Seychelles EU Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan:

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan: - Page 3 Empty Re: Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan:

Post  Sirop14 Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:20 pm

FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUS!
August 26, 2017

The pub that is now the National Assembly
Ever since Pat Pillay has taken over the Speakership, the National Assembly has been on a steady decline towards chaos. Pat Pillay has been unable to ...
http://seychellesrealitytoday.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/from-sublime-to-ridiculous.html

Patrick Pillay cannot wait for 2020
August 26, 2017

The Honorable Speaker of the National Assembly is a man in a hurry; he can’t wait for 2020, he wants to be President tomorrow, which might never come for him. It is now clear that the Leader of ‘Lalyans Seselwa’ was behind the question about the presidential election that Joanna Nicette asked during the live press interview with President Danny Faure on
http://seychellesrealitytoday.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/patrick-pillay-cannot-wait-for-2020.html

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan: - Page 3 Empty Dezord dan plizyer parti distrik lo Mahé

Post  Sirop14 Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Dezord dan plizyer parti distrik lo Mahé

28-August-2017
En zofisye lapolis ek 7 droger i admit lo ward kot Lopital Sesel

Ti annan plis zofisye lapolis pe travay Sanmdi apremidi ek aswar e sa i mezir ki ti’n ganny pran pour evite ki bann droger i fer dega parey ti leka Vandredi swar.

Komisyonner Lapolis Reginald Elizabeth ti dir avek medya Sanmdi apremidi ki «lapolis pa pou toler okenn dimoun oubyen group dimoun kre dezord dan sosyete».

Msye Elizabeth ti dir ki lapolis i konsernen avek plizyer lensidan lager lo semen an servan gran kouto, sopin, baton ek mayos.

Sa bann lensidan ti ganny raporte Vandredi swar Corgat Estate, Les Mamelles, Lari Hangard, Mont Buxton, Petit Paris, Anse Aux Pins, Plaisance ek Anse Royale. Pli gran lafoul ti Les Mamelles kot plis ki 50 dimoun ti enplike dan en bagar, ek kot Chetty Flat, Anse Aux Pins.

Komisyonner Elizabeth i dir ki dapre lenformasyon, sa bann dezord i relye avek en rediksyon dan lakantite drog ki annan lo marse lo Mahé e serten droger in menm fer per bann vander ki’n bezwen deplase se zot.

Lapolis ti menm ede pour anmenn plizyer dimoun lopital kot zot ti ganny swen medikal apre large. Serten in menm ganny admit lopital e 2 i anba larestasyon lapolis.

Dan en lensidan separe Roche Caïman Vandredi swar, komisyonner lapolis i dir ki enn son zofisye ti ganny tape avek ros e in ganny admit Lopital Sesel.

I dir ki de group dimoun ‒ en group 3 ek en lot group 10 ‒ ti’n al rod en zenn onm pour bate e lapolis ti ganny alerte lo sa lensidan.

Trwa (3) dimoun in gany arete dan sa enn lensidan.

Touzour dapre komisyonner Elizabeth, i ti zwenn avek son bann zofisye sinyor Sanmdi bomaten pour reviz fason travay e deplway plis gard lo semen.

I ti osi lans en lapel avek bann dimoun prominan dan sosyete ensi ki bann partener ki travay tre pros avek lapolis pour koz lo sa sitiasyon e ed lapolis dan son demars pour gard lord dan pei.

«Mon fer en lapel avek bann dimoun ki pe servi drog: ‘Pa fer vyolans, rod tretman’,» Msye Elizabeth ti dir.

Vi ki dapre lenformasyon lakantite drog lo marse in redwir e alors pri i vin pli ser, manm piblik pe osi ganny demande pour vin pli alert avek zot propriete. Sa i akoz bann droger ki pa travay i bezwen plis larzan pour zot aste drog. E souvann fwa zot bezwen al vole pour ganny larzan.

Touzour dapre lapolis, zot ti bezwen entervenir Plaisance ek Remise Estate Sanmdi swar pour dispers bann dimoun ki ti pe fer dezord.

Zournal Seychelles NATION ti osi kontakte Lazans pour Lasante e son sef egzekitif, Dokter Danny Louange, in konfirmen ki 12 droger ti raport lopital Vandredi swar.

«Sept (7) ti ganny admit Vandredi swar pour resevwar tretman akoz zot ti pe soufer avek withdrawal. Sa lot senk (5) ti ganny large,» Dr Louange ti dir.

Letan nou zournal ti al enprimen yer swar, sa 7 droger ti ankor lo ward kot Lopital Sesel.

Dokter Louange ti azoute ki pandan lazournen epi aswar Sanmdi, 4 lezot droger ti raport lopital me zot ti zis ganny tretman apre al se zot.

Vi ki lakantite droger ki al dan staz withdrawal i kapab ogmante, Dokter Louange in dir ki Minister Lasante pe fer provizyon pour ed zot.

«Nou bezwen ed zot, sirtou bann ki napa landrwa reste. Nou admit zot akoz nou pa oule zot al dormi dan semen,» Dokter Louange in dir.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=255433

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan: - Page 3 Empty Re: Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan:

Post  Sirop14 Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Assembly committee members get updates on government assurances

30-August-2017
Members of the National Assembly Committee on Government Assurances (COGA) has been updated on the several assurances the president, ministers and other government officials made in the National Assembly through the State-of-the-Nation, budget addresses, statements, questions they answered and motions tabled.
This was during a 2nd meeting the committee had yesterday morning with the Minister for Finance, Trade and Economic Planning Dr Peter Larose, the principal secretary for Finance and Trade Patrick Payet and special advisor Sitna Cesar.
The committee is chaired by Gervais Henrie, elected member for Mont Buxton, and the other members are Clive Roucou (vice-chair), Norbert Loizeau, Sylvanne Lemiel, Wilbert Herminie, Sandy Arissol and Simon Gill.
Many of these assurances target capital investment projects, restructuring within the Ministry of Finance, Trade and Economic Planning and the review of financial laws to tackle issues that emerged during the Budget Address.
Mr Henrie said: “The committee notes all the declarations and promises the president, ministers and other officials make in the Assembly and follow them up through letters, meetings like this one where we get details on progress being made. We also carry out visits to assess and verify for ourselves the said progress before the committee submits its report to the Assembly and this will be before the presentation of the budget end October. This is for us to know how many promises the government has delivered on from the numbers made since September last year, the number not accomplished and the different reasons why.”
Mr Henrie added that the committee follows up on all promises but most importantly those made by the president during his State-of-the-Nation Address and those made by the Finance Minister in the Budget address.
He noted that the follow up is important to ensure that all these promises are delivered on and if not then at least there are very plausible reasons and explanations as to why they have not been accomplished.
Mr Henrie admits that there has been remarkable accomplishments especially with regard to housing where a number of housing estates have been completed and inaugurated and next month the committee is expected to meet officials from the Ministry of Habitat, Infrastructure and Land Transport for an update of progress in that sector.
One of the promises which Mr Henrie said the committee is closely monitoring is the cost of living as there have been questions and motions tabled by both parties and there have been lots of assurances from the government but consumers are yet to see remarkable decreases.
Mr Henrie noted that the cost of living does not only involve the cost of commodities but there are other aspects and elements involved and “we have to ensure that all the different components are in place and together with government find ways to address challenges that continue to impact heavily on prices consumers have to pay”.
Mr Henrie has expressed satisfaction with the working collaboration with the Ministry of Finance and has called on other government ministries to also be as forthcoming because the committee is disappointed with some ministries which are reluctant to provide information the committee requests. He said unfortunately this will come out in the committee’s report and will not reflect well on those ministries and the way they are delivering for the people of Seychelles.
Minister Larose admitted that government is not able to deliver on all promises made for several reasons such as the lack of sufficient human capacity, laws and regulations that need to be updated to include provisions to allow for present day reforms to be carried out.
With regard to local human capacity Minister Larose noted that it is a national problem which the country is trying to address but he also called for a change of mindset among our people in their attitude to work and to do away with the laissez-faire mentality and work hard and deliver as expected of them if we want our country to progress faster and make economic gains which would benefit all our people.
He said that the government alone cannot do all.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=255463

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Still more polorisation. Political colour is a personal choice. One’s prerogative. The prevailing mindset could not reconcile with that. It could be too complicated. The belief everybody should be in ONE camp. No Divergence. Leaders Deified. Self-opinionated. Total allegiance demanded. The march plods on. Rolls louder. Unforetunately. Seychelles needs REAL Change. Change Tangible. With an amalgamation of all the different political colours. ‘Unilateralism’ not the solution. Nor a robotised society. Consciousness of the conscience a natural endowment. Assets positive. Conscience comatosed a punishment. Deprivation. Time to wriggle out of the box.
Reminiscent of THOSE years. Those thirty years. And some. “You are with me. Or against me”. A different opinion – Forbidden Fruit. Banished to ‘les oubliettes’. ‘Leper’ colony. Aftermath an erosion of Human Values. Morality. Humanity. Compassion. Humility. RESPECT.
The country still reeling from that. Divisions on the march. Divides getting larger. Deserts eating into the land. Society Disjointed. Families Dislocated. Dissensions. And more dissensions. Camaraderie a figment. Are there real parallels? To those years. Are those years REVISITED? Concerns are growing. Concerns serious.
It has been said. And repeated. Malfeasance could not be tolerated. It should be addressed. In a professional manner. Commissions to investigate these issues imperative. But, these investigations should be all inclusive. Names dropped. Persons involved should also be investigated. They are to appear before the commission. They were there. Still. The public could want to hear their own version of events. Their role. Their involvement. Directly. Or Indirectly. Or it could be construed as a Witch Hunt. Or searching for a thief with a stolen lamp. Name and Shame. Ulterior motives? What goes round comes round.
There is a bit of posturing. In the opposition. Marked jostling for power. Old ‘Masters’ abandoned. Looking for new pastures. Pastures greener. Opportunists or Genuine? Morality Eroded. Loyalty Diminished. The electorates voted once. The same electorates will vote again.They are electorates. Not illiterates. They are watching.
There is the need to support. Defend Comprehensive Policies. For the good of the country. The nation. The citizens. Self aggrandisement. Arrogance. NOT Comprehensive Policies. They are malignant. They are resisted.
The caretaker at State House is silent. Silent over the conditions of the gift from Abu Dhabi. For housing projects. The nation is still waiting for answers. Consideration for the National Assembly. There is a NEED TO KNOW.
IS NYS THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR THE COUNTRY?
The citizens need a Dignified Seychelles. President with a Mandate. Fresh Elections a Moral Obligation. Resistance to the caretaker intensifies. It is a National effort. Is the caretaker candidate of Parti Lepep? Or the opposition? Or himself? Or a combination of the three? Cocktail bitter/sweet? Clarifications ‘exigees’. Demanded.
The leaders should move away from Path Dependence. Both risky. And very dangerous. There are many other options. Alternatives. They should search for the best in every one. What connects each and evry individual. As THE compass. Compass for irreversible directions. Directions NOT WRITTEN IN SAND. BUT CARVED IN GRANITE. And work for the wellness of Seychelles. Together. Return of Camaraderie.
We take a step backward into the future. With HUMANITY. HUMILITY. COMPASSION. MORALITY. DIGNITY. RESPECT. Code Uplifting. Code Liberative.

Facebook discussion 16/9/17
https://www.facebook.com/groups/439337832942197/permalink/755354164673894/

Comment - It is good to read your post and thoughts - However, question why the nation and political elite did not Protest and take to the streets when they knew President FA Rene intention to pass on Powers to Vice President J A Michel because it suited a handful and now they shout, protest and give us a legitimate President. Last Saturday attended the SDA church in Lille - the speaker was a Brazilian from Bruxelles Church the contents of his Preaching and the first time we had attended the SDA church in Lille in spite of having lived in Kent over 25 years -the Bazilian Church in London and the Spanish Church our knowledge of them for some 27 years -

Lawyer/Mr Daniel Belle the Vice Chair of the Anti corruption Commission studied Law in/At Lille University.

Something very strange happened among those present in the congregation and the long prayer session - became acquainted with a young Seychellois born in Uganda  and she has worked for both Lawyer Philippe Boule and Mrs Kathleen Pillay. The Church know of this connection.

The person who introduce us, daughter studies at Bugema SDA University - mentioned I had wanted to study there and how my life would have been very different, went on to share my study at St Micheal College Toro, Fort Portal the White Brothers - this person works in Uganda too - we discuss President Danny Faure. African Union issues - past Heads of State of Africa.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Sesyon Lasanble Nasyonal yer - Msye Savy i eksplik lenpak labsans GICC dan marse konstriksyon

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=255749

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:47 pm

It is still Sabbath as such not focus/energized to think of utter complex criminal and political scandal - A video was posted by Tele Sesel which is  Phillippe Boule part initiative  and the brief contents of that Financial Committee - there are issues which involve the USA government Bush administration then , PM  Blair, the European Union, South Africa and the African Union, Israel  and Australia . They relate to IMF/World Bank Dominique Strauss Khan then workings  and the UN - do you have/know somebody on the Police Force who can help.  Uncle MJE

Subsequently when President Obama took Office beside trying to meet with his former Law firm Lovell they have and office in London  wrote to him on this topic. How world policing works they would have copies of my emails.

The Mauritius government of Dr N Ramgoolam was involved the FIU and other Mauritius anti Terrorist and Money Laundering national Police were involved.
Included then French government Sarkozy, the Italian government -

In Ireland, Martin Mc Guinness, Adams and the government of Republic of Ireland then.

Then Lord Oxford and my contacts, then Mr Guy Horner Seychelles Community in Exile other prominent Seychellois alive then - those ripping off the workings of that SIROP program, methods being uses and apply, leveraging their economy, market and development and politic then throw the freeking book at my person - they almost had me kidnapped and taken to Guantanamo Bay Prison.

Sir James Mancham knew some of the site, his associates, Reverend Moon then and others his Clubs and Friends. Including Mr Robert Frichot as Lawyer. Then Attorney General Seychelles.

My letters of protest to the European court, the UNHCR, Vatican, European Court of Human Rights and my Lawyers in London 2006/7

For too long the Justice system of Sechelles Seychelles, the Bar Association and the Government have taken us those representing and working the issues and interests of that 25,000 exiles and refugees for utter fools - yet they watch TV and Read International News papers. We did not acquire our workings and understanding of Intelligence and Policing in London we had been educated and those high and older personalities representing that SIROP program knowledge of how the Police and Intelligence Communities work in this case the Irish. Later events of 1978 onward./

What matters is that , that SIROP Program was supposed to be clean, quasi Official and as such when one works international clean Refugee/Exile Program the Benchmarks and what this imply as such the Irish entities, politicians , Police and Intelligence Services and their Illuminati involved and involvements

A very great deal of water have flown under  that SIROP Bridge sufficient to say the Irish Peace accord and the Good Friday agreement related was driven and synergized by that SIROP program whatever name other choose to use - the manner SNP have handled the whole of their Opposition workings  either they were being dictated by somebody or they just had no clue what real politic and world politic was all about - the poor Seychellois who bitches of Freedoms and Democracy and what have you, they have no clue of what took place and was taking place,  they did not have a mind/brain of their own.

In Britain this said the very manner we chose the firm Hopkin, Murrrey and Besking based in North London then and the large Irtish Communities how communities work and who knows what and who watches whom and etc. Along with several very serious Law firms we have used and addressed a one time or other some of the issues.

Nobody in that National Assembly finance Commission mentions that then British government /politicians opposed that the Irish become involved in our Seychelles policing and Regulatory  - because of the manner of that SIROP program,  had insisted/stressed they be given a role. In Ireland all those who knew, the Police, the Intelligence Services and the Political factions, those in London, the USA, Canada, Australia and Europe - those who understand the Italian high corporate and Family workings the Irish are not different.  The European Union Institutions knew about these, the UN Knew about these and those in /France the government,
Intelligence knew and equally South African, Israel.

Should a bit of the truth be told it  was not the Russian who messed up the last USA election  and the very important why the US establishments, media and Illuminati refuse to take note.

https://www.facebook.com/1934059633518184/videos/2004316669825813/

Serious Fraud Office (United Kingdom)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serious_Fraud_Office_(United_Kingdom)

Arthur Andersen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Andersen

Enron scandal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_scandal

Welcome to WANGO, World Association of Non-Governmental ...
http://www.wango.org/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan: - Page 3 Empty "Most important institutions in the country are dysfunctional."

Post  Sirop14 Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Thursday 28 September 2017
A letter from Patrick Pillay
"Most important institutions in the country are dysfunctional."
Re: Your interview with MNA Bernard Georges in your edition of Monday25 September.I have read this interview at least three times. Since my name is mentioned at least twice; I feel compelled to express myself on some of the issues raised by you and the interviewee. Perhaps it would be good if you or Hon. Georges would clarify who are the hawkish elements in LDS !!
I will express myself as I usually do freely since I believe in freedom of expression and in healthy debate. We have been muzzled for too long and to this day many are afraid to be free thinkers and express their opinion freely.
1-In my considered opinion, the first answer given by Hon. Georges is a fallacy "They see the three branches of Government operating independently of each other in the running of the country "…I do not believe that this is an accurate statement of the real state of play between the three branches of Government. I would refer Hon. Georges to the newspaper ' Le Seychellois Hebdo (the mouthpiece of the Party of which he was a founding member) dated Friday 15 September 2017; page 3 where there is an article entitled “CJ undermines Faure.” The article speaks volumes!
It would be true to say that the National Assembly is transparent and as an institution with it's different committees, their deliberations have been aired live on both SBC TV and radio. The same transparency cannot be said of the exsecutive and the judiciary.
I am surprised that Hon. Georges believes no one should have an economic ideology in Seychelles. I had the impression that as a founding member of the SNP, the Party had an economic ideology. I believe that under President Rene, the SPPF had an economic ideology. As the Leader of 'Lalyans Seselwa' I talked lengthily about the Party's economic ideology at our last Party Convention in the ICCS in 2016.
2-I am confused (but then perhaps like Mr Laine, the MNA may be of the view that I am an old politician!) by the statement “But instead of a confrontational debate, discussions take place out of the public eye.” I do wish Mr.Editor, that you had asked the Hon interviewee more details on these 'out of the public eye' discussions....
3- If "the people are ready to vote us into State House; what then are we waiting for? I believe that the National Institutions have competent and independent professionals; with the exception perhaps of the Police and the Prisons. I have heard the argument that we should clean up the electoral commission and wait for Mr.Gappy to get out. But let me put two points to you the Seychellois. Firstly, we now have a seven member electoral commission as opposed to five in 2016. Secondly in September 2016, the country went to the polls for the National Assembly elections and we in the opposition i.e LDS won a clear majority of 15 to PLP's 10 seats. Who is at the head of the electoral commission? You guessed right. It was Mr.Gappy. Let me also remind you that a national census was carried out this year and it ended on the 30th August 2017. Are we going to wait until 2020 to have a credible voters register? Are we so bent to see the back of Hendricks Gappy, that we are prepared to throw out the baby with the bathwater?
Hon Georges says "we are getting there, but we are not there yet " When will we get there Hon. Georges? When " Boboy" has bolted?
4-You are right Mr. Editor. Hon Georges is incredibly kind to Mr. Michel in his interview. The FPAC in the National Assembly has shown clearly the link between James Michel, Alain Butler-Payette and Lise Bastienne in regards to the massive irregularities uncovered in the FIU/NDEA investigations. The fact that Mr Michel “was a product of the coup;” “being in power for too long wears a man down;” “the man was tired and you cannot blame him,” I am absolutely astounded by your non-arguments to justify James Michel's actions Hon. Georges. Nothing, I mean nothing can justify the massive corruption and pilfering that took place under James Michel's watch. He had power; then he had absolute power and as the old saying goes "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” The fact of the matter is that the twelve years of the Michel administration were twelve years of kleptocracy... And to this day we have well placed kleptomaniacs in our midst. Wrong is wrong Hon. Georges and no amount of white-washing will make it go away...
5- Hon. Georges says that “if there are suspected transgressions of laws FPAC would refer them to other institutions for further actions amongst them the police and ACCS”. Are you kidding me Hon. Georges? The police is completely dysfunctional and the Leadership must change. I have said this publicly many times. As for ACCS; it has no teeth... I heard May de Silva (who in my view is a decent professional ) say recently that ACCS does not prosecute. They carry out the investigation and then pass on their case(s) to the AG's office. And who does the AG report to? Mr Editor your question was spot-on “the law of the country says that a punishment has to be imposed for a crime.” Is this applicable only in the case of Francois Misere from La Misère and not applicable to to the so called public figures who were entrusted with the welfare of the nation and abused the people's trust? This goes very contrary to the LDS manifesto on which I campaigned in AnseBoileau and where I won comfortably. I owe it to the people of AnseBoileau therefore to speak out when necessary...
6- The next three questions or rather the answers given really got my blood racing. Luckily I have very normal BP. Seriously Hon Georges, you really think that "it is unlikely that punishment will follow." And you do not believe that we can recover the assets (money stolen). Honestly...Perhaps we should be asking our very own Ombudsman to give a consultancy to the now famous and much-loved South African Public Prosecutor ThuliMadonsela. She exposed the shenanigans of the very corrupt South African President Jacob Zuma and he now has to return some of the money embezzled back to the state coffers.
Another well documented case ( and you can consult Dr. Google Hon Georges) is that of SaniAbacha of Nigeria. He was a military leader and a politician. He was Nigeria's President from 1993 to 1998. In 2006, the Swiss Authorities returned US$500 million to Nigeria; the first time European banks had returned looted money to an African country. Nigeria's Anti-Corruption Agency estimated at the time that US$400 billion had been looted from this oil-rich country. There are other documented cases in India for example since PM Modi has come into power etc. Mr. Editor you are right when you ask " In September 2016, the opposition wanted the Seychellois to believe that corruption had reached alarming levels. Yet one year later we still have nobody behind bars.” The answer is simple. There is no strong, tangible, proven political will to prosecute anybody. This is compounded by the fact that the waltzing lady and her clique are themselves mired and entangled in all sorts of shenanigans. Furthermore, one has to understandthe rather delicate and difficult situation President Faure finds himself in at the moment, He was, after all Minister of Finance and Vice President working under the watch of James Michel…Would anybody in his position feel comfortable if his boss/collaborator was prosecuted? The simple answer is NO!
7- Hon Georges has made it clear that his leader Mr. Ramkalawan " is not saying that the President should go the full term but he is not asking for the elections to be held now either. This is what Mr Pillay is advocating" Let me explain my position one more time. I am not asking for the elections to be held now. I am asking AND WILL CONTINUE TO ASK that presidential elections are held in mid 2018. The budget will have been approved by the National Assembly for the year 2018; the National census was completed at the end of August this year and if the Electoral Commission is as professional, competent and efficient as I believe it is; then what stops us from having presidential elections in June/July 2018?
8- I would now like to justify my position. As the Speaker of the National Assembly; the MNA for AnseBoileau; the Chairman of the Anti-Victimisation Committee; and the Vice Chairman of the High Level Prisons Reform Committee; I believe that most important institutions in the country are dysfunctional. The nurses are unhappy; the teachers are de-motivated; the prisons are at a dangerous point where a serious rebellion is waiting to happen. As for the Police Force; it is a major calamity. I believe the Commissioner of Police should be replaced because of poor or non-existent leadership. KishnaLabonte has been a Deputy Commissiner before he was defenestrated because of political victimisation. He has been a Magistrate for many years and knows the law by kidney if not by heart. He has done an excellent job at the Head of the NDEA. Appoint him as Commissioner and keep NDEA under his wing. GodfraHermitte was also a Deputy Commissioner. Why can't he get back his job as Assistant to KrisnaLabonte. Raymond Louise was once Police Commissioner and was also defenestrated because he did not "tow the line." Why can't he be appointed as Head of the Police Academy? He is an experienced, disciplined and a bright professional. If at 68, I can keep the NA under control why can't we give others who have retired a chance to contribute to the development of our beautiful Seychelles?
9- The judiciary has lost credibility and respect. Please refer to my point on the Hebdo article of 15th September 2017. With the Karunakaran saga and now at least two lawyers have filed a case against the CJ. Can it get any worse? Will the President take action? Like him, she is not elected. I am the only head of the three arms of Government who is elected. “Il faut le dire…”
Can this country therefore continue as is? The resounding answer from most people I have talked to including those in the business community is a DEFINITE NO.
10- If we were to await for presidential elections in 2020, the time limit for bringing action, whether criminal or civil against an ex-President will have expired as per article 59 (2) of the constitution which speaks of criminal and civil proceedings that "may be brought within THREE years of a person ceasing to hold or discharge the functions of the office of President. JAM stepped down in 2016, so by October 2019 no action can be taken against him. Is this what the majority of the Seychellois want? I am not advocating vengeance or retribution. I am simply standing up for Justice, especially in view of the fact that Millions were stolen. Was he not the one who said in 2004 " Judge me by my actions".
Konm dir nou gran moun " ZanmenKrasanler...”
Patrick Georges Pillay

https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/posts/1452796194758186

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Again. Voices from the long ago. The past pronounces on Truth. National Campaign for Truth. Which version? The opium of Seychelles Society? Truth “Liberative”? Truth Divisive? Truth “Polarisive”? Truth “Devilisive”? Disguised Truth Commission? Context notwithstanding. Motive withal. Truth is SUBJECTIVE.

By consensus. Focus sparing. Limited. On Real Issues. Fundamentals. Lots of sensation. Little on/of substance. Emotive. Finance Public Account Committee: Did it go far enough? Did it tick all the boxes? Did it call everybody involved? To give their own version of events? It failed. They were there. Was it an attempt at humiliating? Disparaging? Denigrating? Enquiries into any malfeasance a priority. With objectivity. Impartiality. Leadership Values emerging.

Latest Assembly enquiry sends mixed signals. Is the National Assembly a maffiosi-run establishment? Is there a Protection Money scheme? Down payment on GREED? Is that Racketeering? Is the opposition in opposition to itself? To morality? To the electorates? Electorates who voted for them? Is that the height of hypocrisy? Double standard? Are there two government leaders in the Assembly? Result of COHABITATION?
Electorates are watching. The Jury is out.

There is a growing awareness. Of a “piecemeal” solution. Solutions palliative. To serious issues. Not much to be expected. With Policies as Clear as Mud. Presently. a case of “More lipstick on the old pig”. Some lessons could not be taught. They must be lived to be understood.

RESPECT. RESPECT. RESPECT. A mantra for so long. Is taking roots. It could only move forward. By/On its own momentum. Snowballing. Society could experience Real Change. Respect could bring Comprehensive Policies. “Rain starts with a single drop”.

Good policies. Comprehensive policies. Practical policies. Not an Herculean task. Simple. The child. The focal point. Policies formulated round the child. The needs of the child. Education. Health. Wellness. Job. Housing. Infrastructure. Social. Political Einsteins could have more boxes. Society Compassionate. Morality Underlying. Respect Common Denominator. A Begin. Begin towards the long journey. Journey of thousands of kilometers of Dirt Road.

Appeal to Caretaker State House. Appeal renewed. Where are the conditions. Of the Housing Gift from Abu Dhabi? When are they Public knowledge? The National Assembly should take issue. What are they doing? Politicians silent on any/all Abu Dhabi issues. They should be articulate. Citizens could never be contained. To live in demarcated areas. Could be seen as ‘Reserves’. Social Mobility a prerogative.

The new Commissione of Police feted. He is for each. Every person. Not for specific individuals. Any specific groups. Commissioner of Police for the whole country. Wishing him the support of everybody. The Respect of All. Existing Judiciary saga comes to mind. “Balier neuf y balier propre”.

Elections are not won with Truth stories. Ghosts of yesteryears. With policies. As clear as mud. With arrogance. Greed. Elections are won with Comprehensive policies. Policies for a government Compassionate. Government of Humility. Policies for a morrow of hope.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/439337832942197/permalink/763348880541089/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:21 am

We have three Presidents
October 15, 2017
Seychelles is closed for business

This is what many foreign investors and local people in the business sector are saying as business activities slow down to a crawl and the costs of living is skyrocketing to new heights. This situation has been created due to the fact that the country has no direction and the uncertainty being generated has brought with it a chaotic condition. The fact that we have three Presidents makes the situation that much worse.

We have the Head of State at State House, the Speaker of the National Assembly, who believes that State House is his rightful place and the Honorable Leader of Opposition, who is saying that his time has come. They are all jostling for position on a daily basis and competing aggressively for exposure, which is causing a lot of confusion amongst the ordinary folks; “when elephants fight, it is the grass
that suffers”, an old African proverb, meaning that the weak get hurt in conflicts between the powerful in the cohabitation.

http://seychellesrealitytoday.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/we-have-three-presidents.html

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:03 pm

“A man’s happiness is not measured by the vastness of his wealth. But by the fewness of his wants”. Relevant to/in Seychelles. Any tangible signs. Claims that Country larger than individuals. Real situations show POCKETS larger than anything. Than everything. Large ‘STOMACHA’. Insatiable greed. The detriment of the nation.
Some politicians are UNELECTABLE. Obvious. From a while back. Evidenced by the vote trend. The Vote data. Clear pattern. From/For elections past. Politicians aware of their situation. With/In the knowledge. Of their predicament. Their “inelectability”. Amass Wealth. The focus. The alternative. Cohabitation: Nest full of good eggs. Cohabitation: THE GOLDEN EGGS. The Electorates: THE HEN. Accessed to the privilege few. Denied to the majority many. Still. Change voted for. Everyone to their own.
Electorates should be fearless. Fearless in their protests. Protesters in the past. Enemies of the State. Sent to “Les Oubliettes”. Present terminology. Extremists. That statement could be a veiled threat. Sinister warning. Situations revisited? That be it. It should not be the main Fear. Ultimate: The Corrosive Effect of Silence.
“Divorce from PL”. Choice of words unenviable. Statesmanship Decried. “A President for ALL. Without any political affiliations”. More appropriate. Same message. More refined. Caretaker does not share. Same ideoloigies. Same convicions. It took a long time. A very long time. Indeed! Realisation two decades and some. Too late. Revelations confusing.
The caretaker of State House divorced himself. From PL. The “mandate” is from PL. “Mandate” appended with Convictions. Appendages severed. “Mandate” obsolete. Convictions denounced. “Mandate” renounced. Convictions differ. “Mandate” returned to Legitimate Entity. The Nation. The People. The ONLY legitimate party. “Mandate” deposited on the altar of RESPECT. There exists one option. To do the honourable thing. There is only one honourable thing. Moral authority compromised. Eroded. The country does not deserve that. And that. Does not deserve the country. Again. Everybody to their own.
The events. More disturbing. Than interesting. There could be a Cabinet reshuffle. Soon. Aim: FORM A GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL UNITY. First steps towards ONE PARTY STATE Eventually a Macron style political party. For Elections. The only alternative. Alternative for survival. Survival of their own. Egocentricity the latest virtue. Opportunism the new creed. Cohabitation. In the dustbin of history.
Electorates should go back in time. Time little while ago. Try to recall. Recall what thy voted for. Recall all the campaign promises. Electorates should focus. Focus on All Political Party Leaders. Eventual Leadership Challenge optional. Could be decisive. Decisive in all major deliberations. Deliberations for a better morrow. A morrow of hope. To prevent a Government of National Unity. Back to ONE PARTY SYSTEM. There are UNELECTABLES. UNELECTABLES in the political hierachy.
The Country needs FRESH BLOOD. UNADULTERATED. Visionaries. (The righjt sense). From any/all political spectrum. Existing political parties. Or new ones. Comprehensive Policies. With Compassion. Humanity. Tolerance. Humility. RESPECT.
The Nation awaits. The conditions of the Housing Gifts from Abu Dhabi. The habitants demand it. They do not want to fight. For what is theirs. Their Birth Entitlement.
There are many modern Pied Pipers of Hamelin. With two distinct twists. They are paid for their services. Handsomely too. And their own compatriots. They are the New Pied Pipers of The Seychelles.
The call gets louder. The “Mandate” should be returned. To their legitimate heirs. The People. FRESH ELECTIONS YESTERDAY.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/439337832942197/permalink/771163976426246/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:59 pm

National Assembly strives to be more open and freely accessible

National Assembly strives to be more open and freely accessible

03-November-2017

The National Assembly of Seychelles is looking to learn more about how the public views its work and how it can improve its website and the services that it offers to the public via an Online Survey.
With the increase of public engagement, the National Assembly is striving to provide a transparent service to enable the public to engage with the parliamentary work going on,
participate in decision making and use resources that will soon be available to educate about parliament and democracy.
In the attempt to set universal benchmarks for good practice in the communications of the National Assembly and the Parliamentary website, members of the public can access the Survey on the facebook page, which will only take 5 minutes to complete and the responses completely anonymous.
Survey Link: http://bit.ly/nationalassemblysey
In an effort to engage the public and disseminate information as fast as possible the National Assembly has launched a Youtube Channel whereby live streaming of Sittings will be available, as well as videos of past Sittings and Committee Public Hearings.
In addition, the National Assembly has also launched a Facebook Page to encourage the public to participate and engage with the parliamentary work that is progressing.
Parliamentary websites can help members of the public engage with the members of the National Assembly, the Secretariat and the democratic process.
The National Assembly in particular understands that the social media platform and parliamentary website can be a powerful vehicle to enhance democratic communication, as well as transparency, public participation, representation and accountability; all of which are elements the National Assembly values and are crucial in contributing to the quality of a liberal
democracy.
The National Assembly is encouraging members of the public to follow the Facebook Page and Subscribe to the Youtube Channel to stay up to date with Sittings, Order Papers and Parliamentary Business.
As the National Assembly continues to strive towards being more open and freely accessible further talks are being held with SBC on the way forward for the live broadcasting of the Sittings and educational programmes.
Facebook: @nationalassemblyseychelles
Youtube Channel: The National Assembly of Seychelles

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan: - Page 3 Empty What is it consultation or collusion?

Post  Sirop14 Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 pm

What is it consultation or collusion?
November 03, 2017
When Sir James Mancham returned home after 15 years of forced exile, he preached the message of National Reconciliation. He was right for the good of the country, although not everything said right is triggered by the right motive. At the time, his critics coming straight from Arpent Vert asked the question of whether he was really searching for National Reconciliation or rather personal reconciliation between himself and Albert Rene, the man who ousted him from power and the President of Seychelles then. They were also right, because a few years later Mr. Mancham was able to reconcile himself with all his personal properties, which were wrongfully taken away from him after the Coup d’état and also those of his ancestors.

Nothing is new under the sun, so says the book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible. We are living in a world of repetition and what happened yesterday will surely happen again in the future, albeit in another form. So in the context of Seychelles’ politics today, is history repeating itself? How long will the broad mass continue to be trodden upon by a few who believe they are smart? Heaven knows!

http://seychellesrealitytoday.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/what-is-it-consultation-or-collusion.html

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:33 pm

Everything is OK in the cohabitation in Seychelles… But is it really?
November 03, 2017
Today I start with the Big Interview by Wavel Ramkalawan where he states and I quote “support the current power sharing system because it is part of a healing process”. What is healing many are asking and insinuating that it could be his personal ego? Because he is now too far from reality. People are suffering more than ever before. The country has come to a sudden hazy stop and Ramkalawan call this a healing process. The Stevedore Workers stopped work and Ferrari left them to the Workers UNION. Nurses came on to the road to seek better conditions, Fishing boat owners came out too and this is healing for Ramkalawan; just because he is doing ok for himself. People are suffering and nothing has changed for the working men and women since the last elections. Life is harder than before and this is healing for Ramkalawan. This is what some are saying is OK. but is it really ?

Many at the Simon Esparon funeral were angry when they saw CAA Members arrive. They are being blamed for the state of insecurity in the country. Father Lonnie Adrienne also reconfirmed in his sermon that Seychelles is in a State of Lawlessness. But were the people present justified in blaming the CAA Members for this sad state of affairs in Seychelles; where murders and daily theft are taking place? This is what some are saying is OK. but is it really ?

http://seychellesrealitytoday.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/everything-is-ok-in-cohabitation-in.html

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Land is scace in The Seychelles. That is a given. Yet the Nation does not join in the conversation. Or has little say. In how land is used and developed. It is time to create mechanisms. Mechanisms which will allow for more consultations in this field.
On a macro level. The government could propose a white paper. Which will outline its land use policy for the coming years. And present it as a consultation document/paper.
On a local level. Major plans involving (large) development of land for hotels, business parks, flats, etc. Should be proposed to the public for consultaion. Combined with the possibility for the public or parties. With an interest of the development. To legally challenge the proposed license.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm

How many plots of farm land for Patrick Pillay?

November 25, 2017
There are rumors that Patrick Pillay is requesting yet another plot of farm land from Government.

The allegation is that Pillay is importing twenty cows from Kenya. Our source in the National Assembly has informed us that Pillay wants to fly in the cows from Kenya and is adamant that the beasts will be placed under quarantine on his farm. This arrangement is not one that is in the best interest of the country, because the possibility of disease being imported in the country is high. This will bring his total of cows to twenty-one considering he already has “Pti Cowboy”.
http://seychellesrealitytoday.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/how-many-plots-of-farm-land-for-patrick.html

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan: - Page 3 Empty Seychelles undergoes second round of AML/CFT Mutual Evaluation

Post  Sirop14 Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Seychelles undergoes second round of AML/CFT Mutual Evaluation

29-November-2017
Seychelles is currently undergoing the second round Mutual Evaluation Assessment which is being conducted by a 12-strong delegation of assessors from the Eastern and Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG) of which Seychelles is a founding member.
Also present are two observers from the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (Comesa).
This assessment of the country’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) regime is based on the FATF’s 40 recommendations new methodology issued in 2013.
In line with agreed procedures for ESAAMLG Mutual Evaluations, the assessors are meeting with various stakeholders to review the AML/CFT institutional framework, the relevant AML/CFT laws, regulations, guidelines and other requirements, the regulatory and other systems in place to deter and prosecute money laundering (ML) and the financing of terrorism (FT) through financial institutions, Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions (DNFBP).
The assessors will also examine the capacity, the implementation, and effectiveness of all these systems.
The Mutual Evaluation Assessment is a national exercise which began on November 20 and will end on December 5, 2017 whereby the assessors are considering all the materials supplied by the local authorities, the information obtained on-site during this mission in the country, as well as other verifiable information subsequently provided by the authorities. The assessment team have begun and will continue to meet with officials and representatives of all relevant government agencies and the private sector during the first two weeks of their stay.
At the end of this mission, the assessment team will present a draft report of their findings to the authorities.
The report will also describe and analyse those measures, set out the country’s level of compliance with the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) 40 recommendations, the effectiveness of the measures in place and provide recommendations on the measures to be taken to address any shortcomings.
The mutual evaluation exercise is designed to assess a country’s compliance with the international AML/CFT standards. This involves assessing whether the necessary laws, regulations or other measures required under the essential criteria of the FATF Methodology are in force and effective, whether there has been a full and proper implementation of all the necessary measures, and whether the AML/CFT system as implemented is effective.
The first Mutual Evaluation Report of Seychelles which took place in 2006 was approved and adopted by the ESAAMLG Council of Ministers in August 2008 after discussion and adoption by the ESAAMLG Task Force of Senior Officials.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Assembly’s FPAC presses on with investigation at first meeting for 2018
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=257218#

Assembly’s Islands Committee reviews and lays down programme of work
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=257216

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 pm

National Assembly opens its doors to special guests
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=257267

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Wavel Ramkalawan is deadly wrong

01-February-2018
STRPP presenting its in-depth report to President Faure
I write this article in response to and on behalf of concerned citizens specially those who have suffered during the Coup D’état and the period that followed until President Faure became President on October 16, 2016. Our web site www.seychellestruthreconciliation.sc and our phones have been inundated with calls since Wavel Ramkalawan gave his interview on SBC (in the newly created programme Tête-à-tête aired on January 22) and announced his idea of how the Truth and Reconciliation process should proceed. People are saying “Wavel has gone mad” and his idea will lead us into chaos and an unsatisfactory resolution to this delicate matter. They say clearly Wavel has not done any homework and he is copying what other countries have done and taking us down the same precipice.To be fair to Wavel we must admire his relentless quest to be the President of Seychelles, a feat that has eluded him so many times and yet the man keeps pushing the mountain and not giving up. In the words of Kelly Rowland “Never give up your dream because you never know what the Lord can bless you with”. We also recognise Wavel has great stamina because he has been fighting for a number of years, the evils of the last 40 years of one party state and autocratic previous regimes.
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=257490

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Lasanble Nasyonnal i demande ki en Komite Lasanble Nasyonal pour Laverite, Rekonsilyasyon e Linite Nasyonal, I ganny etabli avek bann lobzektiv swivan: - Page 3 Empty ‘The Truth and Reconciliation Committee is a committee of the National Assembly and not of a specific member’

Post  Sirop14 Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm

‘The Truth and Reconciliation Committee is a committee of the National Assembly and not of a specific member’

08-February-2018

The Truth & Reconciliation Committee was set up under Article 104 of the Constitution, which provides the National Assembly with the powers to create Committees, which is one of the main mechanisms that the institution uses to foster good governance, transparency and accountability.
A large part of the work of the members of the National Assembly takes place in these very Committees that are constitutionally empowered, where policy issues are considered, the work and expenditure of the government is analysed and proposals for legislation examined and investigated.
The Committees are central to the oversight role of the institution and are mandated to carry out a given function and then report back to the House with recommendations and findings.
The Truth & Reconciliation Committee was unanimously approved by the National Assembly in November 2016.
Committees at the National Assembly comprises members from both political parties in the House for diversity in contribution and work.
The Truth & Reconciliation Committee is no different as it comprises seven members namely, Hon. Wavel Ramkalawan as the chairperson, Hon. Charles De Commarmond as the vice-chairperson, Hon. François Adelaide, Hon. Nicholas Prea, Hon. Bernard Georges, Hon. Basil Hoareau and Hon. Simon Gill.
The National Assembly would like to inform the public that the Truth & Reconciliation Committee is working on the final draft of a proposed piece of legislation that will be presented as part of its report to the National Assembly. Following from this, should the National Assembly approve what is proposed it will be presented to the Executive for further action.
As a mandated Select Committee, once the Truth & Reconciliation Committee has submitted its report, it will have fulfilled its task, will be dissolved and cease to exist.
Members of the public are encouraged to submit their personal contributions to this Committee and any Committee of the National Assembly as part of participating in democracy. This includes any questions or concerns any member of the public may have.

Contributed by the National Assembly
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=257590

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Tex J. G. Albert shared his post to the group: Seychelles Hero: Gerard Hoarau.
35 mins ·
'Speaking to the local press after the meeting, Mr. Rogers said “This Commission is for finding out the truth about what happened in a difficult period of Seychelles’ history. It’s about allowing victims to tell their story and allowing perpetrators to give their versions of events and explained why things happened. It’s about national reconciliation and hopefully, with the process, we will see some healing,” said Mr. Rogers.
Mr. Rogers who has a background in transitional justice, has assisted other countries in that important tasks, namely Cambodia, Sri Lankan, Uganda, Rwanda among others.'

Tex J. G. Albert shared State House Seychelles's post to the group: Sesel Mon Rapel - Seychelles: I Remember / Je Me Souviens.
4 hrs ·
'President Danny Faure received international British lawyer, Richard Rogers, today at State House today. He was accompanied by the Leader of the Opposition, who is also the chairman of the Truth, Reconciliation and National Unity Committee, Honourable Wavel Ramkalawan and Leader of Government Business in the National Assembly who is also a member of the Committee, Honourable Charles Decomarmond.

Mr. Rogers is on an official visit in Seychelles to assist the Committee in the drafting of a model law that will be appropriate to Seychelles for the Truth and Reconciliation Commission that will be set up soon.'

President Faure received international British lawyer, Richard Rogers

Fri, 16 February 2018

218K  206K  1863
President Danny Faure received international British lawyer, Richard Rogers, today at State House today. He was accompanied by the Leader of the Opposition, who is also the chairman of the Truth, Reconciliation and National Unity Committee, Honourable Wavel Ramkalawan and Leader of Government Business in the National Assembly who is also a member of the Committee, Honourable Charles Decomarmond.

Mr. Rogers is on an official visit in Seychelles to assist the Committee in the drafting of a model law that will be appropriate to Seychelles for the Truth and Reconciliation Commission that will be set up soon.

President Faure welcomed Mr. Rogers to State House and commended the two leaders for the bipartisan approach on this very important work which will lead the establishment of a Truth and Reconciliation Commission. The President thanked Mr. Rogers for his valuable contribution and support given to the committee.

Speaking to the local press after the meeting, Mr. Rogers said “This Commission is for finding out the truth about what happened in a difficult period of Seychelles’ history. It’s about allowing victims to tell their story and allowing perpetrators to give their versions of events and explained why things happened. It’s about national reconciliation and hopefully, with the process, we will see some healing,” said Mr. Rogers.

Mr. Rogers who has a background in transitional justice, has assisted other countries in that important tasks, namely Cambodia, Sri Lankan, Uganda, Rwanda among others.

View all news
http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/news.php?news_id=3829

Partners | Global Diligence
www.globaldiligence.com/en/about-us/founding-partners/
RICHARD J ROGERS. An expert in international human rights and international criminal law, Richard advises governments, businesses, international organisations, or individuals facing legal challenges stemming from armed conflict or unstable environments. Richard is a qualified lawyer in California, England and Wales, ...
http://www.globaldiligence.com/en/about-us/founding-partners/

Richard J. Rogers | Professional Profile - LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-j-rogers-231b88111
Other - ‎Founding Partner - ‎Global Diligence LLP
View Richard J. Rogers' profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Richard J. has 9 ... Richard is a qualified lawyer in California (current practicing certificate), England and Wales (unregistered barrister), as well as Cambodia. He worked for ... He has UK Government security clearance. Moreover, he ...

Land grabbing in Cambodia. Richard Rogers' battle for the truth ...
https://www.lifegate.com/people/news/land-grabbing-cambodia-richard-rodgers
15 Mar 2017 - It is especially thanks to British lawyer Richard Rogers that the International Criminal Court (ICC) announced in September that environmental destruction will be considered a crime against humanity. It is thanks to him that the case of land grabs (land concessions granted, often illegally, to foreign investors) ...
https://www.lifegate.com/people/news/land-grabbing-cambodia-richard-rodgers

Breaking: British lawyer Richard Rogers... - The Phnom Penh Post ...
https://www.facebook.com/PhnomPenhPost/posts/855990761087535
Breaking: British lawyer Richard Rogers files ICC complaint against Cambodia's 'ruling elite' for 'widespread and systematic' land grabbing.

The Cambodia Tribunal's Richard Rogers in Phnom Penh - Law.com
https://www.law.com/almID/1202428912520
11 Mar 2009 - On March 31 after 30 years of impunity senior members of the bloody Khmer Rouge regime will face their first trial before a United Nations-backed tribunal in Cambodia. Richard Rogers the British-born lawyer coordinating the defense team for the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia tells ...

Richard Rogers | Open Development Cambodia (ODC)
https://opendevelopmentcambodia.net/en/tag/richard-rogers/
A British lawyer has asked the International Criminal Court to investigate “widespread and systematic” land grabbing in Cambodia over the past 14 years as a crime against humanity. The complaint filed in The Hague yesterday by lawyer Richard Rogers, who is officially representing 10 Cambodian victims, ... Kevin ...

British lawyer targets 'ruling elite' in ICC complaint, National, Phnom ...
www.phnompenhpost.com/national/british-lawyer-targets-ruling-elite-icc-complaint
7 Oct 2014 - A British lawyer has asked the International Criminal Court to launch an investigation into “widespread and systematic” land grabbing in Cambodia for more than a decade by what he calls the Kingdom's “ruling elite”. The complaint filed with the Hague court today by lawyer Richard Rogers, who is ...

Richard J Rogers,MAP Member, Lawyer, International criminal law and Human Rights expert
https://youtu.be/70L3ig6FX_o

How a lawyer's salary surges once it reaches £100,000
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03179/celebs-amal-cloone_3179078b.jpg

Edwin Adrienne This is dragging out too long. It is simple - we need a framework in place to allow those who are responsible for the atrocities of the past to come forward and tell the truth, so the families who have suffered most can have closure, and answers. It takes very little courage to take up arms and take over a defenceless nation but it takes true courage to step forward and tell the truth - not "my" truth but simply THE TRUTH. Unfortunately we lack a Mandela amognst us.

Josette Hoarau We would like some more background information on Mr. Rogers. Is he acting pro-bono? If not, who is paying for it? What was the criteria and the procedure for his selection and was this position advertised? Some more details of his background and experience would also be helpful.

Last edited by Sirop14 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Sudharsan Singham shared Lavwa Loto's post to the group: Lalyans pour tou Seselwa.
2 hrs ·
Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting and indoor
‎Lavwa Loto‎ to Office of Leader of the Opposition - Seychelles
10 hrs ·
In the Spirit of Clarity

Truth and National Reconciliation Committee rounds up its work

On Thursday 15th February, the Leader of the Opposition, Hon Wavel Ramkalawan chaired a meeting of the Truth and National Reconciliation Committee. The meeting was a working session with Mr. Richard Rogers, an international human rights lawyer, who had been assisting them with the drafting of the model law that is to be presented together with the final report of the Committee.
At that meeting a final review of the law was done. The proposed text was reviewed and all members reached consensus on it.

The next step is the presentation of the report to the National Assembly. Once adopted, the report, together with the proposed law, will be sent to the President, who in turn will have it approved by the Cabinet. The final step will be for the Attorney General to finalise the piece of legislation, have it gazetted and passed by the National Assembly.

The hope of the Committee is that by the 18th June, when the country celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Constitution, the Commission will have been established and the process of truth, reconciliation and national unity can begin.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=150112459131451&set=gm.531688687231696&type=3&theater

Comment - Little wonder that Yugoslav politicians took poison in the middle of the ICC Session all the judges, court officials and the media the so call Justice system and delivery/benchmark today

Will we be allow to request some kind of representation from those leading Law firms that advised on the SIROP program, other members /leading person of the Justice such as Sir George Souyave person in Exile, Chief Justice Dodurado from Zanzibar, Lord Beloff and others those who handled the High Court Review on that SIROP program those law firms in Folkestone , Canterbury an Maidstone and the person of Judge Wolf, those from South Africa and the USA, France. The Mandela and ANC/Pan African Congress major debacles

All the leading NGO Lawyers we have been in contacts and seek helped to address the issues to the UNHCR and the European Courts

Beside other law first the former Chamber of Judge Ben Chataway today for the Daugherty Chamber and what we have be addressing him in writing and those Law firms in Strasbourg Racine and those in Rouen will we be be getting some kind of financial support from the state or the international communities or the UN or EU to help; address the very long and complicate or are they going to stew and botched every thing up and then say that is Justice and how it happened and that is history.

The Seychelles government the National Assembly and other international Justice Body ought to do their research how and why the ICC got created on the back of that SIROP program we were the first to initiate, demand this kind of institutions to try among other European leading Politicians and their institutions what ensued.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:48 am

Good morning world, we had wanted to blog or News the developing instead en devoured to find our more about Human Rights leading lawyer Rogers and came across the Sri :Lanka video statement which we have posted at our Community Forum - this is a very important example of the double standard of global politic and Justice System and its benchmark - our Seychelles exile/refugees workings beside Africa and the Gulf linking politic then Cold War had important linking issues to/with the Tamil Tigers and the Sri Lanka government. The many instance our issues have influenced military and killing/death in that Country and both side knew about and have known about this and the important why - what the British and international media then write have written among one of the important issue the Tamil Tiger communities in Britain and Europe, the Lady Thatcher government and politic refugees/exiles and everybody pretend would like the world to believe it never happened, the Boat incident of putting the ex Tigers on a Prison Barge in the Thames and the project we presented to her government at the time of taking one of the Island in the BIOT group and creating a special colony under the UN mandate, the idea of the SNM/MPR to get mercenary to create a situation on BIOT to attract world attention to our plight/politic get the USA to become involved directly for several exile/refugee communities then in Britain including Seychelles and Illois. May be leading lawyer Rogers education and experience how he has dealt with Black politic and Africa we from the Seychelles it was not the Black who were leading the fight //////////////////////struggle to change Seychelles they were ex Planters/Farmers and their French ancestors had build that Seychelles and as such the vast many linking issues, culture, politic with France and their global network - hence we turned to the Irish, the Scots and other European Nations for help given the awful British history - What about the person of Sir Nicolas Fairbain how supported Cold War battle against Communist - what about the role of Lord Oxford former governor of Seychelles and Zanzibar his many advice and support - the manner that SIROP program was written and those involved those leading world person and politicians, important aspects of the politic and economy of Sri Lanka was taken in the equation of that Program and Seychelles change and the Region, we have cited/state to the UN, UNHCR, the International Court of Justice the Claim papers for the Royal court of Justice and the European court of Justice and the Justice of Seychelles and Mauritius and the Francophone and France -the time will come when this topic will have to be plainly spoken the bad if not awful relation between Britain and the Seychelles Franco families and their respective interests and they wanting to cover up and slant and distort what really took place this is a very serious challenge and critic. To certain extent hate involved. To this day be it former President Mancham and his former Ministers and President and the SPUP have refused to state the terrible relation which existed and prevailed in colonial /Seychelles Britannia and the why - the dreadful Planters relation and the manner the Constitutions was written and the political process for Independence - the strong views of the Planters at the time and all those who told and made it know to DP Leaders and officials - that the mess Britain was cooking for the Seychelles was as bad as Zanzibar and it would come to hunt them in other word the mess of the exile and Exodus had been foreseen and talked about and FA Rene and Associates knew about it and knew that this was a very important card/weapon he had and how he used and abused it. Sir Fairbain and the Earl of Oxford knew very well an dos to the many Irtish politicians . Former leading Colonial Administrator like Judge EJ Stiven who knew most of the leading politicians in Seychelles and the region had warned about this situation - he was afraid and shared his knowledge with the then Constitutional Adviser, he had played an important role in the Zanzibar Constitution sand other Constitution issue of Tanzania and Kenya. What he discussed and talked with then Seychelles leading Lawyers, Judges and Magistrate, Senior Police officers, Intelligence Service visiting Officials the USA officials he also kept dairy and all his thoughts and concern would be in there. It was wrong/improper to allow Hon Wavel a second generation migrant Indian citizen to chair that Commission as he will disfavor the Planters community and their Rights and children in Favor of the Indian and those who will be guiding and dictating him. The above said how those advised us which Lawyer to go to and what to discuss and not discus in public or even the lawyers and other then deny these ever took place, the many embassies in London who knew and monitored the issues and we had to addressed those who were supposed to be keeping three eyes on our person and activities , We supposed the view and issues of Vatican mean nothing to the International Justice their defrauded and debased justice thinking - after those who had spend all their life time praying and then dare say they are Christians -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituaries-sir-nicholas-fairbairn-1573984.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Fairbairn

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12541710.Fairbairn_estate_may_be_disputed/http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituaries-sir-nicholas-fairbairn-1573984.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Fairbairn

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12541710.Fairbairn_estate_may_be_disputed/

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 am

The National Assembly of Seychelles added 5 new photos.
3 hrs ·
The National Assembly of Seychelles is proud to present the new Speaker, Hon. Nicholas Prea and the new Deputy Speaker, Hon. Ahmed Afif. Under the direction of the new Speaker, the institution will continue on the path of transforming a strong Parliament that represents the crucial development of Democracy in the country.
The newly elected Member for the District of Anse Boileau, Hon. Phillip Arissol also took his Oath of Allegiance. #lasanblenasyonal #seychelles
Read more here: http://bit.ly/newspeaker2018

We have always had and will always have an issue with our Creole language at communicating and expressing the limited capacity, dimensions, depth to express as normal humans we are very candid there are all kind of human being on this planet their abilities to express and communicate by this at the end what they are perceived, become known  are attributed definitions and classed, ranked and positions.

We wish to come back to Hon Wankalawan speech/intervention this morning on the officiation function -manning and cautioning the nation  however the freedom they have been given and acquired on account of the  Assembly work must not be abused  and those who take liberty to abuse and insult the MNA, the Officials , the government , Ministers and other officials.

There was a reason for Hon Wankalawan to choose the manner he addressed the National Assembly, the nation and our communities across the world and the world and the regions the functionality of our Nation.  He stressed the issues of 2016, the role played very brief by former Minister and Speaker/MNA Pat Pillay - the world is watching us and we indeed may not be doing a good Job this morning either.

We had known of the Officiation  and the process - beside the Anse Boileau election and the many threads and comments, the choice of Speaker and Deputy again the many threads and comments.

The underlining current, burning issues and problematic is the way Seychelles politicians is reacting and responding to regional, European and International working, political, economic the many topics which make politic.  This challenge influenced the working of SNP as opposition and their many efforts to get elected and int he National Assembly the manner they choose and selected what thematic be it national regional an international or communal to politic and formulate their agenda.  The departure of Mr David Pierre now Ambassador, Mr Alain St Anges Ex Tourists Minister  and now Trade Union Leader. To use the word of a wise lady they could not start a riot in the toilet even if they tried.  The manner and process, pressure, battle on our hands to get the EU high Institutions to demand greater accountability of then Seychelles government of President J A Michel and then National Assembly controlled by SPPF/PL one read daily of issue across the world where the EU are contributing in many aspects to get them engage where solution can be found is not easy  it take a great deal of work, capacity and aggressive input. First on President  J A Michel then on the SPPF - here we want to come back to European or other nations functioning  and their institutions and benchmarks. Because/on account of our mix ethnic/divers  and importantly core European institutions values and how they work in Europe and across from East to West and north to South they are place in a good position to help/assist that we can sort out untangle some of our mess. Here we are talking of the uneducated to the highly educated form the black to the white and other ethnicity and likewise  social ranks . The process once started when it landed and end development the political party of former minister  Pat Pillay and his former colleagues  and the fusion again the end  result or arrangement the LDS beside other political factions who joined with our former Minister Pat Pillay foray this would never have taken place.

Now we have been imputing as exiles/refugees from  Seychelles the Indian ocean for the past near 40 years as such the old politicians and their knowledge and history, the new politicians their knowledge and history  and the current people/politicians we have acquired knowledge, experience and abilities. We are not about because/on account of a politician or group of politicians decided this is the new game/norm we ought, must jettison all the knowledge and acquired experience  and play it their way, comport their way and impute their way.

Had we to bring a team of specialist there is something very sinister about the current MNA the length they are prepared and not prepared to tackle our nation history and manner it works and have worked and is workings either they lack the dimension and human/person to take the challenge there are concerning blockage, psychosis stopping and preventing them - is it our TV and Media cannot be they have aces to media on a global scale and TV. So what is it.
On our part we have provided little information how our greater Communities work in Europe and rest of the world our Refugee and exiles - it come down to money there is so much you can do with Voluntary resources you want better you will have to pay and this we cannot. The need and requirement to communicate on a different dimension manner and method how we work and why we work that way.

For example the current Europe economic and political issues how they trade with Seychelles be it in Tourism and otherwise Environmental issues - Bilateral what it take for a small community in the mighty and highly complex and complicate Europe to be able to imput and get anything done to benefit and achieve a given direction or objective. Be they Germany, Austria, France, Britain Scandinavia , Italy  and former East Europe nations. The need capacity to understand their complex working sand achieve anything deem positive and link this with Seychelles workings. In turn how it impact and affect our national politic, media, society and economy. Then we/you have your regional and international military and strategic thematic and issues. Lady Thatcher termed her way, PM Blair his Way and PM Cameron -

The battle/the mess of pre 2016 has not gone it is all there if anything causing greater vexation - aggravation with those affected asking are they taking us for bloody fools and idiots, what is going on in that country, its national Assembly and politic. What must we undertake and do to get justice and redress reacquire our Rights or that it be recognized by the Nation and its institutions.  A very dangerous development MNA Affif knew and was deeply embroiled in some of that large sums which vanished and disappeared he worked and a special person to see him elected as Deputy Speaker - there are very many issue we cannot write in public had we to face the Court and the appropriate national Assembly would explain and to the  MNA, that national Assembly because it know these information cannot and must not be shard in  public their comportment and attitude. This is and form part of all the horrors and terrible thematic that led to President J A Michel resignation and the SPPF/PL split up.

Given that they all have to pay for expense and it is the Taxpayers and other paying for them - in our case under the UN and International Justice working we have a Right to the national economy, income and benefits for the past 40 years how this have been handled and managed. The very MNA ought to be investigated, questioned and make accountable. who will do this for us.

From Europe and outside of Seychelles we have to work many complex issue with the Nations of Africa and recent development with South Africa the new president and our communication to him and the SA High Commissioner to Seychelles President Mandela daughter. We stated firmly to him that the economic and financial situation President Zuma landed was due in  great part to Seychelles linked thematic  and he and his people know and are aware - yet our National Assembly.

At the end of the day the whole of that 6th National Assembly process is due/owe some form of credit to our Seychelles Diaspora, our exile Refugee  and those we work and correlate and impute. If the National refuse and do not show a/some semblance of acknowledge  this situation and relation will get worse.

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirop14 Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:40 pm

STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS 2018 - BY PRESIDENT DANNY FAURE
https://youtu.be/V7QsyLfmQlc

STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS BY PRESIDENT DANNY FAURE

6 March 2018

Mr Speaker,

Leader of the Opposition,

Leader of Government Business,

Members of the National Assembly,

I would like to start by congratulating you Mr Speaker on your election as the head of the National Assembly. It is my sincere hope that we can continue to work together for the good of Seychelles and the good of the Seychellois people.

Congratulations to Honourable Ahmed Afif on your election as Deputy Speaker and Honourable Phillip Arissol as the elected representative of the district of Anse Boileau.

http://www.statehouse.gov.sc/speeches.php?news_id=3847

State-of-the-nation address today

President Danny Faure will deliver his annual State-of-the-Nation address today before the National Assembly. This will mark the first sitting of the National Assembly for 2018. President Faure... Read More
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=257930

Sirop14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next