Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016:

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016: - Page 4 Empty Rumor has it...

Post  Sirop14 Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:51 am

Rumor has it...
Parti Lepep is scaremongering and is in a habit of creating rumours, at first that there was a massive fight in the LDS Leadership between Ton Pat and Father Ramkalawan. Now the latest is that some LDS MNA will cross floor including the Speaker who will then resign to be Vice President to Danny Faure or Alain Ste Ange who will be leaving the Government to start a new political party. Let this be a very clear message LDS remains as one, Ton Pat is not leaving LDS nor is any LDS MNA crossing the floor. Parti Lepep is fabricating these stories and spreading rumors! So that they understand we mean business let us all come down in force later for the march against 'pas baton' and Pil Lo Li For!

Facebook
We have a reason for this comment - beside it being member of the Francophone, it had the mildest system during Communist era and the rebuilding leading it to be listed as a UNESCO heritage - the brutal way the President and other were executed during the change over, the why - very many of the poor and simple Romanian I have talked to and ask how they were they all say it would have been better under the Communist system now only those with connection and friend get anything - many suffer and leave their country yet it is such a great country. - My person was involved with that SIROP program -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania

Facebook
This Saturday morning those marching and seek to change the Constitution we pray/ask them to read many time over these event , including the wife and children of President FA Rene - many of the similarities of/in Seychelles politic an economy/Diplomacy. Instead of listening to rap - they should get an artist to rap the content of Wikipedia or them - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Ceau%C8%99escu

Facebook
We addressed a comment about rap - the discipline behind rapping - in this case those who ought to understand "the discipline of the Baobab Tree". We have had 35 year experience and knowledge in these field. You bunch of "Mungu" as ex Minister Pat Pillay call name other Toulon and Boulon. These are word my siblings of East Africa Birth talk. I address the topic of 1986 Whistle Blower to jog those in Leadership mind/memory in the face of that satanic/mad cow, cjd infernal mechanism - It can do immanence damaged to memory functioning too. The important reason Seychelles government have had such a strong impute and working debacle with Uganda is because of not my education their, other Seychelles important working - outside of Seychelles East Africa and International Uganda complex/complicated working I/my person had build been building - referring to the Whistle Blower era those who knew and know. You ought not to get cheesed off with VP Dany Faure - you ought to go for my person - how many of you have got the balls to do this - among other countries certain important incident were triggered was Uganda Copper Mine/economy, AU - in 2012 when I began loading the SIROP info online and many event in Uganda and East Africa - that young female in the Opposition calling for a Media Commission - whose prospective and whose interest. We are in this awful pig mes because our refusal to function like normal society - vast many issue we have worked and been associated with we are supposed to forget/not talk about them and yet still expect things to work. How many of you dare question the President of Uganda, not even you Mr speaker or Leader of Opposition - if God blessed you that you could get that close to working with such a personality. We are in 2016, look at how long and international development to get that old Copper Mine going again and their is money available.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016: - Page 4 Empty Seychelles’ National Assembly approves ambassador nominations

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Seychelles’ National Assembly approves ambassador nominations

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/5328/Seychelles+National+Assembly+approves+ambassador+nominations

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016: - Page 4 Empty Letter to the Editor - The wishes of some people, not all the people

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:21 am

Letter to the Editor - The wishes of some people, not all the people

11-October-2016
On October 4, the National Assembly delved into an issue that caused the wastage of precious National Assembly time.
It was the second weekly meeting of the 6th National Assembly, and when taxpayers and voters thought the members would, on October 4, start discussing arrangements to hold three meetings a week, alas, the debate was on a motion that was bound to make no impact.
Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) members who have returned to the National Assembly knew very well that motions are not binding on government. LDS, because of its majority, approved the motion calling for the revision “of all sections of the constitution relating to the resignation of a president … and that new presidential election is organised within the shortest possible delay”.
I noticed that MNA Wavel Ramkalawan, the mover of the motion, chose not to table a private member’s bill because he “wanted the Assembly to debate on the motion to help people understand the different arguments so that if a private member’s bill is tabled they have been educated on the different requirements and points they need to consider and reflect on”.
It is MNA Ramkalawan’s right to table any motion. Debates are healthy. This is what democracy is all about. This is politics. A motion designed to keep the enthusiasm of a section of the electorate alive.
When he said that “if a private member’s bill is tabled”, to me it sounded like he would come back with a private member’s bill later. We may guess when. This will probably be done in 2024!
Reports on the motion and a press release from LDS were carried by the Seychelles NATION on October 5 and 6, respectively.
Before I add my comments to the reports, I wish to state that the Constitution of the Third Republic was approved by 73% of voters in the referendum of June 1993.
In presenting his argument in favour of constitutional amendments, Ramkalawan took the population – people who still remember – back 24 years when he and his Parti Seselwa (United Opposition at the time of referendum) campaigned for a parliamentary system of government.
It appears Mr Ramkalawan and the SNP faction in the National Assembly are still after the parliamentary system of government. A prime minister would head the government, and there would be a figurehead president.
People should know that it is as easy, if not easier, to “pas baton” in the parliamentary system. It just happened in the United Kingdom when Mrs Theresa May replaced Mr David Cameron as Prime Minister, after the Brexit referendum.
There was no fresh polling. Elections are held within the ruling party – an internal matter – to appoint a new leader of the Conservatives. This ensured that the party remains in power until new general election.
In Mauritius, Prime Minister Anerood Jugnauth has indicated he may step down. It is likely his son, Pravind, will be the new Prime Minister. There will be no new election, because the constitution says “you must be the leader of a party which holds the majority in the National Assembly”. It is not our business if Pravind’s leadership of the Jugnauth’s political party would be a convenience.
Seychelles does not have to be like Mauritius. But our Vice-President was elected along with the President, to become the new head of state when the post of President becomes vacant.
In August 1974, Mr Richard Nixon resigned as President of the United States of America and was automatically replaced by his vice-president and running-mate Gerald Ford. The Republic Party remained in power.
You cannot stop a president, who is a human being, from resigning from office. You cannot stop a prime minister from resigning.
In Seychelles’ system, the arrangements of succession are clearly laid out. The arrangements did not stop the opposition alliance from winning over 49% of the vote in December’s second round presidential election.
In the USA, the Republicans did not ask President Obama to resign and call for fresh elections just because they now control both houses of Congress.
In Seychelles, presidential and National Assembly elections are separate, for two separate institutions, in a country where there is separation of powers. Presidential and National Assembly elections can take place simultaneously, as happened in 1993. Still the new President and new National Assembly majority can come from different parties.
We have to respect both wishes. The wishes of the National Assembly majority are not strong enough to be imposed on the wishes of others.

V. Charles

Disclaimer
The views expressed in this letter do not necessarily represent the views of the Seychelles NATION newspaper.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016: - Page 4 Empty Re: Eleksyon lezislativ 2016:

Post  Sirop14 Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm

https://soundcloud.com/bee-cesar/111016-national-assembly-victimisation-1

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016: - Page 4 Empty Statement concerning LDS allegations on suspension of judge

Post  Sirop14 Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:36 pm

Statement concerning LDS allegations on suspension of judge

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3139

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016: - Page 4 Empty Reaksyon bann manm lo diskour Prezidan Faure devan Lasanble Nasyonal Mardi:

Post  Sirop14 Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:08 am

Reaksyon bann manm lo diskour Prezidan Faure devan Lasanble Nasyonal Mardi:

21-October-2016
‘Fodre mo i aprezan vin aksyon’ – Sef Lopozisyon

Bann manm lasanble Nasyonal ti yer konmans donn larepons a diskour ki Prezidan Larepiblik Danny Msye RamkalawanFaure ti fer dan Lasanble Mardi.
Premye pour reponn ti Lider Lopozisyon Onorab Wavel Ramkalawan. I ti konmans son diskour par soulinyen ki dan dernyen eleksyon lezislatif, Seselwa avek son konnesans ek lentelizans in vot pour en sitiasyon koabitasyon kot Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) i form mazorite dan Lasanble Nasyonal. An konsekans, i ti azoute, sa de parti politik – LDS ek Parti Lepep - pou bezwen koz ek kanmarad e dan sa prosesis, se lepep ki sorti viktorye.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251520

Reaksyon bann manm lo diskour Prezidan Faure devan Lasanble Nasyonal Mardi:

21-October-2016
Lider Zafer Gouvernman dan Lasanble Nasyonal Charles Decommarmond ti yer osi donn sonMsye Decommarmond larepons a diskour ki Prezidan Danny Faure ti fer dan Lasanble Mardi.
Onorab Decommarmond ti komans par akei diskour prezidan avek sa ki i ti dekri konman en lazwa. Se osi avek lazwa ki i dir in ekout Sef Lopozisyon Wavel Ramkalawan sa ki i dir «i nouvo fason e lespri ki i’n vin avek » an presizan ki « se serten pwen ki i’n vin avek ki pou permet nou al annavan ».
«Pei i pli gran ki nou tou e si nou ekout kanmarad personn pa pou sourd lo personn, » i ti dir.
I ti azoute ki zot «pa kapab dezapwent lepep Seselwa ki’n donn nou sa kalite Lasanble ».

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=251519

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016: - Page 4 Empty Seychelles National Assembly approves nomination of new Vice President

Post  Sirop14 Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Seychelles National Assembly approves nomination of new Vice President

Victoria, Seychelles | October 27, 2016, Thursday @ 19:44 in National » GENERAL | By: Betymie Bonnelame and Sharon Uranie | Views: 468
Seychelles National Assembly approves nomination of new Vice President
File photo: Partial view of Seychelles National Assembly members. (Patrick Joubert, Seychelles News Agency)

(Seychelles News Agency) - The Seychelles National Assembly on Thursday approved the nomination of Vincent Meriton as the island nation's new Vice President.

President Danny Faure had nominated six new members for his ministerial cabinet and three were approved.

The 14 members of the President’s Party -- Parti Lepep voted in favour of Meriton as Vice President. The 18 members of Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS) abstained.

Meriton succeeds Danny Faure who is now the Seychelles President. The new Vice President who has occupied various ministerial portfolios, was the Designated Minister and held the responsibility of Minister for Community Development, Social Affairs and Sports.

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/6178/Seychelles+National+Assembly+approves+nomination+of+new+Vice+President

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:14 pm

Facebook comment -

I am getting pissed off with LDS leaders!!! They would not be the majority in the assembly if it wasn't the people/activists who really brought change to Seychelles. We, the activists didn't shit ourselves even though we were threatened, we did not have body guards or was as important as them so making it difficult to be killed!! We stood tall and gave everything no matter what!!! We deserve better than to be told by LDS, that we spoke about this and that with the president without no detail to the people who risked everything for them to serve them!! We have been fighting...saying things that not even they would say in their real names, and we are being treated as with we do not exists. What I really want to know, is, what is the plan, if any, for fresh elections or are they just stringing us along for the sole purpose of using us??? I have heard from someone in a opposition party that there will not be fresh elections, why isn't LDS being honest with us if this is the case??? I saw Wavel say last week LDS wants fresh elections among other things in the assembly, but there is no follow up for the supporters...what are we supposed to think? If anyone thinks there going to take LDS supporters for mugs, they had better think again!!! LDS leaders and MNA you work for the people, if your not going to be honest with your people, than you do not deserve our support. We/I voted for transparency and that means knowing what is exactly on the agenda and what was discussed with the President....otherwise, you will be short lived. We should not be used as idiots!!!

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Eleksyon lezislativ 2016: - Page 4 Empty Opinion - Budget outlook

Post  Sirop14 Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Opinion - Budget outlook

17-February-2017
I would be very grateful if you could grant me some quality space in your esteemed newspaper to comment on the fundamental aspects of Budget 2017.

Over the years we’ve seen budget forecasts which have given rise to actual budget insufficiencies in the wake of supplementary budgets and monopolistic competitions, anticipated annual subventions to parastatals, import driven approaches, unanticipated and impromptu economic developments, consumer outbreak spending patterns and the lack of committed and proper management of public funds, endorsed by the requirement for more foreign exchange.

The objective general public has witnessed a rise in capital projects, such as housing (on social grounds and for the benefit of the brotherhood), but some have contributed to increasing government liabilities and foreign debts. The Budget 2017 plans to reduce those hardships and has as principle objective “to accelerate economic activity in creating more wealth and employment; so that no one will be left behind in our development. The wealth created will be distributed to all in a fair, equal and transparent manner!

The budget, which is a financial plan converted into quantitative terms, face a considerable increase in contrast to the Budget for the year 2016. The 2017 Budget ‘Inclusive Development – Opportunities for all’ containing a Budget Appropriation of SR7,796,480,879.00 for Fiscal Year 2017 is a record so far; and is projected for a budget surplus of 3% of GDP, which will be achieved through more discipline in the manner in which Government runs the business. I am totally in favour of the five basic principles by which Government must conduct its operations, but what remains to be accounted for at the end of the road of the fiscal year is the disciplinary commitments adopted by the custodians of the public funds, accountability, positive thinking with transparency decision-makings and the viability of implementation of the ideas in the wake of the budget for the benefit of the stakeholders.

Economic performance 2016 - Our economy continues to experience growth. For the year 2016, growth projection was revised upwards from 4.3% to 4.4%. For the Year 2017, the real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is projected at 4.1%. Despite a marginal decrease, this trend is encouraging for Seychelles, when other countries are struggling to register growth. The rate of inflation was projected to reach 3.7% principally driven by an increase in fuel and electricity prices. According to our latest national statistic, our income per capita has reached US $14,760.

We should stay focused and in line with the budget targets and not depart unnecessarily from our principal objectives. Restructuring is a strategic move since the payroll forms part of the greatest budget allocation within the centralised figures.

The Government should adopt the principle of good governance, transparency and strategic accountability in its managerial and also financial decision-making. “Wastage and unnecessary expenditure” should be written-off, while monitoring, analysis and reporting of performance to Government should be continual commitments from the ministries. Reviews and feedback should reach out to the stakeholders.

Budget Education – We have to come to terms that the Seychellois public is budget-concerned but many of the ordinary people are lost in its figures. Future trend shows that there is an importance for such PR from the budget to the craving citizens, who at the end of the day is part and parcel of the budget. There are many ways to implement this strategy, and believe me, the budget will have a greater range of acceptance!

Another very important factor to the way forward is the need for us all actors of the economy to work together in National Unity, not just for the private sector to be more effective in creating wealth, but also for them to have the opportunity to participate in efficient and effective decision-making. For once the private sector has the mutual sense of belonging to the budget; they will have open wings for viable investments and long-term commitments. Foreign exchange, which concerns all the stakeholders and is a very strategic subject to comment on, should be at the reach of every individual Seychellois whereby devaluation should stand a world apart. Maybe we have not taken the facts of “Globalization” at heart and continue to survive in our parsimonious environment.

This I will let the experts debate upon.

Another point of outlook is the overview of the budget. I sincerely believe that accounting officers should refrain from the adoptive expense minded decisions but rather nurture the more conservative and matching approach for expenses incurred. The need for being innovative and come up with ‘viable’ ideas, will be a plus to the budget, not just for better revenue strategies, but to reduce costs to the minimum.

As a conservative, I would like to see projected figures in the budget forecasts for revenue to be collected and contingency fees. Every forecast must have a planned policy in order to materialise the plan, and this has financial implications which constitute the budget. Thus, the time has come for the Government to adopt the principles of a business entity and the school of thought of the accrual concept.

I anticipate the Budget 2017 will pave the way for a positive change for a better tomorrow for the Seychellois people, bearing in mind our past achievements and the social environment that we operate in. I praise the Lord to continue overlooking our little archipelago Seychelles and bless us with the morning sun, pure rain water and the “joie de vie” that we Seychellois have cherished. Long live Seychelles and a prosperous year 2017 to all Seychellois.

Jacob Terence Madeleine, ACSI

Writer, Poet, Singer

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this opinion piece are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the Seychelles NATION newspaper.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=252911

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:41 pm

Up Close…with Wavel Ramkalawan, politician, priest and family person
21-February-2017
‘At the age of four I felt the call to become a priest…’
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=252960

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Political parties continue discussion on electoral reforms

11-April-2017

Yesterday’s meeting
Representatives of seven registered political parties as well as representatives of two local election observer groups ̶ Citizens Democracy Watch Seychelles (CDWS) and Association for Rights Information & Democracy (Arid) ̶ yesterday met members of the Electoral Commission (EC) to discuss issues related to elections as well as follow up on the Recommendations for Electoral Reform 2013.
The discussion forum took place at the National Cultural Centre.
The Political Party Liaison Committee, an initiative of the EC, comprises two representatives of each political party nominated by their respective parties.
The committee was set up early last month after which it held its first preparatory meeting during which the political parties agreed to review the existing recommendations for reform and proposed suggestions and updates to be discussed in a series of meeting the first of which took place yesterday.
The main issue which dominated discussions during yesterday’s meeting was how to put in place a credible voters’ register including a voter census, updating the register, discussing the right modalities to use when considering Seychellois citizens living abroad among other related matters.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=253662

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:40 am

Today in Seychelles added 2 new photos.
1 hr ·
Electoral Commission consultative meeting
Opposition pushes for diaspora voting rights
There were heated debates on what the criteria should be for Seychellois nationals living abroad to qualify to vote in Presidential
elections. This issue, along with recommendations to shorten voting days from three to two, was presented by political parties and local
election observer groups to the Electoral Commission (EC) yesterday.
by S. Marivel
For their second meeting the EC received three submissions in total from Parti Lepep, Linyon Demokratik Seselwa (LDS), and Seychelles Party for Social Justice and Democracy (SPSD) on recommendations to improve the election process.
It was agreed that a fixed date should be set for elections that take place every four years, and that it should not be the President’s choice, in order to create a more level playing field for all candidates. It was also agreed that the voting process should take over two days instead of three.
However, the most controversial topic resides in the first point of the Electoral handbook – the registration of voters.
Disenfranchising Seychellois who live abroad?
Opposition parties contest one of the criteria which demand that someone should be living in the country for at least three months in order to register as voter.
According to Roger Mancienne, “three months is an obstacle for people working overseas because there is no way they can take three months off. Also, registration of voters should be automatic in 2018 as we have the information and it must be taken up by the voters' registration.”
Currently the law states that one must reside in an electoral area in order to vote. Questions therefore arise as to whether the law should be changed.
Laura Valabhji from Parti Lepep raised concerns about showing preferential treatment to Seychellois who live overseas and come to
the country simply to “vote then go”.
“People living in districts are those who can vote so how do we determine which district people who live abroad belong to?” she asks. Participants asked if the criteria to register as voters could include those who pay taxes, those who own land, and those who hold passports. Still, the amount of time one needs to be in the country remains an issue.
“I refer to the example of Perseverance where there were issues about who belonged to that district. It is not fair for people who live here to need to prove that they live in an electoral area, yet those from abroad come and choose where they can register - it creates a discrimination.”
Mrs. Valabhji went as far as to express that “a person who hasn't lived in Seychelles for a decade votes then goes away and couldn't
be bothered about the living conditions of the country - you must be a resident here for at least an election cycle.”
While her views meant that those voting must show that they have some interest and reason to participate in the election, apart from people studying abroad or working in diplomatic capacity, this idea was not welcomed by all. "We should not treat them as aliens," Wavel Ramkalawan responded.
Mr. Mancienne went as far as to state that “without Parti Lepep at the helm for all those years, many of those Seychellois would not have left. They were victimised and we cannot restrict them again when times have changed,” he affirms.
What about the dead?
Issues over names of the deceased still appearing on the voter’s register were also hotly debated.
“The voter’s register can have as many dead people’s names as it wants but what matters is voting days!” exclaimed Mr. Ramkalawan.
Mrs. Valabhji however reasoned otherwise, and later explained to TODAY that, “I am not looking for options that are more beneficial to
me or my party, but I want a system that works,” she elaborated. “If tomorrow a person comes with a fake ID and votes we will not be able to pick it up because there will be such a great number of dead people registered to vote. If the voter’s register is tight-knit, we will be better able to pick up anomalies.”
Chairperson of the EC Hendricks Gappy also felt that it was their duty to cross off relevant names from the voter’s register in order to avoid any gap in the number of persons on the list – the deceased opens the door for “dead men walking” when a relative shows up with the deceased person’s National Identity card to vote in their place, then vote again under their own name, he explains.
What’s next?
Summing up the morning’s discussions, EC member Gerard Lafortune noted that discussions are “going round in circles.”
“Yes, this is a pertinent issue,” he conceded, “but at the end of the day the decisions are up to the EC.
When asked about the time frame to submit the recommendations to the Executive, he admits, “This is going to be a long process so we don't have a set time frame yet. We are continuing our consultative meetings to get as much feedback as possible.”
The next meeting is set for Thursday 13 April at 9am. The EC adds that there must be at least five to six more consultative meetings before any concrete actions take place.
It is somewhat baffling that our population of less than 100,000 people cannot manage to vote for Presidential elections in one day. Many have criticised this lengthy process, saying it opens the door
to discrepancies in the number of valid votes. Neighbouring Mauritius with its 1.2 million people manages to vote in one day – the same is true for the UK. In the United States, voting takes place
on a Tuesday in the month of November every four years. Learning
from these countries’ best practices could show the way forward if a resolution cannot be reached through consultative meetings with the Electoral Commission.
https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/posts/1303654689672338

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4