wins the election, new approaches and new initiatives will be necessary if stability is to be consolidated – bygones to become bygones and the Seychellois is to enter the next Millennium as a united Nation;
Supporters of the SPPF regime have to learn a new way of thinking, even a new way of life. Supporters of the Democrats and others in Opposition, have to realise that there is no way 15 years of injustice could be undone. There could be no ‘settling of accounts’ in a place as small as Seychelles. After all, we have to live together for the rest of our lives. Our families must live together for generations. At all costs, I felt we have to prevent feuds which could mar the future of our country as the dictatorship had marred the past. Thus did I energetically espouse the policy of ‘National Reconciliation’;
At the moment, we think about ourselves, then about our political party and our country comes in the third place. So long as we continue to think in this order of priority – the Seychelles will remain divided and we will dwell in the abyss of more problems, more difficulties and more confrontations. Today, we have no choice. The time has come to think about ‘Seychelles First’;
If one day ‘Zonm Lib’ is to retire in oblivion and the place where he stands is to be re-baptised ‘Place de la reconciliation National’ then ‘Zonm Lib’ must be removed from where it is by those who put him there and not by a bomb of a clandestine activist or political organisation;
The preoccupation of the politician is the next election. The preoccupation of the statesman is the next generation. The politician thinks only about getting power or staying in power and otherwise enjoying the benefits and privileges which power confers. The statesman on the other hand, has a longer term vision. He puts national interest above partisan consideration. He does not believe in the policy of ‘power at all cost.’ His ultimate desire is the transformation of a society and the emergence, in our context, of a greater Seychelles and of a Seychellois people who is at peace with itself;
It does not matter who rules the nation for the next five, ten or fifteen years provided the Ship of State is navigated along a path where national interest stands supreme and is openly seen, and reasonably accepted, as being the base of government’s policy and initiatives.
Finally, no doubt the most important step to be taken in the climate of today must be to reduce polarisation and get our people to think first at the well-being of Seychelles and its people rather than the interest of the Party and its leadership. Difficult task indeed but nothing is unachievable with patience, goodwill, determination and enlightened navigation. Let us appreciate that it is easier to make war than to make peace and the time has come for a change of heart.

James R. Mancham

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty President Faure reshuffles cabinet

Post  Sirop14 Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:32 pm

President Faure reshuffles cabinet

31-October-2016
• Mitcy Larue first woman to head Home Affairs

In a special cabinet meeting on Saturday morning at State House, President Danny Faure reshuffled his cabinet allocating the different mostly recomposed portfolios to 11 ministers and also announced those which fall under his office and that of the vice-president.
Jean-Paul Adam, who was the Minister for Finance, Trade and the Blue Economy is now heading the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs.
Joel Morgan, formerly the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Transport, is now the new Minister for Education and Human Resource Development.
Idith Alexander, who was heading the Ministry of Labour and Human Resource Development, is now responsible for the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture.
Alain St Ange retains the portfolio of tourism but with additional responsibilities under the new Ministry of Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports and Marine.

http://nation.sc/article.html?id=251633

Prezidan Faure i demann bann minis pour adopte nouvo fason travay
http://nation.sc/article.html?id=251631

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty LDS leadership gets ‘serious and productive’ meeting with President Faure

Post  Sirop14 Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:17 am

LDS leadership gets ‘serious and productive’ meeting with President Faure

http://nation.sc/article.html?id=251671

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Seychelles and Abu Dhabi to boost and consolidate ties

Post  Sirop14 Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Seychelles and Abu Dhabi to boost and consolidate ties

24-November-2016

The President of the Republic of Seychelles, Danny Faure, undertook a working visit to Abu Dhabi following an invitation from His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
During their meeting on Tuesday, President Faure and His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan reviewed the existing bilateral relations between the two countries, and exchanged views on strengthening and consolidating these relations for the mutual benefit of both peoples.
Commenting that Seychelles and the UAE are bound by very special ties of fraternal friendship based on mutual respect and understanding, President Faure expressed appreciation for the UAE’s reliable support to Seychelles’ socio-economic advancement over the years.

http://nation.sc/article.html?id=251917

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty REPORT ON MEETING OF LDS LEADERS WITH PRESIDENT AT STATE HOUSE

Post  Sirop14 Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 pm

REPORT ON MEETING OF LDS LEADERS WITH PRESIDENT AT STATE HOUSE

The third meeting of LDS leaders with the President was held today at State House. The following is a brief report on items covered.

1. Suspension of Ministers connected to cases under investigation
LDS called for the suspension of two ministers who have been connected to cases which require investigation.

One is the case of Minister Charles Bastienne who has been alleged to have received payment from a Nepali businessman in respect of recruitment of Nepali security guards, reported in the media this week. LDS is submitting this case to the Anti-Corruption Commission.

The other is in connection with a seizure of heroine on Praslin reported on SBC in which a link to Minister Mitcy Larue has been reported. This involves a police investigation. LDS believes that Mrs. Larue cannot continue as minister with oversight on police matters while this case is ongoing.

2. Investigation of DBS Loan schemes
LDS called for an investigation into loan schemes operated by Development Bank of Seychelles to check allegations of abuse and improper management.

3. Progress on issues raised in previous meetings.
The meeting reviewed the progress made on several issues of concern raised in previous meeting. Among the items covered:

i. Proposals for Reforms : The drafts for a Freedom of Information Bill and a new Seychelles Human Rights Commission Bill were presented and will now be taken up by the National Assembly. Progress is being made on several Constitutional and amendments which will be part of a package of reforms which to be brought to the Assembly by March next year. These will apply to Electoral Commission, Constitutional Appointments Authority, SBC , anti-Corruption Commission and several others.

ii. CSR Tax : The list of recipients of the CSR Tax will be revised for next year so that politically affiliated organisations (e.g. Jj Spirit Foundation) will not be eligible.

iii. Replacement of Mayor of Victoria : The Members of the National Assembly whose districts fall within Victoria will name a candidate for Mayor for appointment by the President until a new system for election of the Mayor is put in place together with district council elections in 2018.

iv. Cost of living and doing business : The mandate of the STC will be reviewed to direct it to the core goal of anchoring prices of commodities.

The Minister for Finance has taken up discussions with the telecommunications companies to reduce costs of services. Opening up the local market to other companies is being considered.

v. District Administration : Instructions have been issued to district administrators that district facilities should be open to all. MNAs will be entitled to use facilities for any function serving their constituents, such as meetings. without any charge. A reasonable fee will be charged for use by other parties.

4. Matters brought to the attention of LDS by the President.
i. Offices for MNAs . A programme of setting up offices for MNAs will begin next year. The order in which needs are addressed will be decided by leaders in the Assembly.

ii. Pensions for MNAs. A new Pension Scheme for MNAs will be presented to the National Assembly for consideration. They will be eligible for pensions at age 60 after serving one term or at age 55 after serving three full terms.

iii. 2017 Budget : The 2017 Budget will address measures to reduce the cost of living and to ensure inclusiveness in economic growth. A property tax for foreign owned properties will be introduced.

http://seychellesvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/press-release.html

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty Gouvernman i kontiny konsiltasyon avek lopozisyon • Tou le de kote i eksprim satisfaksyon

Post  Sirop14 Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Gouvernman i kontiny konsiltasyon avek lopozisyon • Tou le de kote i eksprim satisfaksyon

03-December-2016

Konman laswit konsiltasyon ki Prezidan Danny Faure in konmanse avek lopozisyon, i ti yer bomaten rankontre en delegasyon parti LDS (Linyon Demokratik Seselwa) State House.
Sa ti trwazyenm rankont ant legzekitif ek lopozisyon ki an se moman annan mazorite dan Lasanble Nasyonal, depi ki Prezidan Faure ti ranplas ansyen Prezidan James Michel le 16 Oktob sa lannen.

http://nation.sc/article.html?id=252054

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty In the Court of Appeal Linyon Sanzman name maintained

Post  Sirop14 Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:11 pm

In the Court of Appeal Linyon Sanzman name maintained

10-December-2016
The names Linyon Sanzman and Lafors Sosyal Demokratik will be maintained, while Wavel Ramkalawan has lost his two cases against the Electoral Commission regarding the decisions taken by the Constitutional Court following the December 2015 Presidential election run-off.

These decisions came out in the rulings by the Court of Appeal yesterday.

The Court of Appeal quashed the decisions by judges Bernardin Renaud and Durai Karunakaran preventing any group or party from using the names Linyon Sanzman and Lafors Sosyal Demokratik.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=252133

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

“Thank you for your trust in me”- President Michel announces he will step down on October 16th - Page 2 Empty New legislation to provide for benefits of former presidents

Post  Sirop14 Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:35 pm

New legislation to provide for benefits of former presidents

17-December-2016
President Danny Faure has announced that new legislation is being drafted to provide for the benefits of former presidents, in line with international best practice.

The benefits will include the pension and annual gratuity for former presidents, which are already covered by the Presidential Emoluments Act.

The new legislation will be submitted to the National Assembly during the first quarter of 2017.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=252231

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next