Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tribute to Dr Wayne Dyer - ‘The simple path to parenting’

Go down

Tribute to Dr Wayne Dyer - ‘The simple path to parenting’ Empty Tribute to Dr Wayne Dyer - ‘The simple path to parenting’

Post  Sirop14 Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:42 am

Tribute to Dr Wayne Dyer - ‘The simple path to parenting’

16-September-2015
Dr Wayne DyerOn August 31 this year, the world lost one of the world’s most beloved spiritual leaders of our time – Dr Wayne Dyer, best-selling author, philosopher and motivational speaker . The National Council for Children (NCC) is organising an activity at Site (ex NIE) Mont Fleuri to pay tribute to him.
The activity, which will involve presentations on Dyer’s life and teachings, will take place on Tuesday September 22 starting at 8.30am.
His book entitled ‘What you really want for your children’ has inspired parents all over the world to take charge of their lives and help them make their dreams for their children come true.
He believes that by living and staying simple and being content with an ordinary life, parents can help show their children how to find their own true nature.
He believes that parenting is not about imposing rules or impressing others with our supposed intelligence and superiority.
He thinks that parenting is about leading by example and also about being willing to admit that sometimes we do not know what is best for our children.
“Sometimes a lot of us do not even know with certainty how our life should go”.
In his book Wayne Dyer writes: “Let other people know that you’re willing to ask for guidance”. Show them that you’re not “in charge”, either of them or what happens to you. Allow them to see a man or woman who’s humble, lives peacefully in the cycles of life, and stays simple-hearted. Be willing to say to those in your charge, “I don’t know”. This phrase is a symbol of strength rather than weakness, so use it freely. Keep in mind that nature never forces anything to grow, but is silently and invisibly present. Do the same to the best of your ability by not forcing yourself and your ideas on anyone (with sensible precautions for those too young or too immature to take on adult responsibilities).
Spend a day without the label of “parent”or “boss” and put yourself on an equal footing with those who usually look to you for direction. Think of yourself as one of those you lead – in fact, pretend that you are him or her for a day.
Dyer says he finds that when he practices that with his children, they respond according to their best behaviour.
“When I simply say to my teenage daughter that I know she’s perfectly capable of being responsible and sensible when I’m not there and I love when she takes responsibility, she shines - because I’m treating her the way I would want others to treat me.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=246778

Sirop14

Back to top Go down